Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Confiscate, Confiscate, Confiscate

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#16    Low Mage

Low Mage

Low magic practitioner

• 3,606 posts

• Who has it all has nothing

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

America is a federal government.

Most of us here support democracy which includes dialogue and voting to settle differences, not war.

The more revolution is discussed in certain quarters the more others who would have been sympathetic to their concerns  will turn from them.

The public wants gun reform. Those who claim we do not and the media is lying are dabbling in conspiracy theory.

Those who claim the public who wants gun reform are being lied to, well no, we understand, and again the narrative of a public being fooled is also conspiracy theory.

Most won't take conspiracy theory seriously.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 11 May 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#17    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 11 May 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

America is a federal government.

Most of us here support democracy which includes dialogue and voting to settle differences, not war.

That is where you are wrong, dead wrong mister. America is an Republic regardless what politicians or feds say, we will always be a republic. You think guns is all about war, you are sorely mistaken and ill-informed about arms. Wise-up some more before you go spouting off dribble like this.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#18    Low Mage

Low Mage

Low magic practitioner

• 3,606 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

The conspiracy theorists who believe only they know about guns and the rest of us are misinformed are not going to present a winning argument.

The public will decide this issue.

That is what democracy is.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 11 May 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#19    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,208 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

How about we confiscate confiscate confiscate all their wealth and redistribute that too .
Never thought any president could be a bigger douche than Bush Jr. My bad .
I'm wondering now,dare I say it,Romney would have been less offensive than this.

All dragons know that story.
What was to be their hope became their doom; a spoiled ungrateful child was given a great gift and destroyed it!

#20    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

POPULAR

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 11 May 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

The conspiracy theorists who believe only they know about guns and the rest of us are misinformed are not going to present a winning argument.

Majority rule eh? Okay let's put it this way. Majority decided to kick all African Americans out of U.S. as a metaphor, the tally came up 51 - 49 with majority in favor of deporting all African Americans regardless if they were born here or not. Now you are faced with a situation where mob rule is taking over and causing a unjust and unfair decision to be forces on the other half of the nation. That is what you are rooting for... it is happening right now, with our 2nd amendment being thrown onto the table and being ripped to shreds by ill-informed voters much like yourself who thinks his opinion weighs more than others and his ideals should be thrust upon others of this great nation. That my good sir is infringing upon someone's freedom and free-will. This is exactly the opposite of what America stands for...

Edited by Uncle Sam, 11 May 2013 - 06:36 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#21    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,085 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 11 May 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

How about we confiscate confiscate confiscate all their wealth and redistribute that too .
Never thought any president could be a bigger douche than Bush Jr. My bad .
I'm wondering now,dare I say it,Romney would have been less offensive than this.
I think we would of been screwed  no matter who was elected just in a different way.  That's why you had better keep a balance between the democrats and republicans so they don't get anything done.  The less they do the better off we are.

#22    Low Mage

Low Mage

Low magic practitioner

• 3,606 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 11 May 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Majority rule eh? Okay let's put it this way. Majority decided to kick all African Americans out of U.S. as a metaphor, the tally came up 51 - 49 with majority in favor of deporting all African Americans regardless if they were born here or not. Now you are faced with a situation where mob rule is taking over and causing a unjust and unfair decision to be forces on the other half of the nation. That is what you are rooting for... it is happening right now, with our 2nd amendment being thrown onto the table and being ripped to shreds by ill-informed voters much like yourself who thinks his opinion weighs more than others and his ideals should be thrust upon others of this great nation. That my good sir is infringing upon someone's freedom and free-will. This is exactly the opposite of what America stands for...

The rule of law also includes three branches. The judiciary has the final say on how to interpet our constitution. Not a bunch of guys with guns.

The majority want gun reform and the courts will likely be involved in the final decision.

The more some talk about wanting a war here, the more they do so with their guns, the majority will be further turned off from that.

No one is going to have their guns confiscated over the decisions of lower level politicians.

Those who speak of war against us and do any kind of solid action might have their guns confiscated. The rest of us will enjoy ours.

General advice is to turn it a notch down with the war stuff but no one has to take such advice. There are consequences for breaking our laws. Our law enforcement and judiciary are in charge of that.

Those who believe our government is breaking the law and their gun buddies are in charge of fixing it are off into conspiracy theory land. We won't be visiting them there but might hear about them on the news if they do something counter to law and order.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 11 May 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#23    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,386 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

The public has already voted.  They voted with their wallets. They are being ammo faster than it be made.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#24    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,386 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 11 May 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

That is where you are wrong, dead wrong mister. America is an Republic regardless what politicians or feds say, we will always be a republic. You think guns is all about war, you are sorely mistaken and ill-informed about arms. Wise-up some more before you go spouting off dribble like this.

