Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Falling in love

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

I have always wondered why in English is 'falling' in love...why falling?
Why not 'rising' in love.....or 'lifting' in love...?

Does love make us fall?....shouldn't it be the opposite?

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#2    Elfin

Elfin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostAggie, on 06 August 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

I have always wondered why in English is 'falling' in love...why falling?
Why not 'rising' in love.....or 'lifting' in love...?

Does love make us fall?....shouldn't it be the opposite?

It certainly feels like falling, when it happens.

#3    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,977 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

Maybe they call it falling to show a lack of control.

When I feel joy/euphoria or love I tend to get the bubbles and energy rising up to the top of my head. But that's generally when I feel a more spiritual style love I guess.

So maybe it depends on what kind of love as to whether we fall or rise.

#4    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

It certainly feels like a high to me, not falling.....falling is what I feel when I'm sad, love doesn't make me sad.

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#5    Elfin

Elfin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostAggie, on 07 August 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

It certainly feels like a high to me, not falling.....falling is what I feel when I'm sad, love doesn't make me sad.

Perhaps more like jumping out of a plane. Not that I've ever done that, with or without a parachute (lol), but falling in love certainly involves letting go and taking a massive, heart-racing leap into the unknown, putting your trust in someone, or something else entirely.

#6    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

Yeah, like falling off a plane...never done that either but I can imagine the feeling!...but doesn't the risk feel good?   lol

My OP is because I realize that in many other languages 'falling in love' is not 'falling', is 'becoming in love', for example in Spanish and Italian.
I don't know if there is another language, besides English, that uses the word falling to describe becoming enamoured.

#7    Elfin

Elfin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostAggie, on 07 August 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Yeah, like falling off a plane...never done that either but I can imagine the feeling!...but doesn't the risk feel good?   lol

My OP is because I realize that in many other languages 'falling in love' is not 'falling', is 'becoming in love', for example in Spanish and Italian.
I don't know if there is another language, besides English, that uses the word falling to describe becoming enamoured.

The risk feels very good, the best feeling there is.

Interesting question, I don't know the answer to that.

#8    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'd say because you "fall" from being self empowered...
to depending on someone else to empower and make you happy....

like a fallen angel.. you fall from your original greatness..
and give another the power to destroy your soul

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#9    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostLostSouls7, on 08 August 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

Very good answer.....but I still wonder why other languages don't see love as 'falling;...

#10    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostLostSouls7, on 08 August 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

That's not what real love is. Far from it, what you describe there is ego love perhaps.
I think the word 'fallen' in regards to the angelics is completely misinterpreted as well imo, by our language. The "fall" is the descension  in consciousness to ego consciousness ie, becoming a 3d physical being, it is not supposed to mean 'less than' of what resides above in the celestial or higher planes of consciousness, it's just a term which describes an ego identity which is needed to be here. But it is ego which attaches labels and values to the words to see one state better than the other. Black and white / good and evil.

Descension in consciousness to 3d  is equal to physical body matter - it is how consciousness expresses itself in 3d. (That is for those whose English is not their first language) Ascension (rising) is to describe the state of consciousness in dimensions above 3d (outside of physical reality and ego identity).

The OP is right, the word falling is the wrong word to describe love. It should be rising in love as the opening of the heart chakra is a rising (ascension) in consciousness/energy. Aside from the  bio, chemical, hormonal and psychological changes one goes through, which is all 3d level processes right---Love is also about consciousness and energy compatibility, and the opening of the heart chakra as a result - which is a major major thing to happen and it's impact on not just the body level of being but the emotional, mental, spiritual bodies too -  Love is then is supposed to be the journey to live and balance through the heart chakra consciousness and energies in the self and with each other. Not everyone can do it because unfortunately we aren't taught to be in awareness of this, you either are or you aren't --- so chose who you open your heart to wisely, our 'fallen' state makes it a challenge as fallen relates to the ego aspect we have to juggle as well. Ego and heart are always in contention but can be balanced. It just takes work and patience, another thing people give up on far to easily.

I wish they would teach the real meaning of love in schools from a young age, so people weren't so quick to give their hearts away to someone who is not on their wavelength or energetically compatible with them. If people were more heart aware and less genital (root/sacral) aware there would be such less confusion and hurt and the feelings of utter dis empowerment.

But no our society bombards young people and everyone with the lustrous sexual ego instant gratification version of love, that emotionally really belongs to the consciousness level of a brick.

To many people ending up with damaged heart chakras from a young age and then having warped views about what love is and how to manage that consciousness in a balanced way, it's not supposed to be like that.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#11    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 08 August 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

That's not what real love is. Far from it, what you describe there is ego love perhaps.
I think the word 'fallen' in regards to the angelics is completely misinterpreted as well imo, by our language. The "fall" is the descension  in consciousness to ego consciousness ie, becoming a 3d physical being, it is not supposed to mean 'less than' of what resides above in the celestial or higher planes of consciousness, it's just a term which describes an ego identity which is needed to be here. But it is ego which attaches labels and values to the words to see one state better than the other. Black and white / good and evil.

