Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Snowbird pilot dies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,307 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 04:13 AM

MOSSBANK, SASK. - Two Canadian Forces Snowbirds crashed in mid-air Friday morning while on a routine practice flight over southern Saskatchewan, killing one pilot and injuring a second.

Capt. Miles Selby, 31, died in the crash. He was a native of Tsawwassen, B.C., and a two-year veteran of the elite aerobatic team.

Read the Rest

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#2    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 December 2004 - 04:27 AM

This is such bad timing for an event like this. Sometimes I wish the news here in Canada was censored. Each time theres a crash involving a plane or a helicopter, my parents go "See! Planes crash too! And you wanted to be a pilot! Its suicide!"

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#3    Scorpius

Scorpius

Universal Researcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

• Harness the energies around you and you'll be able to do wondrous things.

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:24 AM

On "routine" practice flight.  You'd think they'd know where to fly if it's generally a routine.

Still, Tis' a sad news.

Posted Image
Avatar and Signature designed and animated by me.  
Do not speak for those who can speak, but speak for those who cannot.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."  - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955)

#4    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,307 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 01:30 PM

The manuver they were doing is vary dangurise, they were basicly playing Chicken but one was a tad bit higher and one a tad bit lower. Unfortinatly something happened and the clipped and the one Pilot died (Rest in peace) and the other ejected and is in Moose Jaw hosptical.

I hope the Snow Birds recover.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#5    girty1600

girty1600

MRS. FALCO

• 6,654 posts

• "Just because I don't care...... doesn't mean I don't understand!"

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(Stellar @ Dec 10 2004, 11:27 PM)
This is such bad timing for an event like this. Sometimes I wish the news here in Canada was censored. Each time theres a crash involving a plane or a helicopter, my parents go "See! Planes crash too! And you wanted to be a pilot! Its suicide!"

View Post

I know where you are coming from because I did go to school to be a pilot (I don't fly for a living) and my family is always on my case. Especially since 911.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users