Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Ancient Alien theory

ancient astronauts gravitics cipher robert a. patterson

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

#631    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,243 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 04 April 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

It looks like he`s having fun though badeskov`s albeit on a very elementary level,Ive seen better fabrication and electronic skills at out local  High School Robotic class,They actually went to Washington D.C. last year and finished second in the Whole Country ! Wow were still building great kids after all !
Checked for spellen too LoL! :tu: justDONTEATUS ITs getting time to come to Texas Badeskov !

It is indeed time to start packing up for a trip to Texas. I need to get a vacation planned and take a road trip towards your BBQ :tu:

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#632    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,505 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

View Postseeder, on 04 April 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

Not sure if you read my 'debunking' of this posters ideas a few pages back... But he hasnt responded since I did it, and maybe wont again as the idea appears more of a moneyspinner than a fact. I was intrigued how he made the connection between a necklace on a Japanese statue which was really secret code for the design of an  antigravity device....the 'plans' of which enabled him to build just an RC drone type model airplane

If you missed it it was post 578 here

http://www.unexplain...c=244935&st=578

Oh I saw your post, I was just curious as to what kind of train wreck explanation he would give. I find that if I know someone is BS'ing and they don't know I know, and they continue to keep up the pretense a fascinating thing to witness. A bit cruel perhaps but no more cruel than the BS to begin with.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#633    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,620 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 04 April 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Oh I saw your post, I was just curious as to what kind of train wreck explanation he would give. I find that if I know someone is BS'ing and they don't know I know, and they continue to keep up the pretense a fascinating thing to witness. A bit cruel perhaps but no more cruel than the BS to begin with.

hehe... I for one hope he does come back... but I wont rip into him again, I made myself clear enough first time round. It never ceases to amaze me what people come up with...I mean I have a vivid imagination like the rest of us, but Ive never imagined an ancient doll had something encoded in its necklace.  Why are all (or lots anyway) of these theories based on secret codes that only untrained observers can figure out?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#634    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,620 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 04 April 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Justin Bieber.
:clap: :w00t:

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#635    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,505 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

View Postseeder, on 04 April 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Why are all (or lots anyway) of these theories based on secret codes that only untrained observers can figure out?

People love mysteries. And what better way to sell one than to create one? The harder it is to verify the better. It's kind of like the antithesis to science. :tu:

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#636    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,355 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

View Postseeder, on 04 April 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

and he is absolutely right. It does seem absurd. It seems fantastical. Unbelievable!  But it doesn't take away from the fact that it is what it is. At least he wasnt blinded by his own theories and was willing to think other thoughts. All credit to him.

the theory of evolution does though...remains just that....a theory..

Yes..he seemed to be less sure of his theory, than the people who took it up and treated it as fact :)

edit to add: Plus, no matter what anyone chooses to think about the human race, created, evolved, whatever, the fact remains, each and every one of us has truly unlimited potential for the time we are here, and can be capable of achieving and creating so many wondrous things. Its a life for living, exploring having fun, having relationships... no matter the big questions in life, the focus should be on just living it, and pausing only to wonder just how much better we can all be

nice edit....and nicely said...

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 04 April 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Justin Bieber.

:no: :no: :no:

Edited by bee, 04 April 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#637    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,620 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Anyways, the AA discussion may have lost some impetus, but we can always talk about the FA theory! Future Aliens!   I totally imagine in the future, we will indeed have our much desired knowledge of aliens. Will they come here or will our probes find them? But what can we expect from them if they do come? We wont need help building stuff thats for sure. Will they come and kick our ass or will they be benevolent?  Teach us new and wondrous things or have us under some form of control?

I think, based on a few sources Ive read, any aliens coming will be predatory. Thats not to say they will come out all guns blazing, but that its within them to do so if needed. All we then need is some trigger happy army trying to blow them out the skies and we are in the poop. Big time.  As we built better and faster planes...for war purposes, and as war has given birth to so much of our modern tech, perhaps they went through it all too?

#638    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,243 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

View Postbee, on 04 April 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

jeeeezus...you guys can't stop talking about zoser...do you all have a man-crush on him, or something.... :unsure2:

:P

You were the one bringing him up and defending him - I was merely going through posts and replying sequentially this morning. So don't blame me :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#639    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

View Postbee, on 04 April 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

jeeeezus...you guys can't stop talking about zoser...do you all have a man-crush on him, or something.... :unsure2:

:P

He reminded me of the followers of Chariots of the Gods back in the 70's and early 80's. He demonstrated all the techniques of a person who could not accept any facts that contracted their belief. He proposed theories yet backed away from them once he couldn't support them, then after changing the subject a few times he returned to them after he had forgotten that they were unsupportable, falsely claiming he had already proved them.

