Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Don't call it "Islamic"

RoofGardener

It appears that the Turkish Minister to the EU has made a speech criticising the use of terms like "Islamist Terrorist" or even "Islamic State".

"Using the terminology Islamic state or Islamic terrorism, I do not think is the correct thing to do, because then we are naming something in a wrong way and causing the rest of the Islamic world to feel bad,"

Full Speech

Well GOSH Volkan.... guess what.... Islamic Terrorism makes ME feel bad. Persuad them to stop mass-murder and Islamic Supremicism, and then .. and only then... I'll stop using the words.

Sheesh... one more sign of Turkey lurching towards an Islamic Republic, or what ?

• Like 1

It appears that the Turkish Minister to the EU has made a speech criticising the use of terms like "Islamist Terrorist" or even "Islamic State".

so how about we use different prefix's, like 'barbaric state' or 'a$$hole terrorist' instead?

both are accurate enough for me.....

I can kind of see this both ways. On the one hand why give barbaric murdering psychopaths the dignity of being considered religious in any way/shape/form. On the other hand these barbaric murdering psychopaths are indeed twisting and perverting the religion of Islam to suit their horrific needs. So, I'm not sure what's the best approach here?

• Like 1

Well sir imagine if there was an Israeli/Jewish terror group calling themselves 'Israeli State' murdering civilians left and right, would you not take iss... erm.. wait..

• Like 2

But hang about. Since IS is the one calling itself Islamic State, then what are we to call these thuggish, cowardly, wastes of humanity then?

• Like 1

Well, he's got a point surely. Isn't this essentially the same as equating all Jewish people with the Zionists who bulldoze Palestinians' homes whether or not people are still in them? Are they representative of all Jewish people? So why do people get all snidey and sarcastic when someone takes exception to people tarring all Muslims with the same brush? And don't say "if just one Muslim would say something critical of Islam", you know many have.

• Like 4

The fact this label is actively and passionately repeated by the msm seems indicative of a certain conditioning.. Guilt by association, engraning the 'Islam = terror' equation to the (gullible) masses. To people without any contextual knowledge (which is not a small number by any measure) the very term 'Islamic State' implies we are dealing with a bonafide, formal, legal, representative, 'Islamic' nation. While per very definition, it is clearly neither of the two (neither a state, nor Islamic). Now these people might fly the flag of Islam, they might call themselves 'Muslim', but the simple fact they are actively murdering innocent civilians as well as Muslims removes them from the Islamic category categorically.

Just because people claim to belong to a certain group or denomination, does not make it so. A person could revel in Satanic precepts while calling him/herself a Christian - murdering innocent civilians, cripples, Christians or not - by way of 'the strong shall survive' precept. Is this to be called a Christian? I really dont think so. Anyone can claim anything, but if their actions go directly against said claim, what is more important? The claim, or the actions.

Religious terrorism seems to be an on going problem in society that goes back for a long time. Whether you call it an Islamic State, Christian State or Jewish State the same problems seem to arise. Religion + state has never worked no matter what religion it is. Keep religion in its place in church or temple or home and out of politics.

• Like 1