Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

living in virtual reality

disturbed_bassist

do u thing that one day perhaps 100 or 200 years from now that humans will be working and shopping in VR? and if so will VR supercede the "real world".

i guess it sounds like stuff from the matrix but what do u people think?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• disturbed_bassist

• MoonFox

• HumberWitch

• Dark Fire

Top Posters In This Topic

Shop in VR in 100 years? I do it all the time now. I don't drive or have access to a car, so it's the ideal way to get things delivered as most companies in the UK don't charge for delivery if you buy on line.

As for "work" .....ewwwwwww, don't swear! wink2.gif

sorry i didnt say shop 'online', i meant in VR. a virtual supermarket as such in 3d!

some show i was watching had a scientist on it that believes a virtual 3d world will supercede the real world, in other words hes saying humans will live in a software environment and never need or want to leave. similar to a matrix style existence, (this show came out years before the matrix by the way)

just wanted to know anyones opinion on this.

Wow hmmm... It's kinda a scary thought. But I don't doubt it will happen. I mean we are already starting to live in a world where it's becoming unecessary to leave the house. You can do your shopping online, and work from home. The only thing you can't do at your computer is *physically* interact with people.

Eventually desktop computers will start going obsolete, and be relaced with head-sets where we are in a virtual world. There we will see everyone else as 3D physical 'characters' of themselves. Rather than just being able to type in chat rooms, you will be able to interact and talk with others on the internet as though you were hanging out together in real life.

It'd be quite interesting to have virtual worlds like this. For people who don't get to travel, you can click a button and virtually vacation in Japan or Ireland. Even other planets! And the future can possibly provide software for everyone to create their own fantasy worlds for others to visit and it'd feel like you were really there!

VIDEO GAMES would be AWESOME in a VR world! instead of controlling a character on the TV, YOU'D be the character! And since it's a VR world you can't really get hurt or die so anything would be possible!

Wow I think I'm starting to really like this idea.......!!!

Well I wouldn't want to never be able to leave the house again, I want to have real interactions with real people and places. And of course food and stuff. But yea being able to have access to a virtual world would be so awesome!!!

i know it sounds totally crazy but its seems that we are heading in that direction. could be scary.

Do you guys think it will be like the Matrix sort of? cool.gif