And yes folks, I still have a chunk of granite and an expensive storage oscilloscope in our lab, and I'm ready to tell you all about its piezoelectric properties as soon as Zoser can tell me what to do to generate any voltage from it. When I see it generating even the slightest voltage,  I'll gladly admit that Zoser's theory of pyramids generating electricity is plausible.

Unfortunately initial tests have shown that granite is a powerful insulator so obviously I'm missing a step on how to conduct the electricity out of the material. My guess is that cutting a thin slice of granite would help, but that would tend to invalidate the pyramid theory since they're made of heavy blocks of granite.

#640    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,505 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postseeder, on 04 April 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

Anyways, the AA discussion may have lost some impetus, but we can always talk about the FA theory! Future Aliens!   I totally imagine in the future, we will indeed have our much desired knowledge of aliens. Will they come here or will our probes find them? But what can we expect from them if they do come? We wont need help building stuff thats for sure. Will they come and kick our ass or will they be benevolent?  Teach us new and wondrous things or have us under some form of control?

I think, based on a few sources Ive read, any aliens coming will be predatory. Thats not to say they will come out all guns blazing, but that its within them to do so if needed. All we then need is some trigger happy army trying to blow them out the skies and we are in the poop. Big time.  As we built better and faster planes...for war purposes, and as war has given birth to so much of our modern tech, perhaps they went through it all too?

As a rule predators are usually smarter than prey. Like a wolf to a sheep. It is very likely that an intelligent alien race would be predatory or at least descended from a predator. Intelligence can curb predatory behavior but I think morals would be a much better deterrent. Who would want to meet a smart, predatory alien with no morals? Even Arnold Schwarzenegger didn't survive his confrontation with one! ^_^

Seriously though, I think intelligent aliens would be no strangers to the 'devour to survive' credo of life in the universe. Hopefully that would be tempered with something a little more civil minded.

#641    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 04 April 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

I must say Kludge, that had me laughing til my side hurt! :lol:
Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it but I do apologize for any pain endured in the process.  On the positive side, I see you at least didn't spray the monitor & keyboard with coffee, tea, Pepsi, schnapps, or any of the myriad other possible liquid refreshments. :yes:

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#642    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,355 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 04 April 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

You were the one bringing him up and defending him - I was merely going through posts and replying sequentially this morning. So don't blame me :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

I was responding to a direct question from Colonel Rhubarb..... :D

#643    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postscowl, on 04 April 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

He reminded me of the followers of Chariots of the Gods back in the 70's and early 80's. He demonstrated all the techniques of a person who could not accept any facts that contracted their belief. He proposed theories yet backed away from them once he couldn't support them, then after changing the subject a few times he returned to them after he had forgotten that they were unsupportable, falsely claiming he had already proved them.

And yes folks, I still have a chunk of granite and an expensive storage oscilloscope in our lab, and I'm ready to tell you all about its piezoelectric properties as soon as Zoser can tell me what to do to generate any voltage from it. When I see it generating even the slightest voltage,  I'll gladly admit that Zoser's theory of pyramids generating electricity is plausible.

Unfortunately initial tests have shown that granite is a powerful insulator so obviously I'm missing a step on how to conduct the electricity out of the material. My guess is that cutting a thin slice of granite would help, but that would tend to invalidate the pyramid theory since they're made of heavy blocks of granite.

Darn it! And I was hoping to build a couple of granite oscillators for my modular synth. <_<

#644    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,542 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

View Postseeder, on 04 April 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

But what can we expect from them if they do come? We wont need help building stuff thats for sure. Will they come and kick our ass or will they be benevolent? Teach us new and wondrous things or have us under some form of control?

I think, based on a few sources Ive read, any aliens coming will be predatory. Thats not to say they will come out all guns blazing, but that its within them to do so if needed. All we then need is some trigger happy army trying to blow them out the skies and we are in the poop. Big time. As we built better and faster planes...for war purposes, and as war has given birth to so much of our modern tech, perhaps they went through it all too?
I firmly believe in the scientific exploration hypothesis; I do think that all this talk about alien starfleets coming to invade us and all that is just projecting human ways of thinking, and it's interesting that people often say that extraterrestrial Intelligence might be so different from us that we might hardly recognise and yet also seem to quite enthusiastically put forward the idea of invasion and so on.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#645    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 04 April 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

It is indeed time to start packing up for a trip to Texas. I need to get a vacation planned and take a road trip towards your BBQ :tu:

Cheers,
Badeskov
At least they don't have goats there ... or many of them. (He says, remembering a certain other gathering <_< ;) )

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users