Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I am an orb hunter, this was taken in.....

Wiccy

Hiya folks

I am an orb hunter lol, trying to find the truth, as to what they are and what shape

and what pattern or colour actually defines an orb? The clip i have attached was

taken in my bedroom of all places over christmas last year would be great to hear

your thoughts thanks folks xxx

I appologise if i have posted this in the wrong place!

[media=]

[/media]

I really don't know. Looks like it might be a moth or some other bug.

• Like 1

If you look at frames 48 through 54 or thereabouts you clearly see insect wings. So judging from the haphazard and erratic movements, it looks like bugs.

• Like 3

lol i can hear where your coming from because i have this discussion with me best mate

every week lol but i am thorough in my cleaning lol and always check around for bugs

moths or whatever before i get into bed as i always have a fear of swallowing said bugs

lol, so i for one know there arent any in there as windows and doors are closed and whilst

i was filming the video i wasnt actually looking at the screen but at the area in my room,

and can swear on my bailey boy's life that i could see no buts or moths lol oh bailey boy

is my shih tzu and he is my world xxxx

Bugs are tiny and fast under the best of circumstances, so how can you be sure you've rid yourself of all of them unless you spray your entire house every single night?

• Like 2

orbs ive taken numbers of photos useinga flash into the night sky and i enhance them to see the orbs which look like balls of colourd pixels and even in the clear night sky and one pictures has a strange mist around it that wasent there in the sky at night and another has an orb that was moveing as it has a long streak like it was on the move and another just had what looked like some mystery red rays or energy and aniother had a number of big ones in it but most are just balls of unusual coulors one liked like at first an alien but then after a while you cannot notice it it reminds me of a picture i seen of a bunch of footabll players and it says on it if you look at it long enought you will see a f18 tom cat in it so if you get what i mean maybe its one of those things

• Like 1

Looks like dust or bugs to me. Nothing particularly spectacular.

And (no offense to anyone intended) I wish people wouldn't be so utterly insistent about how their experiences or videos or photos are positively, absolutely NOT the most obvious thing, because there are no cats within miles of where they live (example from another thread), their house is entirely devoid of insects and dust, etc.

Because to me, it sounds like you've already decided it is something paranormal and therefore have ruled out any possible ordinary explanations for what just likes dust or bugs. Even the most fastidiously clean person in the world has insects in their house. Thousands of them. Did you know there are an estimated 100 million or more insects in the world for every person?

• Like 2

Q. 1 How do you become an orb hunter?

Q. 2 When you do your next video, would you do me a huge favour? Pan around and show us what is happening

where the 'orbs' are coming from, OK? I think you know exactly why I ask that...

Coz I reckon a good 'orb hunter' would have panned around to show everything that was happening over to the right,

that being where all the stuff was coming from...

I await your next video with great interest. This one? not so much..

Edited by Chrlzs
  • Like 1

I really don't know. Looks like it might be a moth or some other bug.

That was no insect,... that was someone blowing dust in front of the camera.

• Like 2

They just look like dust or bugs or probably both.

The ORB that flew past at 0.28 did resemble Elvis a little so i guess you never know could be you got photo of the King. :)

Edited by david_36
  • Like 2

Rather than orb hunting (whatever that might be), you could try some research.

"Orbs" - as they have become known in paranormaldom - are nothing more than image artefacts, particulates illuminated by the camera; this has been demonstrated and proven again and again by empirical research and analysis since the 1990s. The Believers' argument relies on blind faith, not evidence.

Edited by Oppono Astos
  • Like 1

well i havent been orb hunting for very long surely that was plain to see, i have been studying for quite some time

before taking the plunge into filming, i know you cant kill every bug in the damn house did i say that anywhere?

i just said that i had removed the ones that i saw............................also think some of you forgot the rules on here too

well i wont be posting anymore thats for sure

.also think some of you forgot the rules on here too

What rules would that be exactly?

i know you cant kill every bug in the damn house did i say that anywhere?

i just said that i had removed the ones that i saw............................

