Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I found the secret to spoon-bending!

Ashyne

in the matrix: reloaded, a boy says to Neo: look at ur reflection in the spoon. the spoon does not bend. it is you who bends.

the message has a hidden meaning to it

but when u see ur reflection in the spoon and think that the spoon is a part of your body

then when u try to bend it, its as easy as bending ur finger with ur mind

this is how it works:

hold the spoon in ur hand between thumb and index finger and close your eyes

imagine the spoon made up of the same material as your hand, flesh, bones and skin plus blood

and imagine the spoon slowly bending, using the exact thought processes that you use to move ur hand

and then those thought processes will MOVE THE spoon INSTEAD OF UR HAND!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual Particle

• Silentom

• ShaunZero

• Ness of Psionix

Il give it a go no reason why it wouldnt work. Anything is possible

Tried.... dont know why I did, but I tried, and it hasnt worked. Did it work for the OP??

I almost took a class on fork bending once.

I do think this can be done but I have not studied how.

John

Tried.... dont know why I did, but I tried, and it hasnt worked. Did it work for the OP??

your not gonna be successful on ur first attempt or even your first dozen attempts unless ur extremely lucky. this takes determination, effort, and alot of interest in the subject, with a success rate of less than 1%. good luck :tu:

your not gonna be successful on ur first attempt or even your first dozen attempts unless ur extremely lucky. this takes determination, effort, and alot of interest in the subject, with a success rate of less than 1%. good luck :tu:

With a success rate of less than 1%. That just killed it for me...

in the matrix: reloaded, a boy says to Neo: look at ur reflection in the spoon. the spoon does not bend. it is you who bends.

the message has a hidden meaning to it

but when u see ur reflection in the spoon and think that the spoon is a part of your body

then when u try to bend it, its as easy as bending ur finger with ur mind

this is how it works:

hold the spoon in ur hand between thumb and index finger and close your eyes

imagine the spoon made up of the same material as your hand, flesh, bones and skin plus blood

and imagine the spoon slowly bending, using the exact thought processes that you use to move ur hand

and then those thought processes will MOVE THE spoon INSTEAD OF UR HAND!

In degrees, how much could you bend the spoon?

How exactly have you worked out it has a success rate of 1%? Did you try it 100 times and it worked once, or did you get 100 people to keep trying and only 1 could do it?

As has been said, how much could you bend the spoon? Which part of the spoon are you holding? If you’re holding it at the neck between the handle and bowl your thumb and forefinger will heat the metal and sometimes, if they’re in the right place, apply just the right amount of pressure for the bowl to droop over. I’ve done it myself before; there’s nothing metaphysical about it, it’s just hot metal.

How exactly have you worked out it has a success rate of 1%? Did you try it 100 times and it worked once, or did you get 100 people to keep trying and only 1 could do it?

As has been said, how much could you bend the spoon? Which part of the spoon are you holding? If you’re holding it at the neck between the handle and bowl your thumb and forefinger will heat the metal and sometimes, if they’re in the right place, apply just the right amount of pressure for the bowl to droop over. I’ve done it myself before; there’s nothing metaphysical about it, it’s just hot metal.

just a wild guess i dont know the success rate LOL but yes its at the joint between bowl and handle, put ur thumb and index finger there.

Why hasn't anyone ever filmed anything like this yet? Almost everything that is REAL has been on video... exept this... I wonder why...

Isn't that better than not having one at all? Just makes you look even LESS credible.

We could at least get someone to anylize the video to see if it's faked or not.

Edited by Zero of Deism

You've actually managed to do this Ashiene???

Edited by 420_toker

Well in that case, give us a video, and I'll believe you. It's not too easy to take a video and make a spoon appear to be bent.

A good indicator that you are lying is if you make an excuse not to show me a video. I'm not a cynic, I'm a skeptic. I'll evaluate your video, and if it appears to be real to me, I'll consider you a spoon bender untill someone proves the video fake!

Edited by Zero of Deism

I honestly think "I found the Secret to Spoon-Bending!" is still just that - a secret - a loooong lost secret, that continues to be loooooooong on stories and lost to be real.

J - :ph34r:

heh, you guys crack me up sometimes :P

I think, whether Ash has actually done it herself or not, that the idea is very plausible. That's not to say that I have ever done it or even could (just to clarify), but IMO, with enough concentration, determination and sheer will, just about anything is possible.

hmm...is that that new thing they call "sarcasm," ghostboy 83? :rolleyes: Maybe I should have been more specific - I think just about anything is possible - within reason.

I think, whether Ash has actually done it herself or not, that the idea is very plausible.

Your brain controls your bodily functions, how in the world would it go beyond the body?

Plausible? It's an absolutely insane thought. :blink:

Maybe I should have been more specific - I think just about anything is possible - within reason.

But there is no reason involved with an idea as absurd as bending a spoon just by imagining it. It's as reasonable as saying you can turn water into ice using sheer will power. :unsure:

I don't mean to single you out, you just seem to be one of the few with a mind so opened an idea like this seems worth a thought.

If this was THE secret, everyone would be bending everything right now.

Sorry, this is only a method. :tu: