Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's top 10 most patriotic countries

Blackleaf

Countries with highest percentage of population who are proud of their nationalities.

1) United States - 77%

2) Republic of Ireland - 77%

3) Australia - 70%

4) Canada - 60%

5) Austria - 53%

6) United Kingdom - 53%

7) Norway - 48%

8) Finland - 44%

9) Sweden - 43%

10) Denmark - 42%

Sources - World Values Survey at www.nationmaster.com and the Scottish newspaper The Daily Record.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, five of the most patriotic countries are English-speaking countries, four are Anglo-Saxon countries, four are Scandinavian countries. No other European country, except Austria, is in the list.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Faeden

• wunarmdscissor

• AliceCoopersGirl

There are only 6 countries where the majority of the people are patriotic.

And, just for the record, how many Africans or Asians, or South Americans did this Scottish newspaper contact for this survey?

The UK is only patriotic during war against a large and threatening force. I believe that people here only feel patriotism for the state, not the government. This is unlike the USA, where the large majority seem to back the president...

I find it amusing that the scottish were not on that list.

I went to scotland to visit my mother....and some woman said ''The gates in england are still open, yes? GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM!''

I smiled and mentioned that my mother was half scottish...and there fore I was part scottish too.

The scottish are more patriotic than the UK. The UK look out for themselfs and themselfs only. I'm so ashamed of this country. The only place I've ever found to be home is Liverpool.

[Edit] STOP using offensive language Noods, i'm getting tired of removing it from you.

BurnSide

Edited by BurnSide

I'm a little surprised Scotland didn't get its own individual score too...especially given it was a Scottish paper that printed the results. A great many Scots are some of the most passionate nationalists you're ever likely to me...although, as Mr Ed said, our passion is very much for our country, and not the government...in fact, we tend to hate the government huh.gif

Woohoo! USA on top again! gunsmilie.gif

Edited by riotboy555

Isnt Scotland part of the UK, not it's own country. I would imagine the Scottish repsonses were included in the UK total. Surprising that Australia was third.

I find it amusing that the scottish were not on that list.

I went to scotland to visit my mother....and some woman said ''The gates in england are still open, yes? GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM!''

636754[/snapback]

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

(part scottish but yet to visit scotland. as a friend from europe puts it when visiting over here in soviet canukistan "you have yanks to the south of you, and we have wanks to the south of us!)

those statistics will change when I rule the world with My Sean Connery Clone Army!MUAHAHAHA! FRREEEEDDOOOMMM! devil.gif

joking

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!

Thanks to our sporting culture and great sporting rivalries with other countries we are a very patriotic lot, although its mainly centred around sport!

Isnt Scotland part of the UK, not it's own country. I would imagine the Scottish repsonses were included in the UK total.

It is part of the UK...but it is very much its own country, in much the same way that Canada is its own country, despite sharing a border with the united states. The fact that the united kingdom takes the form of a union does not in any way make the different components of it not individual countries. They just happen to share laws, currency, and a center of government.

AMERICA BABY!!! im sooo PATRIOTIC I LUVVVVVV THIS COUNTRY!!!!.. As i said in another thread.. its all about the football games when they fly over the stadium in F17's or what not.. and everyone goes crazy.. you get goosebumps its awsome!!

Yes Lucid, your right. It's becuase your Government is currently running a very succesful advertising campaign which includes big planes and football matches.

Whenever I think of what other nations think of the British, the following image pops into my head:

A big fat bald white man, wearing a Union Jack t-shirt and eating baked beans and sausages, whilst watching the Queen on television or something. With Tower Bridge in the background.

Argh.

Countries with highest percentage of population who are proud of their nationalities.

1)  United States - 77%

2)  Republic of Ireland - 77%

3)  Australia - 70%

4)  Canada - 60%

5)  Austria - 53%

6)  United Kingdom - 53%

7)  Norway - 48%

8)  Finland - 44%

9)  Sweden - 43%

10)  Denmark - 42%

Sources - World Values Survey at www.nationmaster.com and the Scottish newspaper The Daily Record.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, five of the most patriotic countries are English-speaking countries, four are Anglo-Saxon countries, four are Scandinavian countries.  No other European country, except Austria, is in the list.

636070[/snapback]

What is the thread about? proud of one's nationality? This is one of the most stupid surveys I've ever seen. Show me one who doesn't love their country....how do you measure that? what are the criteria? god, that's pathetic....

Whenever I think of what other nations think of the British, the following image pops into my head:

A big fat bald white man, wearing a Union Jack t-shirt and eating baked beans and sausages, whilst watching the Queen on television or something. With Tower Bridge in the background.

Argh.

637181[/snapback]

Hey, remember the other thread? wink2.gif

say no more ...

Im patriotic...or I would be if I was allowed...there is alot that England is not allowed to be patriotic...like flying the English(St Georges cross) flag...not allowed...celebrating St Georges day...not allowed and the reasons these things are not allowed is because we don't want to upset anyone...but...WHAT ABOUT US?We are allowed to be upset,just as long as everyone is ok?

Sorry...just am very patriotic for England...just not allowed to be.

Im patriotic...or I would be if I was allowed...there is alot that England is not allowed to be patriotic...like flying the English(St Georges cross) flag...not allowed...celebrating St Georges day...not allowed and the reasons these things are not allowed is because we don't want to upset anyone

637205[/snapback]

yeah, like in the reenactment of the battle of Trafalgar they're doing this summer the're not actually calling them Britain and France, they're gonna be 'Blue' and 'Red'! Cos we don't want to offend the French!

(n.b. no offence to any French people; but the French are proud of French achievements, there's still a lot of admiration for Napoleon, but we're always very coy about our achievements. mad.gif )

Edited by 747400

Im patriotic...or I would be if I was allowed...there is alot that England is not allowed to be patriotic...like flying the English(St Georges cross) flag...not allowed...celebrating St Georges day...not allowed and the reasons these things are not allowed is because we don't want to upset anyone

637205[/snapback]

yeah, like in the reenactment of the battle of Trafalgar they're doing this summer the're not actually calling them Britain and France, they're gonna be 'Blue' and 'Red'!

637208[/snapback]

You can fly the St George flag in your home if it makes you feel patriotic Alice....and celebrate it yourself. Can't understand why ANYONE has to be patriotic when in your borders. Do you need to fly the brittish flag in England? What's the point?

And about the battle of trafalgar. So what if they call em blue and red? Who gives a flying f...??? What are you gaining from watching such a bad-taste recreation? Unless they are changing the outcome....then it might be fun....