Well, you did say this about possible bugs in the room you were filming in:
i for one know there arent any in there

Which is pretty much a statement of absolute fact that there was no insects in the room.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

:no: Oh man...

well i havent been orb hunting for very long surely that was plain to see

Yes, it was.

i have been studying for quite some time before taking the plunge into filming

Studying what? How did you apply those studies to this footage, which shows a HUGE number of 'orbs'?

i know you cant kill every bug in the damn house did i say that anywhere?

Here, you said:

..i am thorough in my cleaning..

..always check around for bugs and whatever before i get into bed as i always have a fear of swallowing said bugs..

..i for one know there arent any in there as windows and doors are closed..

I think that pretty much covers it... Given those comments I invite anyone to review the video and tell me if that is a thoroughly clean room with no bugs ... and nothing being deliberately introduced from the right..

Wiccy could prove me wrong quite easily by re-doing the video and panning around properly, but instead of offering anything to back up the claims ... it's run away time..

i just said that i had removed the ones that i saw

Not according to the quote I just gave.

..also think some of you forgot the rules on here too..

Be specific, and quote what it is that upset you so deeply.. And wouldn't it be better to report the issue to the moderators rather than handwave on the thread?

well i wont be posting anymore thats for sure

Your choice - but it seems you could have defended your claim quite easily, if it was defensible.

to you people who laugh at the thought of orbs, energy does display itself in the shape of an orb, if a energy source is emmiting from a central point to all directions at an equal distance, that of course creates a orb shape. im not saying this person caught an actual orb though as to me the way all the particles seem to float with the movment of air it looks like dust. there are a few that seem to move differently and more noticable, but with the ammont of dust going on its almost immposible to say there is anything more than dust here, not to sound offensive we all get dust. but if you want to make films and think theres really something going on that needs documenting in your room i would dust first really well, vaccum, laundry, everything even the fan blades. then wait a day for everything to settle and try again.

i myself along with others at the same time has seen real "orbs" of light in person, on a couple occasions at the same time. so there is something to be said about it. no that doesnt mean every orb shape caught on camera is a genuine "orb" due to cameras unfortunate ways of making benign objects appear like orbs too. but it does not dismiss the fact there are real energy sources that appear in the orb shape.

that being said anyone here that is immature as to laugh off the subject of orbs needs to examine their own quality of knowledge on the subject...

Edited by girlgodx

i m believe orbs are real .. but this video only shows dust ! just like my baby camera to watch my kids at night . i see them also , moving just like that ... ( i seen orbs with my naked eyes, and they dont move like that ! )

orbs appears and dissapears . real orbs arent moving at all ! tahts my experience !

Edited by WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

to you people who laugh at the thought of orbs

To be fair, it's *this* particular example that attracted mirth, and I think the reasons for that are rather self-explanatory.. And in fact the vast majority of 'orbs' presented here are *very* obviously caused by very well-known and very well-understood optical issues - namely items that are near to the lens and therefore thrown out of focus.. I''d be delighted to see some that aren't - see below..

energy does display itself in the shape of an orb, if a energy source is emmiting from a central point to all directions at an equal distance

And how many day-to-day examples of that type of energy phenomena, can you point to? Ball lightning/plasma perhaps - these are INCREDIBLY rare and it was pretty clear from the OP video that these 'orbs' were not emitting any light of their own.

More importantly, the type of 'orb' I am referring to, namely that which is caused by nearby objects (dust, bugs, the innards of a pillow......) being out of focus, is INCREDIBLY commonplace. So which is more likely in this case, especially given a videographer that was so obviously shy about pointing in the direction of the source of the 'orbs'?

im not saying this person caught an actual orb though as to me the way all the particles seem to float with the movment of air it looks like dust.

I'm glad you agree.

no that doesnt mean every orb shape caught on camera is a genuine "orb" due to cameras unfortunate ways of making benign objects appear like orbs too.

I just don't get that statement. "Unfortunate"??? Why is it unfortunate? Photographers like me love being able to throw stuff out of focus - that's why we seek out cameras with larger sensors - they do it better - and there's a branch of science that studies it... It's what cameras DO.

