Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sasquatch sighting in Nunavik

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#31    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 14,745 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 08 October 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

An animal cannot simultaneously be so incredibly smart that nobody can reliably find it and also so fantastically stupid that so many people manage to allegedly capture substandard photos and/or video of them. You can't have the argument both ways.
Why not? Think of a super smart snow lepard. If they had human intellegence would we see them at all? Perhaps, perhaps not.

Most of the pictures out there are Known fakes. Most of the videos too. Most of the encounters are probably fakes too. Just as the Unicorn was probably derived from the Rhinoceros, but did not actually exist in Europe, yet it was reported seen all over Europe for centurys.

Why do sasquatches make no impact on their environment?  There is no irrefutable evidence of their feeding, breeding, dying, habitaton, or migration.  All other living creatures leave behind evidence that they are doing these things.
Population Density and mathmatical error.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#32    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 14,745 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 08 October 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

Its not stupidity that is at play here, at least as I see it.  Its the power of the human mind to respond to suggestive situations and interpret sensory information based on our hopes, fear, biases - etc...
I actually totally agee. I think this is the same phenomena that we see associated with aliens, ghosts, faeries, chupacabras and even angels. People see something briefly and fill in the missing data with what they want to be there.

I'm just not convinced this is the Exclusive reason people report seeing bigfoot.

Edited by DieChecker, 08 October 2012 - 05:05 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#33    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Hi Diechecker,

Actually in the article, the crptozoologist, Loren Coleman was concluding that sasquatch like any other omnivore might be feeding on caribou, like many other predators in that area.  With the harsh winters in Canada and the northern USA, it's pretty safe to assume that if sasquatch is real, the only way it could survive would to be an opportunistic omnivore.  Just like bears, it's feasible to think that they eat plant and animal matter when it's available. There is plenty of deer, elk, caribou and other animals in the boreal forested areas of North America.

Edited by Bionic Bigfoot, 08 October 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#34    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 08 October 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

Good Post Bionic Bigfoot. And welcome to these forums!

( I do think it is funny you took the name Bionic Bigfoot and use the Six Million Dollar Man version of Bigfoot for your avatar. As that particular bigfoot was an Android, not a cyborg (bionic), and... that you are saying old BF is a missing link.) (You do see the slight irony, right?

Again.... Welcome

Thank you by the way and yes, the Bionic Bigfoot was allegedly an android.  Life is full of ironies and strange happenstances. ;)

#35    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Nice avatar Bionic Bigfoot. Isn't that Andre the Giant when he appeared as bigfoot in the $6,000,000 man? Andre was lving proof of Bigfoot...

#36    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

That's why you should always wear small bells on your shoes, so the bigfoot knows you're in the area and you don't sneak up and scare them.  You can tell there are bigfoot in your area by their scat...it's it one with small bells in it. LOL

What could possibly go wrong?

#37    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 3,666 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 08 October 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

Hi Diechecker,

Actually in the article, the crptozoologist, Loren Coleman was concluding that sasquatch like any other omnivore might be feeding on caribou, like many other predators in that area.  With the harsh winters in Canada and the northern USA, it's pretty safe to assume that if sasquatch is real, the only way it could survive would to be an opportunistic omnivore.  Just like bears, it's feasible to think that they eat plant and animal matter when it's available. There is plenty of deer, elk, caribou and other animals in the boreal forested areas of North America.

Do you think bigfoot uses tools to catch the caribou?   It is usually reported that it is a big lumbering animal.

#38    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

In this day and age no one had a phone with a camera on it with them. I this this is a total hoax. Just foot again.

#39    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Enlightened

• 3,932 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Its an interesting article, as usual more questions than answers...

The article mentions photos uploaded to a Facebook page. Is there a link for this or have I missed it?

Click here to view Unexplained Mysteries 5 Millionth post by Helen of Annoy, while you're there lets see if we can give it 5 Million likes (sorry Biff).

#40    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostBling, on 07 October 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

I can't wait for some really good photographic proof. I think it should be law to alwayws have a camera with you if you live in these areas of the US!

Nunavik is in the extreme North of Quebec, Canada.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#41    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,037 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

I don't personally believe that sasquatch are all that solitary creatures, I believe, like many, that they live and work in small groups and families.  I also believe, like many others that they are well aware of others of their kind and in various ways.  That they are cognitive of their species and knowledge and experiences is passed down from generation to generation and can span great distances.

That sounds an awful lot like CULTURE.

The problem is that culture leaves behind evidence.

Of which there is none.

And about this "missing link" theory, can you elaborate on that? The link between what?

#42    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 10,362 posts

• Take 3 deep breaths

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 08 October 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Thank you by the way and yes, the Bionic Bigfoot was allegedly an android.  Life is full of ironies and strange happenstances. ;)
If memory serves the bionic bigfoot was found by aliens, nearly dead and then they rebuilt him much like Steve Austin, so not an android but a cyborg.

#43    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,565 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostBling, on 07 October 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

I can't wait for some really good photographic proof. I think it should be law to alwayws have a camera with you if you live in these areas of the US!

Uh, everyone pretty much does.

#44    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 08 October 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Nunavik is in the extreme North of Quebec, Canada.

Oopsy sorry!

#45    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,339 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

That sounds an awful lot like CULTURE.

The problem is that culture leaves behind evidence.

Of which there is none.

Well, going by my theory on what Sasquatches are (back on post 15 of this thread)... what evidence would we have not found?

Primitive stone tools. Check. Remains of fires. Check. Bones. Check. Sightings. Check. I spend a lot of time in the woods out here in British Columbia, a lot of it off trail prospecting and hiking. Almost every year I come across at least one falling apart 'bush' shelter that has been abandoned for some time. I've also found the old remains of a fire and mattress of boughs under an overhanging ledge, yet no signs of human "modern" garbage. etc. (I've also found plenty of camp remains from idiots who have left behind all sorts of garbage, etc) Heck, a friend I know found humans bones in the back country. The police were never able to identify the bones and/or link them to a missing hiker or murder victim (though i doubt anyone would hide a body a four day hike into the back country). All that being said, if my theory on Sasquatches are correct, the only way to actually verify it (sadly) would be to kill one or find one that had died within twenty-four to forty-eight hours (or before predators reached it).

Edited by Bavarian Raven, 08 October 2012 - 06:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users