Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Help from some photo knowledgeable people.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

Thanks for the info guys, and no they don't show the images to others, they are not out to make money from it.

I actually got to meet the guy quickly on ANZAC Day and found out they weren't around when the images were caught, and they have 2 massive bull mastiffs in their back yard (this is their backyard) they also have a camera out the front.

I think if anything they are a bit spooked by some of the stuff they capture at times but no they are most definitely straight, quiet people.

I'll ask my brother if there are any plants as he is their friend other wise I'll let them know bug. I truly think they'd love an ordinary explanation.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#17    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Tia, on 08 April 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, I have to say I was stumped for all of about 20 seconds.  It's obviously not a meteor.  Then I looked closer under the object "streak" and if you look close you can see what appear to be light and dark patches, as well as a light patch intersecting the top of the fence.  What you have here is back light reflecting off the top portion of a van.  I'm not the best at identifying automobiles, but I'm sure someone with intimate knowledge can identify the window pattern and provide you with the make and model.

#18    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

Rain gutter is a possibility, maybe there was one of those automatic lights that come on if something moves in the vicinity and the plastic reflected it, could have been a car passing by or a light from another house, would be good to know the surroundings of the garden.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#19    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,564 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

Kahn, on 05 May 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

Well, I have to say I was stumped for all of about 20 seconds.  It's obviously not a meteor.  Then I looked closer under the object "streak" and if you look close you can see what appear to be light and dark patches, as well as a light patch intersecting the top of the fence.  What you have here is back light reflecting off the top portion of a van.  I'm not the best at identifying automobiles, but I'm sure someone with intimate knowledge can identify the window pattern and provide you with the make and model.

Damn.....Good job, I see it now.

:nw:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#20    Exorcist

Exorcist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Kahn, on 05 May 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

Wow, that's a pretty good observation!

"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

#21    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

I would definitely agree with mr. Kahn, i would bet it is a manmade object passing right beyond the fence. In future, it would be wise to also post along also pictures of the same area in daylight if possible from same angle, it helps a lot to identify logical explanations.

#22    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

It looks like a closethline to me, the kind that is just a pole with arms.If the wind caught it and made it spin it could set off the motion sensor.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#23    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,246 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Can I reiterate what Amalthe posted - I'd LOVE to see a daylight image from the same camera, same angle, so we can see what is behind that fence and what angle we are actually looking at.  I'd also love to see another image taken, giving a wider view for that entire scene, from behind the camera's location.

I'm happy to provide instructions on how to do that if needed, but I somehow suspect that Tia will meet with significant resistance to any further investigation as the pic's owners very likely already know what it is...  I'll be delighted to be proven wrong, though..

Some very good possibilities have been posted, btw - well done team UM!

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#24    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,237 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Tia, on 08 April 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Hi,

These shots were sent to me from a relative as I'm known as the weird one. His mate has surveillance cameras set up around his house and motion sensor lights. I'm still waiting back for more info from him. At first I thought bug but then I thought a bug wouldn't show that 'tail?' and it also wouldn't trigger a camera from that distance but then who knows.

Hopefully someone can give me an explanation so I can pass it on, don't mind the date and time are out too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

so if its a surveillance camera, surely its video? If so, seeing the clip will make things better, but to be honest, I see nothing anomalous at all, tho if pushed to look at what you describe as having a tail, Id put my money on something mundane like a box van roof, or guttering from another building, as someone else here said. As its a night-shot with a possible IR camera, then you have to understand IR cams make lots of things 'glow'

Im wondering why your friends will aim the cam above the fence to start with, as its motion sensor will be continuously set off with whatever passes, wont it?  And if its not aimed above the fence, then whatever is in the pic had nothing to do with the motion sensors

eta: As this is posted in the ghosts section I thought youd want to bring the attention to what someone else posted looks like a face next to the shrubs on the right?

Edited by seeder, 21 June 2013 - 12:30 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#25    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think most likely lights from something hitting the fence. Either from a house or a car passing. Was the image there for a while did it move?

#26    Supremebeing

Supremebeing

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hi there!

That could be a UFO out in a distance having a beam of light shine at some other UFOs. Why it would do that? Have no idea.

#27    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

I like the rain gutter idea. I can see supports for it at regular intervals and even the bottoms of some of the rafters holding it up. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that it's nearly aligned with the top of the fence.

I'm sure there's a good reason we haven't seen a daylight shot!

#28    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Supremebeing, on 26 June 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Hi there!

That could be a UFO out in a distance having a beam of light shine at some other UFOs. Why it would do that? Have no idea.
<facepalm>
Why do some folks try to find a supernatural explanation for the commonplace?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users