Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream --lasted 3 days-- concerned as hell

Curious_one

Night 1

I dreamt that I was a little girl. This was the most vivid dream I've ever had. I looked in the mirror I was Aborigional. I was wearing a pink shirt with a bunny on it the kind you would get from stitches. I had short hair, was a little over weight about 9-12 ish years old it looked like. I was locked in a shed by a man who kidnapped me. I looked at a lock on the window and thought about running. But I was so scared I could hardly move. For some reason I felt emotions (that I myself would never feel) in the dream I felt like I didn't want to run away because I didn't want this man to be disappointed in me. I had somehow grown attatched to this man. It was both fear, isolation and attatchment that prevented me from running away. I looked out the window again and I could see the man walking towards the shed. Ruggid jeans, leather jacket, long brown hair and mid 40s probably. I wanted to run but didn't.

Throughout the dream I kept seeing a tree and a house with a shed beside it. The house was white with a red roof. The tree was short and split into 3 branches.

Night 2

This time in my dream I was the mother of the child. I was looking everywhere for my child. There was a camp beside where this women and her daughter lived. I (in the moms body) ran down to this camp with a picture of my daughter wondering if anyone had seen her. I asked all the kids and no one would listen to me. I ran into a white building. I looked at the stairs leading to the top level. They were old wooden white stairs with chipped paint. It was a narrow stairwell with no windows. When I got upstairs there was a fireplace. The I seen the ghost of this girl in the fireplace calling for help. And I wanted to help but I didn't know how. I looked out the window and I could see my reflection. This mom was very beautiful. Long black hair. Thin. Brown eyes in her 30's probably. Her eyes grey red and she started to cry.

Night 3

In this dream I was the kidnapper. I was walking towards my house. It was near the end of summer. Leaves on the trees were still green but the odd one had a brown tinge to it. There was a lot of tall yellow grass things in the field. The 3 split tree was near the road leading to the house. It was a small old looking house. I went inside to make some food. And then walked out to the shed where the girl was. Next thing I know I was walking back to the house. Wondering what I was doing. Fearing that my whole life was doomed. I felt hopeless and confused. I didn't know where to go next and felt a sick feeling in my stomachs about what I had done. I went inside looked in the mirror and there I was (he was) dark brown hair kina curly to his shoulders, dark brown leather jacket, jeans, 40ish. Then I woke up.

Couple days later I heard on the radio a girl had gone missing and I called my aunt who lived in an area that looked similar to the area in my dream I got her to drive around and look for the house I described. But she didn't find it I followed up and the girl was found and safe. Obviously not the one I dreamt about. I searched on the internet looking for someone who looked like the girl in my dream, 9-12 shoulder length black hair, aborigional, but couldn't find anything that looked just like her. So guess I can't so anything about this dream. Maybe it meant nothing. But it sure upset me. Being a young girl myself this dream scared the **** out of me. Maybe i just had it to give me sympathy and empathy and insight to the issue cause sadly things like this do happen...

Maybe it was a past life thing..

Or maybe you're in a sort of similar situation with relationships and people around you. Like maybe things are becoming strained or something, and your dream wanted you to see the different viewpoints from everyone, to get their perspective on the situation.

Or maybe the different people represent different states of your being. Like mental, physical, spiritual, whatever. Maybe they're in conflict or something.

Maybe it was a past life thing..

Or maybe you're in a sort of similar situation with relationships and people around you. Like maybe things are becoming strained or something, and your dream wanted you to see the different viewpoints from everyone, to get their perspective on the situation.

Or maybe the different people represent different states of your being. Like mental, physical, spiritual, whatever. Maybe they're in conflict or something.

Yes that is it I know my spiritual, emotional, social, and physical well being is out of balance hah

Hopefully that's what it is

Dreams are weird and in my opinion, they actually do have meanings sometimes. I had about 4 dreams in my life where my father died and 3 weeks before he died I had a bizarre one that went on forever and it was so real, I woke up sweating and being very uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Modern Theories on Why Dreams Exist:

Theory #1

The Evolutionary Theory: We Dream to Practice Responses to Threatening Situations

Ever notice that most dreams have a blood-surging urgency to them? In dreams, we often find ourselves naked in public, or being chased, or fighting an enemy, or sinking in quicksand. Antti Revonsuo, a Finnish cognitive scientist, has shown that our amygdala (the fight-or-flight piece of the brain) fires more than normal when we're in REM sleep (the time in sleep when we dream). In REM sleep, the brain fires in similar ways as it does when it's specifically threatened for survival. In addition to that, the part of the brain that practices motor activity (running, punching) fires increasingly during REM sleep, even though the limbs are still. In other words, Revonsuo and other evolutionary theorists argue that in dreams, we are actually rehearsing fight-and-flight responses, even though the legs and arms are not actually moving. They say that dreams are an evolutionary adaptation: We dream in order to rehearse behaviors of self-defense in the safety of nighttime isolation. In turn, get better at fight-or-flight in the real world.

Theory #2

Dreams Create Wisdom

If we remembered every image of our waking lives, it would clog our brains. So, dreams sort through memories, to determine which ones to retain and which to lose. Matt Wilson, at MIT's Center for Learning and Memory, largely defends this view. He put rats in mazes during the day, and recorded what neurons fired in what patterns as the rats negotiated the maze. When he watched the rats enter REM sleep, he saw that the same neuron patterns fired that had fired at choice turning points in the maze. In other words, he saw that the rats were dreaming of important junctures in their day. He argues that sleep is the process through which we separate the memories worth encoding in long-term memory from those worth losing. Sleep turns a flood of daily information into what we call wisdom: the stuff that makes us smart for when we come across future decisions.

Theory #3

Dreaming is Like Defragmenting Your Hard Drive

Francis Crick (who co-discovered the structure of DNA) and Graeme Mitchison put forth a famously controversial theory about dreams in 1983 when they wrote that "we dream in order to forget." They meant that the brain is like a machine that gets in the groove of connecting its data in certain ways (obsessing or defending or retaining), and that those thinking pathways might not be the most useful for us. But, when we sleep, the brain fires much more randomly. And it is this random scouring for new connections that allows us to loosen certain pathways and create new, potentially useful, ones. Dreaming is a shuffling of old connections that allows us to keep the important connections and erase the inefficient links. A good analogy here is the defragmentation of a computer's hard drive: Dreams are a reordering of connections to streamline the system.

Theory #4

Dreams Are Like Psychotherapy

But what about the emotion in dreams? Aren't dreams principally the place to confront difficult and surprising emotions, and sit with those emotions in a new way? Ernest Hartmann, a doctor at Tufts, focuses on the emotional learning that happens in dreams. He has developed the theory that dreaming puts our difficult emotions into pictures. In dreams, we deal with emotional content in a safe place, making connections that we would not make if left to our more critical or defensive brains. In this sense, dreaming is like therapy on the couch: We think through emotional stuff in a less rational and defensive frame of mind. Through that process, we come to accept truths we might otherwise repress. Dreams are our nightly psychotherapy.

Theory #5

The Absence of Theory

Of course, others argue that dreams have no meaning at all--that they are the random firings of a brain that doesn't happen to be conscious at that time. The mind is still "functioning" insofar as it's producing images, but there's no conscious sense behind the film. Perhaps it's only consciousness itself that wants to see some deep meaning in our brains at all times.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/dreaming

• Like 1