Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Central issues of Election 2012

questionmark

Who­ever wins the pres­id­en­tial elec­tion in Novem­ber will con­front ur­gent prob­lems: Should tax cuts sched­uled to ex­pire be re­newed? Should fed­er­al spend­ing be cut to re­duce the de­fi­cit or would that weak­en an already lackluster eco­nomy? After one of the hot­test sum­mers on re­cord, has the time come for the U.S. to ad­opt policies to slow cli­mate change? Have sanc­tions against Ir­an im­peded its nuc­le­ar pro­gram, and if not, does that make a mil­it­ary strike ne­ces­sary? What to do about im­mig­ra­tion?

Read more

Strange, after listening to the Obama campaign and countless libs on forums, blogs, and social media for the past few weeks, I thought the key issues were Big Bird and birth control.

• Like 1

Tax cuts should expire. There is no empirical evidence that tax cuts stimulate the economy. In actuality, there is proof of the opposite.

Federal spending should be cut. Primarily (and boy the Conserves are going to hate me) in the defense arena. Close the bases in regions where there is no threat...i.e. Germany, Japan, Korea, etc...etc...etc. Bring the bul of the troops home and give them something stateside to do. Bridge repairs, disaster clean up....tons and tons of things to keep them busy and spend them dollars here at home. But also, time to cut the teet off to the corporate subsidies...no more. Stand or fall....that is simple.

Climate change? I am not convinced there is much we can do at this point. The data is always behind the actual circumstances and if we have already crossed a threshold....screw it...let it melt...let the water rise and let's fig out how to deal with it. Closing coal fired power plants and such is not going to save us at this point. All it does is give entitlement to the pukes to jack the rate up on kilowatt hours.

Iran is going to get a nuke unless we bomb them back to the stone age. It's that simple. If we are not ready (which I am not) to blow them off the face of the planet...they will get a nuke, sooner or later. The only way to stop it is to kill all of them. Are you ready for that? I don't think I am.

• Like 1

Tax cuts should expire. There is no empirical evidence that tax cuts stimulate the economy. In actuality, there is proof of the opposite.

They sure as hell stimulate MY economy.

Here's an idea, instead of me having to fork over a couple extra grand a year, how about all of those layabout b******* who don't pay any taxes at all pay "their fare share" to use a term that our dear President loves to use so much.

• Like 1