Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How many of you can get to the starting line?

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#166    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,104 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I see I've missed a lot the last three days.  Same old thread, different title.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 15 January 2013 - 04:44 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#167    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,261 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 15 January 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

You and about a million other guys would like to see all that evidence, wouldn't you?  Where do you think you're going to get it from?  Who do you think is going to give it to you if it hasn't been properly declassified.

I can just give you helpful hints, and the scientists at the Research and Development Board, for example, or how the 1953 Kingman, Arizona crash sounded similar to the information we were give,

i have given lots of free hints and advice to those who are interested and told them where to look.

Right, because you're qualified to know that that information exists and would have to be declassified and that it proves the existance of ET's. You've already made it obvious that that's not true.

Unsubstantiated claims by other people and your own speculation are NOT evidence of anything other than you've convinced yourself that it's true.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#168    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I definitely don't think that ET is here to "save" us, and even if they were it would turn out to be something like Rosemary's Baby.  LOL

#169    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 15 January 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

heya q... i'm not sure about this, you mean to say that we need to believe him in order for him to share the specifics? i don't have problems accepting his word that he had been shown pictures of 'alleged' aliens, but what makes them real? just because he says so? or he was told so?

no I dont mean we need to believe him that they were aliens, we need to believe (as you say you also dont have a problem with this part) that he was shown pictures, had his own experience plus xxx (the xxx will be revealed at some point im sure..just a hunch)

but what makes them real? this is key question for me....along with what exactly convinced you 100%.....I am believer although McG is not, he is 100% convinced based on xy and z....I am interested in xyz

#170    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 15 January 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Right, because you're qualified to know that that information exists and would have to be declassified and that it proves the existance of ET's. You've already made it obvious that that's not true.

Unsubstantiated claims by other people and your own speculation are NOT evidence of anything other than you've convinced yourself that it's true.

I know that it exists because I have seen some of it, but I don't know WHERE it exists at this moment.  As I said, I can only give some helpful hints about that, but a lot has happened in the decades since I saw that information.

No Internet existed back in that time, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Power Point, etc, etc.  Things were very different back then.

#171    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,643 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 15 January 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

is this the usual way you respond when your arguments do not make logical sense? If so, it seems a strange way to persuade people to listen to your arguments.
No, its the way I respond to people who's reading comprehension sucks. The only thing you like listening to is your own voice.

#172    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,261 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 15 January 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

I know that it exists because I have seen some of it, but I don't know WHERE it exists at this moment.  As I said, I can only give some helpful hints about that, but a lot has happened in the decades since I saw that information.

No Internet existed back in that time, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Power Point, etc, etc.  Things were very different back then.

And what you're apparently not getting is that it takes more than someone's claim (in this case yours) that something is true, to actually show that such is in fact true and in evidence. And AA believers have had over 50 years to "prove" it and have completely and utterly failed. And no, the Military is really not that great at keeping secrets. Examples being that the YF-12A precursor to the SR-71 was a poorly kept secret as was the B-70 Valkyrie as well as the Stealth Fighter.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#173    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 14 January 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

I've heard of this theory before and I think it's honestly more plausible than most of the other reasons given. That, and sheer scientific curiosity are the two best reasons for alien visitation in my opinion.
From mine it seems most likely this is a long term (to us) project of some sort, possibly involving timed and directed meteor impacts etc. If beings have had interstellar travel ability for millions or billions of years, they could probably be doing pretty much whatever they want to, and it's hard to believe any of the vehicles they send into our atmosphere just crast by accident. It's not hard to believe they might crash some intentionally from time to time though, from my pov.

#174    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 14 January 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Their problem with me is not that I have given out too little information but too much, although I have not told everything that I know.
Can you re-post any that you've already posted, since I'm not familiar with any other than a couple of pics? What is the drawing of, and what is the photo of? Can you explain your own personal experience?

#175    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostCrikey, on 14 January 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

As a matter of interest, what possible motive could aliens have for wanting to visit earth anyway, either now or in the past?
Try to think of some reasons why humans would want to visit other planets that have life on them. While you're at it, try to think of why if they were helping the local societies to develop they might do it in stages, having periods where they didn't have open direct contact that everyone is aware of...why they might give the beings hints of their existence but not let the general population know for sure. Why would they do it? Why would we do it? Maybe they deal with situations like ours frequently and have general methods of dealing with them based on their experience.

#176    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 14 January 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

nopeda, on 14 January 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:
Are you aware that the same is true for the one possibility that no xts have ever been here? Or do you think it's only true for the countless possibilities that they have?
I think one can't base an argument on evidence they don't have. Which is what AA proponents are doing all the time.
Which of the evidence being discussed would you like to say is not evidence? Which of the evidence being discussed would you like to say IS evidence, if any? How do you make the distinction? If you don't think any of the evidence being discussed in this thread is evidence, then what evidence that's not being discussed here do you think IS evidence, if any?

#177    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 14 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

AA proponents don't seem to understand that "unexplained" doesn't automatically equate to "extraterrestrial".
No it doesn't, but it does mean that there's a possibility of xt influence. Accepting that fact is the starting line, though apparently not everyone can get that "far" :huh: with this topic.

#178    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,420 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 15 January 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

No, its the way I respond to people who's reading comprehension sucks. The only thing you like listening to is your own voice.
oh dear, you really don't like people who aren't persuaded by your arguments, do you? Perhaps you might want to try to make your arguments a bit more persuasive, or perhaps use better analogies, then perhaps you might not have to respond in this manner. Perhaps you might want to think about trying that next time,

:)

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#179    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 15 January 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

Allegedly, over the last 50+ years ET bodies HAVE been obtained and examined. Yet there is no supporting evidence to substantiate any such claim. This is, more often than not, usually where AA proponents pull out an alleged "cover-up of the information" in order to excuse the fact they have nothing.
Either the bodies have been obtained or they have not. If not maybe there's nothing to cover up, but if they have then it certainly HAS been covered up. Were you somehow unaware of that?

#180    nopeda

nopeda

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 15 January 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

i have given lots of free hints and advice to those who are interested and told them where to look.
Where?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users