Descension in consciousness to 3d  is equal to physical body matter - it is how consciousness expresses itself in 3d. (That is for those whose English is not their first language) Ascension (rising) is to describe the state of consciousness in dimensions above 3d (outside of physical reality and ego identity).

The OP is right, the word falling is the wrong word to describe love. It should be rising in love as the opening of the heart chakra is a rising (ascension) in consciousness/energy. Aside from the  bio, chemical, hormonal and psychological changes one goes through, which is all 3d level processes right---Love is also about consciousness and energy compatibility, and the opening of the heart chakra as a result - which is a major major thing to happen and it's impact on not just the body level of being but the emotional, mental, spiritual bodies too -  Love is then is supposed to be the journey to live and balance through the heart chakra consciousness and energies in the self and with each other. Not everyone can do it because unfortunately we aren't taught to be in awareness of this, you either are or you aren't --- so chose who you open your heart to wisely, our 'fallen' state makes it a challenge as fallen relates to the ego aspect we have to juggle as well. Ego and heart are always in contention but can be balanced. It just takes work and patience, another thing people give up on far to easily.

I wish they would teach the real meaning of love in schools from a young age, so people weren't so quick to give their hearts away to someone who is not on their wavelength or energetically compatible with them. If people were more heart aware and less genital (root/sacral) aware there would be such less confusion and hurt and the feelings of utter dis empowerment.

But no our society bombards young people and everyone with the lustrous sexual ego instant gratification version of love, that emotionally really belongs to the consciousness level of a brick.

To many people ending up with damaged heart chakras from a young age and then having warped views about what love is and how to manage that consciousness in a balanced way, it's not supposed to be like that.

Great post! I like the part about choosing wisely who you give you heart to.
I suppose at a young age when i was much younger I did not choose wisely.

I just notice when I shave and fix myself up women look at me a lot.
But I doubt anyone out there is my soul mate. for many reasons.

I have a dark view of love as far as romantic or me depending on another to be happy.
I feel love , happiness, and adventure everyday.
But it's through self empowerment and nature that i did this.

A lot of my single friends and aquantences..
are sad always and depressed....
I have no time to be depressed... always something new and exciting to do.. !

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#12    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostLostSouls7, on 09 August 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

Great post! I like the part about choosing wisely who you give you heart to.
I suppose at a young age when i was much younger I did not choose wisely.

I just notice when I shave and fix myself up women look at me a lot.
But I doubt anyone out there is my soul mate. for many reasons.

I have a dark view of love as far as romantic or me depending on another to be happy.
I feel love , happiness, and adventure everyday.
But it's through self empowerment and nature that i did this.

A lot of my single friends and aquantences..
are sad always and depressed....
I have no time to be depressed... always something new and exciting to do.. !

When you shave you get more attention? Yeah, some like that, we are all different...but some of us like men with beards! lol

I could never have a dark view on love, no matter how may times I fail or succeed. Love is one of the elixirs of life and no matter how long you are single, I believe we all have a special person out there that complement us.

blu3 de 3n3rgy is correct: we should change the expression to 'lifting in love' or 'rising in love' and not falling....love is a beautiful thing.

#13    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

eh falling in love just sounds better to me, but maybe that's because Iv always heard it said that way.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#14    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

View PostElfin, on 07 August 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Perhaps more like jumping out of a plane. Not that I've ever done that, with or without a parachute (lol), but falling in love certainly involves letting go and taking a massive, heart-racing leap into the unknown, putting your trust in someone, or something else entirely.

I can see the point of those who say it should be "rising" instead of "falling", but I think Elfin hit the nail on the head. It's exhilarating, but can also be somewhat scary... though I guess floating away on the wind like a balloon might be scary too. ;)

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#15    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

Don't forget that people fall out of love, just as easy as they fall into love. In that case, why do we call it falling out of love? I think that Kazahel said it best when he said it's to show lack of control, and Elfin made a good comparison as well. I think these two hit the ball right out of the park on this one.

In both expressions falling in, and falling out you can show for lack of control, and it would feel like you jumped out of a plane.

Ever heard the expression, "my heart just sank into my chest" and then you get nauseated, and tears well up, or your face heats up and you just want to yell or punch a wall?

Love, is so intense, so intoxicating, so poisonous, so unpredictable, so fatal. But loves is also so soft, so delicate, so moving, so spiritual that it speaks to the soul. Love is a cobra, and were the snake charmers.

Love is a loaded gun, aimed directly at your heart. That's probably how the idea of Cupid came about. Hearts and Arrows. Also something that interested me just a second ago, was the correlation of Cupid and Falling in Love. Though derived from Greek mythology, Cupid being an angel, and angels have fell from heaven, from a biblical perspective, knowing heaven is a place of pure love, the love of God. So in a sense wouldn't the definition of falling in love, look something sort of like this?

Fallen in Heaven? And the opposite of which would be Fallen from Heaven? She's an angel fallen from heaven... So if were all falling in one direction, then where's that leave hell?

Life and Death, Heaven and Hell, Love and Hate some people call them cousins, I call them split personalities.

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users