Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strict Gun Laws in Chicago Canít Stem Shootin

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#76    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,038 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostGummug, on 01 February 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

Yep. Looks like the word "forbidden" to me.

My bad. Sorry.

Edit: and in case anybody  wonders, I asked my friend to give me a trick question that those who ever got a NYC license should know. The answer is: the correctly filled seller section on the Purchase Permit. In NY City you did not get a license and could go out and buy any gun you wanted, you got a license for a certain gun, so you actually had to buy it after obtaining the purchase permit (limited to a certain gun type), get the license and then pick the gun up. If you wanted another gun the whole rigmarole started over again. And if you wanted to sell your gun you could only do it to a licensed dealer or to somebody with a purchase permit, then that gun would be taken off your license. ( A system that would prevent guns from getting in the wrong hands, though a little complicated)

Edited by questionmark, 01 February 2013 - 02:00 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#77    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 01 February 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

To better clarify what I'm talking about ill say one more thing. With Obama's executive order initiatives concerning mental health and firearm ownership there is concern people simply will not seek help thinking they will lose their firearm rights forever. I was looking for a discussion on a way to prevent people from not seeking the help they need while reassuring them try will not lose their rights permanently. It wasn't even the major part of my post. Responsibility and education was my main focus. And asinine regulations preventing law abiding citizens from owning a firearm that is deemed scary when in reality it is just perception and how clip size is irrelevant.

While I normally don't correct spelling or grammer either but, since you felt the need to correct aztec, I feel the need to correct you. It's I'll not ill or Ill. I'll means I will, Ill or ill means to not feel well. :yes:

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#78    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.Ē ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostBama13, on 01 February 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

While I normally don't correct spelling or grammer either but, since you felt the need to correct aztec, I feel the need to correct you. It's I'll not ill or Ill. I'll means I will, Ill or ill means to not feel well. :yes:
Thank you for that. That darn autocorrect! LOL I'll try to be more aware in the future. Very thoughtful of you to help me out. I'll see you around my friend.
Also it's aztek :w00t: I'm just messing around with you,  who cares anyway right! LOL

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 01 February 2013 - 09:53 PM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#79    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,515 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

In sort of related news.....

More 911 calls won't get in-person response starting Sunday

The Chicago Police Department hopes to free up the equivalent of 44 officers a day by no longer dispatching cops for certain crimes, like burglaries and car thefts in which the offender is no longer at the scene and no one is in immediate danger.

Police confirmed the change, which takes effect Sunday. Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy told aldermen last year he was considering a move in that direction.

http://www.chicagotr...0,5165667.story

The hope is those extra 44 cops a day will help with some of the violence going on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users