The dems want to make it a dictatorship.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#25    Low Mage

Low Mage

Low magic practitioner

• 3,606 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

I don't share your pessimism Daniel. My vote counts. In fact I am at my polling station now about to vote.

#26    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,386 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 11 May 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

I don't share your pessimism Daniel. My vote counts. In fact I am at my polling station now about to vote.

I didn't say your vote didn't count but before you vote. Consider who will be left with guns if you vote them down.  I personally do not own a gun and never will.  But, thugs don't care about laws.

#27    Low Mage

Low Mage

Low magic practitioner

• 3,606 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Guns were not on the ballot today. Back home now, all done, have to love living in the city with some thing so close and all.

I have owned enough firearms, bought my first one in the pre-ban Clinton-era, bought things that eventually were banned.

I know gun safety, been to the range, live in an area with decreasing gang violence, have seen it get worse, now better, have seen others gather around a victim of gun violence and saw with my own eyes the effects of it, live three houses down where someone was taken just last year, down the block three teens were gunned down last year too, and there is more throughout my many years, so if guns were on the ballot I would make an informed decision.

Just because it is not the decision gun nuts agree with they will claim my opinion is "ill-informed". Well they can think what they like now. So many stereotypes but their reality is not like ours, we have faced gun violence in the city, we base our decision on our experience and what we think is right just as much as you, so some of us will agree when it is time for reform, you don't have to but that is why we have a democracy which I believe in.

View Postdanielost, on 11 May 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

I personally do not own a gun and never will.  But, thugs don't care about laws.

Well this is where we are different. Do you even live in an area with gangs as a problem? Those who do will not buy your alarmist argument.

I have seen my neighborhood improve so much. The things that decrease gangs are not more guns in the hands of citizens, it is things like better schools, better jobs, better parenting, and our city improving our area. They have, which is why I voted for our mayor again and a new city council person. These people make the difference, not guys online complaining.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 11 May 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#28    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

There has been a great deal of discussion in the United States about the Constitution — despite the fact that it was promulgated over two centuries ago — and whether it is relevant to contemporary America. I’d like to remark briefly on this.
The founders of the United States were not merely technicians setting up an administrative framework and a set of rules. They had pondered long and hard over the lessons of long-term history as to why republics had always seemed to fail and how governments had tended over time to become tyrannical.

http://rubinreports....atters-its.html

The Constitution was ratified by 1790 after the Articles of Confederation were scrapped.
In 1848, the liberal progressive’s Bible — Karl Marx’s “The Communist Manifesto” — was published. So age is of little importance.
Some of the founders participated in the English institution of slavery, others did not. Business success favored a few and eluded others. Religion was important to and guided many of them. One thing they did agree about is that a big central government was tyrannical at best.
The dream of man ruling himself was set forth on parchment.

http://www.blufftont...nt#.UY61iHaUy8Z

Edited by Sky Scanner, 11 May 2013 - 09:41 PM.
Added links from which the text was taken. Plus shortened text.

#29    Low Mage

Low Mage

Low magic practitioner

• 3,606 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Most of us in the city will vote for progress. You can feel free to vote another way.

#30    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,419 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Nobody wants a war and nobody is advocating one. I was quite clear of the implications that would bring. We are simply stating that an armed citizenry is all that is needed to keep overreaching tyrants at bay such as the ones you hear say "we need a bill that will confiscate confiscate confiscate" in the op. State confiscation is one thing that may go without a real fight. Federal confiscation will bring about a real fight. Progressives and big government need to stay the hell out of our lives and quit telling US what's best for US. You don't get to do that and you aren't the majority either. It quite more than a few of US who don't want to be infringed upon any further. You're ilk makes up 20% of the country. I'd say another 15% know why they vote left. The others don't have any clue why they voted left besides that it was the cool thing to do or someone told them they should. Everyone I know who voted for Obama in the last couple elections had not one good reason why. The answers ranged from "my college educated brother said I should" to "everyone else was doing it" and "the other guy is an ahole". Wow, talk about informed. The truth is your side has no real support and your mad because more than half the country doesn't think like you. The only support you have on gun control is the open ended extremely broad question of wether or not people support background checks. Other than that you have nothing. You're fight against guns has had the exact opposite effect you so desire and that is record breaking guns and ammo sales and that doesn't include non-owners and possibly future owners like myself who don't own but sure as hell support the right to and will stand side by side with all who wish to defend such rights. We have a constitution and that is too freaking bad. You want to enact change and see where the public stands? Get an amendment passed and stop dcking around with bs laws and regulations that only serve as lip service because there are already a ton of laws and regulations and a few more wont make a difference. You progressives are the ones picking a fight but we will not be complacent to your fundamental changes. Either do it right through amendments or stay the hell out of our lives. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users