Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Nth Korea cuts Military Hotline to Sth Korea

north korea; south korea;

  • Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#76    OverSword

OverSword

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 13,294 posts
  • Joined:16 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle WA USA

  • When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:02 PM




#77    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostStellar, on 05 April 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Well, it's the people's responsibility to change that then. It's not any other country's "responsibility" to feed those people, nor do they have that ability. The UN tried giving them food in the past, but did it make it to the ppl?

That still doens't mean you put sanctions on them. lol It doesn't even make a difference to my point.

View PostStellar, on 05 April 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Exactly. Naive. Like that time you claimed the US doesn't need a well trained army or air force because they have drones.


I never siad thta at all. lol Always twisting what I said. I said they don't need to trian in the exact area they did where NK could see. Ther eis a difference between flexing muscles and trianing.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#78    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,855 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

View PostCoffey, on 05 April 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:



That still doens't mean you put sanctions on them. lol It doesn't even make a difference to my point.


Sure does. Why support the country that's threatening to commit mass murder? Why continue to make them stronger?

Quote

I never siad thta at all. lol Always twisting what I said. I said they don't need to trian in the exact area they did where NK could see. Ther eis a difference between flexing muscles and trianing.

That is exactly what you said. When I get home, I'll quote you if you want.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#79    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostStellar, on 05 April 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Sure does. Why support the country that's threatening to commit mass murder? Why continue to make them stronger?

So sanctions stops their military form being stronger? No.....

All it does is affect the civilians.

View PostStellar, on 05 April 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

That is exactly what you said. When I get home, I'll quote you if you want.

I said they don't need to train in that area.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#80    Thanato

Thanato

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,117 posts
  • Joined:27 Jun 2004

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 April 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

So sanctions stops their military form being stronger? No.....

All it does is affect the civilians.



I said they don't need to train in that area.

The sanctions have no effect on the Civilian Population as the Sanctions stop food and money coming into the country. Food and money which goes straight to the North Korean Military.

Where would you of liked South Korea to train? In the United States? Perhaps the Desert. You train to fight and in this Case they are training to fight at home.

Also about the 'assasination' idea. That would be the worst thing you could do. Create a power vacum which would lead to war.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

****
"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato
****

#81    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostThanato, on 06 April 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

The sanctions have no effect on the Civilian Population as the Sanctions stop food and money coming into the country. Food and money which goes straight to the North Korean Military.

Where would you of liked South Korea to train? In the United States? Perhaps the Desert. You train to fight and in this Case they are training to fight at home.

Also about the 'assasination' idea. That would be the worst thing you could do. Create a power vacum which would lead to war.

~Thanato

The sanctions do affect the civilian population. If they really starved their people the people would uprise agaisnt them. Not sit aorund starving to death. Another reaosn I don't think we ar eheairng the full story.

If you where starving to death all your friends and fmaily, would you jsut sit aorund and die?! Don't think so.

They don't need to trian in full view of NK... They could ahve done it as far south as possible in SK or anywhere. They didn't trian US/UK troops in the dessert for Iraq and Afghan. They trained at home. Have some commoan sense, the enviroment is similar to hoem soil in US and with the US technology they would blitz NK anyway. The Air support would do it alone.

Edited by Coffey, 06 April 2013 - 12:49 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#82    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 14,277 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

The theory that starving people rise up against their rulers is old hat nonsense.  If you are starving you are not able to do any such thing.  Revolutions arise out of ideological or similar foundations.

However, I think the image of the starving North Koreans is a bit much anyway.  They have a subsistence existence for the most part now, and every now and then when there is a bad crop or something, starvation does occur.  Most of the time aid does get in.  Nevertheless I would not want to live there.


#83    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 06 April 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

The theory that starving people rise up against their rulers is old hat nonsense.  If you are starving you are not able to do any such thing.  Revolutions arise out of ideological or similar foundations.

However, I think the image of the starving North Koreans is a bit much anyway.  They have a subsistence existence for the most part now, and every now and then when there is a bad crop or something, starvation does occur.  Most of the time aid does get in.  Nevertheless I would not want to live there.

Agree with the seocnd part of your post, the first part however has been proven before. Humans and animals only starve to death when locked up... Ther eis no way they wouldn't be able to get food somehow.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#84    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Unsuitable for large vehicles

  • Member
  • 24,847 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 April 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:



They don't need to trian in full view of NK... They could ahve done it as far south as possible in SK or anywhere. They didn't trian US/UK troops in the dessert for Iraq and Afghan. They trained at home. Have some commoan sense, the enviroment is similar to hoem soil in US and with the US technology they would blitz NK anyway. The Air support would do it alone.
So the SK armed forces should go to the US to train just so that they don't annoy their deranged neighbour? isn't that rather handing victory to the silly little man on a plate; "the Imperialist Dogs are afraid of the Glorious People's Democratic Army, and have been driven from their own land without a shot being fired, praise be to the Dear leader!"?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#85    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,244 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

The British train in the Falklands I dont see you moan about that


#86    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,802 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 06 April 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

The British train in the Falklands I dont see you moan about that
It rather proves the point, doesn't it?  They had to fight there, and may do so again someday.  It's a long way and an extra expense to train there but it's also the best place to train for that eventuality.  Keeps the Argies from having a "home field" advantage  ;)

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#87    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,855 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 April 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:



So sanctions stops their military form being stronger? No.....

All it does is affect the civilians.

Because their government is chosing to do that. When their government keeps the food they do get from the civilian population and stock it up for their military, that's the NKs decision, not the USs. That means, it's the NKs fault their civilians are dying, not the USs.


Quote

I said they don't need to train in that area.

Oh, really?

Quote

My position is that i believe both are wrong. NK more than US and SK, but my point is US and SK should have been the adults and not even bothered with military training in the region. They don't even need it. lol The US can just use drones now. The US's drones alone would take out NK with ease. lol



"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#88    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 14,277 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

It might be fun some time to argue about this or that revoluton arising out of the people starving.  Those that I know about the best were entirely ideological or to expell foreigners.  There is always a good deal of deprivation during a revolution -- they go together -- but the old images of the French starving in the streets of Paris is just too Dickensian.  The reality is that the Enlightenment made the aristocracy and the monarchy and their privledges intolerable.  The American revoluton was not out of hunger for sure.  Nor the Russian or the Bolshevik that followed, they were ideological and made possible by war.


#89    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,855 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 April 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:



The sanctions do affect the civilian population. If they really starved their people the people would uprise agaisnt them. Not sit aorund starving to death. Another reaosn I don't think we ar eheairng the full story.

If you where starving to death all your friends and fmaily, would you jsut sit aorund and die?! Don't think so.

They don't need to trian in full view of NK... They could ahve done it as far south as possible in SK or anywhere. They didn't trian US/UK troops in the dessert for Iraq and Afghan. They trained at home. Have some commoan sense, the enviroment is similar to hoem soil in US and with the US technology they would blitz NK anyway. The Air support would do it alone.

The US trained for Iraq in desert areas. Iraq trained for the defense of Iraq in the terrain they would defend it on. SK is training to defend SK by, shockingly, training in the area they will be defending. It is perfectly within their right.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#90    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,855 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 06 April 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

The British train in the Falklands I dont see you moan about that

They train there because it provides facilities unavailable to them in the mainland. Many countries train abroad in order to recreate the terrain they may fight in in the future.

You don't train for fighting in a jungle by training in a desert. You also don't train to defend your own country by going to a different country.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users