Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama's $3.3 Trillion remedy

Pyridium

I just heard Sen. Boxer say that for every $1 given in unemployment benefits, the community turns that dollar over to generate economic growth.

I have a suggestion for Pres. Obama. Give every living human being in the U.S. $10,000 each. A one time stimulous to really jump start our economy.

• Like 2

This was suggested during the bail outs. Instead of foreclosing on homes,and kissing car company butt ,give the money for the car cos,to homeowners ,with the promise,they will all buy a new car with the money ,thereby saving the companies,their homes,and everyone has a new car .

They never do what's good for us,just what's good for THEM

• Like 2

Giving the money to the people specifically to buy a new car with would of done more for the economy than just the bail outs of the auto industry did. It would of saved gas in the long run because many would of bought cars with better gas mileage than their old clunkers would get.

• Like 1

I just heard Sen. Boxer say that for every $1 given in unemployment benefits, the community turns that dollar over to generate economic growth.

I have a suggestion for Pres. Obama. Give every living human being in the U.S. $10,000 each. A one time stimulous to really jump start our economy.

not sure if you said this with sarcasim or not but that 10k each would come from us the people in taxes....so takeing our money then giving it back stimulates the economy how?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

although not on that scale, that is what then-Prime Minister Kevin Rudd and Labor used to prevent Australia suffering a financial depression during the GFC, it worked gangbusters BTW, we here in Oz sailed throigh the GFC relatively unscathed.

not sure if you said this with sarcasim or not but that 10k each would come from us the people in taxes....so takeing our money then giving it back stimulates the economy how?

for every one person who takes the ten grand and leaves it in their bank account, there will be three people who spend it either on some big ticket item or on paying off looming bills - either of those options greases the economy and gets it moving again. Even leaving it in the bank will do that, as people who are flushed with cash, even if they're trying to save it, inevitably buy somthing out of the ordinary for them with a part of that cash.

for every one person who takes the ten grand and leaves it in their bank account, there will be three people who spend it either on some big ticket item or on paying off looming bills - either of those options greases the economy and gets it moving again. Even leaving it in the bank will do that, as people who are flushed with cash, even if they're trying to save it, inevitably buy somthing out of the ordinary for them with a part of that cash.

Yes this is all true. but i dont see the point of saying this? What i am saying is we all will spend our moeny or save it or whatever. But if the goverment gave everyone 10k they would have to get the 10k in taxes from the population. So if its takeing money people already had then how would it stimulate the econemy anymore then it would if they never took the money away in taxes.

Actually, if everyone paid off their household debt we'd slip into a deep recession. It's the debt, and the continuation of more of it, that's propping this fake economy up. The government and the people who elect it aren't interested in an honest and painful solution, they want to keep spiking the punchbowl for as long as possible and let someone else deal with it later, some very unfortunate taxpayers as it turns out.

Actually, if everyone paid off their household debt we'd slip into a deep recession. It's the debt, and the continuation of more of it, that's propping this fake economy up. The government and the people who elect it aren't interested in an honest and painful solution, they want to keep spiking the punchbowl for as long as possible and let someone else deal with it later, some very unfortunate taxpayers as it turns out.

well there you go, I learnt something today!

I didn't know that, I thought the debt was a throttle on personal spending, remove that personal spending would increase and thus stimulate the economy.

well there you go, I learnt something today!

I didn't know that, I thought the debt was a throttle on personal spending, remove that personal spending would increase and thus stimulate the economy.

We weren't talking about spending even more borrowed money, we were talking about paying for it. This shouldn't be difficult to understand...pay your debt off and see what else you can't afford to buy right now. Let's see the government pay off the national debt. They can't even talk about such a thing, and talk is cheap.

The current problem is debt. This requires a long term solution. Why would you want the government to take out a loan on your behalf and give you the money then tax you for it later when you could do it yourself and make your own decision? People generally spend their own money more wisely than somebody else's. At least with real loans there is some collateral to collect, or a credit rating to smash. In addition it would cause raging inflation. Way too much money chasing too few goods. Imagine the prices car dealers could charge if a thousand people showed up at their doors waving their 'free' $10K GOV handout? The dealership is not regulated to price fixing controls so they could charge almost anything. Same for home sellers. You do not want people spending a millon dollars for one-hundred thousand dollar homes..... this is how the free market works.

Also $10K multiplied by 325 million americans = around $3 Trillion...... just add it to the debt..... who cares... Let's Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by acidhead