Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost by Gregory Maguire

Keel M.

I was browsing through Barnes & Noble two weeks ago when I noticed this book. I'm somewhat familiar with all of Maguire's other works, at least by title, so this one kinda stood out to me. For reference, Gregory Maguire wrote Wicked, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, Mirror Mirror and others. I grabbed a copy of the book and read the back of it and was instantly attracted. So I bought it. This is the write up on the back of the book:

Winifred Rudge, a bemused writer struggling to get beyond the runaway success of her mass-market astrology book, travels to London to jump-start her new novel about a woman who is being haunted by the ghost of Jack the Ripper. Upon her arrival, she finds that her stepcousin and old friend John Comestor has disappeared, and a ghostly presence seems to have taken over his home. Is the spirit Winnie's great-great-grandfather, who, family legend claims, was Charles Dickens' childhood inspiration for Ebenezer Scrooge? Could it be the ghostly remains of Jack the Ripper? Or a phantasm derived from a more arcane and insidious origin? Winnie begins to investigate and finds herself the unwilling audience for a drama of specters and shades - some from her family's peculiar history and some from her own unvanquished past.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keel M.

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days