What *is* unfortunate is that people unfamiliar with very basic optical effects go wandering around the Interwebz and instead of actually researching the effect, they get preyed upon by (or just deliberately seek out) orb believers who then convince them that their out of focus dust motes or bugs (or pillow guts) are something special.

I'm quite happy to entertain the idea of 'energy orbs' - so if anyone can show me an image of one that isn't very obviously an out of focus dust mote, PLEASE do! And I'm happy to explain how you can spot the optical ones, what they normally look like, under what conditions they are most likely and with what type of cameras/camera settings you are most likely to capture them..

that being said anyone here that is immature as to laugh off the subject of orbs needs to examine their own quality of knowledge on the subject...

I think a little laughter is quite healthy.. but call me immature if you like - anyway, how about providing some evidence of the 'real' ones?

Edited by Chrlzs
  • Like 1

Orb hunter.

Must.......resist.....the temptation......of the......multitude.....of......obvious......jokes......

to you people who laugh at the thought of orbs, energy does display itself in the shape of an orb, if a energy source is emmiting from a central point to all directions at an equal distance, that of course creates a orb shape. im not saying this person caught an actual orb though as to me the way all the particles seem to float with the movment of air it looks like dust. there are a few that seem to move differently and more noticable, but with the ammont of dust going on its almost immposible to say there is anything more than dust here, not to sound offensive we all get dust. but if you want to make films and think theres really something going on that needs documenting in your room i would dust first really well, vaccum, laundry, everything even the fan blades. then wait a day for everything to settle and try again.

i myself along with others at the same time has seen real "orbs" of light in person, on a couple occasions at the same time. so there is something to be said about it. no that doesnt mean every orb shape caught on camera is a genuine "orb" due to cameras unfortunate ways of making benign objects appear like orbs too. but it does not dismiss the fact there are real energy sources that appear in the orb shape.

Wrong again... As I have repeatedly stated in various orb threads, over the last 30+ years I have sporadically seen what I have perceived to be small self-illuminated balls of light (deliberately avoiding referring to orbs...), invariably either red or blue in color, and between 1cm to 5cm in size. I have seen these while conducting night photography research during which I have been capturing the mundane particulates orbs illuminated by the camera.

In contrast to the camera-illuminated particulate orbs which are obviously visible to the eye during the time of camera exposure/flash, not once have I been able to capture one of these apparently self-illuminated balls of light on camera - either film or digital media. As a researcher that raises a significant alarm, as it does make me question whether these balls of light actually exist in front of my eyes at all, or whether they are some sort of artefact like phosphenes, or indeed some defect, in either the eye or the optic nerve.

So yes I have regularly perceived something strange, but even after all this time my personal jury is still out on what exactly these things are, but the lack of corroborating evidence by recording means does suggest that they are an artefact in the eye/optic nerve.

Wrong again... As I have repeatedly stated in various orb threads, over the last 30+ years I have sporadically seen what I have perceived to be small self-illuminated balls of light (deliberately avoiding referring to orbs...), invariably either red or blue in color, and between 1cm to 5cm in size. I have seen these while conducting night photography research during which I have been capturing the mundane particulates orbs illuminated by the camera.

In contrast to the camera-illuminated particulate orbs which are obviously visible to the eye during the time of camera exposure/flash, not once have I been able to capture one of these apparently self-illuminated balls of light on camera - either film or digital media. As a researcher that raises a significant alarm, as it does make me question whether these balls of light actually exist in front of my eyes at all, or whether they are some sort of artefact like phosphenes, or indeed some defect, in either the eye or the optic nerve.

So yes I have regularly perceived something strange, but even after all this time my personal jury is still out on what exactly these things are, but the lack of corroborating evidence by recording means does suggest that they are an artefact in the eye/optic nerve.

That's interesting, OA - may I, not entirely in humour, suggest that you need to take a friend with you on your outings! Do you only see these things during these sessions, ever at other times, eg lying in bed in the dark, or in daytime? Do you have any blood pressure issues, and have you asked a Dr/GP or better yet, ophthalmologist?