Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Great Dane: the world’s tallest female dog?

Still Waters

It's quite a tall order but this lanky pooch has just one ambition - to become the world's tallest female dog.

Great Dane Cooper stands at a staggering 36.5inches tall soaring above the current record holder who is one inch smaller, and has been entered in to the Guinness Book of Records.

Now the five-year-old hound is waiting for the judges to crown her with the prestigious title of world's tallest female pooch for herself and her long legs.

http://www.dailymail...36-5inches.html

• Like 1

Cooper has such soft kind eyes!

I have a huge soft spot for Great Danes, they are quircky, funny, stubborn and very gentle; particularly with children ( of course under supervision when children are young). Females in particular tend to 'mother' children, they make excellent nannies!

Strange that. I always thought the term for a female canine was 'b****'!

Nope, thought not! At least not on this site or the Daily Mail anyway!

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 2

She's a sweetie!

Strange that. I always thought the term for a female canine was 'b****'!

Nope, thought not! At least not on this site or the Daily Mail anyway!

Great Dane: the world's tallest b****

Better?

• Like 1

She could enter the grand national ..!!

My uncle had a great dane named Sebastian. He was the gentlest and kindest dog there ever was. I used to call him "The Gentle Gaint" because to a young girl he was a big dog. He's been gone for years now.

I am a huge fan of large dogs... but unfortunately it seems the larger the dog, the shorter the life span... It's just not fair...

Because they're big dogs? I'm just not used to being around them I suppose.

They're almost always the gentle giants. Until they step on a toe. :cry:

Because they're big dogs? I'm just not used to being around them I suppose.

Generally speaking, large dogs are more confident, a lot less excitable or nervous than smaller dogs. They are less likely to snap or bite. Great Danes in particular are very gentle. I had more trouble with a tiny Maltese than with any of the 3 Danes we had. However, never show fear in front of any dog, even a Chihuahua!

• Like 1

Generally speaking, large dogs are more confident, a lot less excitable or nervous than smaller dogs. They are less likely to snap or bite. Great Danes in particular are very gentle. I had more trouble with a tiny Maltese than with any of the 3 Danes we had. However, never show fear in front of any dog, even a Chihuahua!

Just as long as they don't bite I'm fine with them.

Cooper has such soft kind eyes!

I have a huge soft spot for Great Danes, they are quircky, funny, stubborn and very gentle; particularly with children ( of course under supervision when children are young). Females in particular tend to 'mother' children, they make excellent nannies!

Great Danes are "Great" looking dogs.

I have a soft spot for the wife.........it's right down the bottom of the garden next to an old tree.

Great Danes are "Great" looking dogs.

I have a soft spot for the wife.........it's right down the bottom of the garden next to an old tree.

Oh dear!

Great Dane: the world's tallest b****

Better?

Have any more luck than I did? Nope, didn't think so.