Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Hurricane Sandy predicted to hit East Coast

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#16    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

View Postsusieice, on 27 October 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

The weathermen are calling this Frankenstorm. It's supposed to start here sometime Sunday and rain with high winds for 5 days. Monday night through Tuesday will be the worst. Some commute for the work week. Here's the map that shows the storms as of now (as I post). No snow predicted for my area, thank goodness.
http://weather.yahoo.com/?w=12765529
No Halloween .
I'm afraid my decorations are all going to blow away .

Miss me?

#17    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,464 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Here is a site about preparation. Good luck, Y'all. From my experience the storm is usually not that bad.  It is the aftermath.   http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes

Edit to add.  Get everything out of the yard that might blow around or you might end up with it blowing threw the window. Take in the pumpkins.

Edited by Darkwind, 27 October 2012 - 11:00 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#18    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,930 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Spending today taking down everything I have outside my house. Windchimes, flags, porch chairs...everything is coming inside. Really worried about all these trees out front cause they're so big. There's a lot of leaves everywhere but they're all still full of more. Last year I cleaned up a lot of small branches that came down in Irene. My town is watching the rivers closely as we are to expect 5 inches of rain or more from sometime Sunday thru Thursday.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#19    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,206 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

Stay safe, pilgrims.

#20    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,723 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostEldorado, on 27 October 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Stay safe, pilgrims.

From your lips to God's ears as my Gramma used to say.

This one really has me scared. :cry:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#21    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,930 posts

.....Robert Frost

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

I'm pretty scared too Lilly. They  don't seem to be able to say just how bad this storm is going to be, just that all the bad things are falling into place. Make sure to go to page 2 of link. Scary stuff coming.
http://www.boston.co...JdDL/story.html
It's been overcast here for days, but now it's starting to look more threatening. Should start here sometime tomorrow from our local reports.

Edited by susieice, 27 October 2012 - 10:34 PM.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#22    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,289 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

It's all those fronts coming together that is going to make things bad, wouldn't be surprised if there's tornado's.  Then in some places there could be two feet of snow.

Everyone be safe.

#23    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,930 posts

.....Robert Frost

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

This just keeps getting more encouraging all the time.
http://news.yahoo.co...-064340262.html
I better go get some sleep, if I can. This is going to be a long week.

#24    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

I'm right smack dab in upstate NY, and hoping this won't be as bad as Irene....Can't shut my bedroom door cause of warping. (Also I've been a bit lazy when it comes to fixing it honestly... :blush: )

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

#25    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,464 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

As a Floridian, I am an old hat at hurricanes.  I have been through many evacuations and 3 actual hits.  If they are telling you to get out, get out now. Better to err to the side of caution. Take your pets with you. It might be a while before you can get back in to care for them.  Emergency vehicles don't run during the storm. Don't go out during the storm, even if it has calmed down.  The back side of the eye wall is more fierce than the front side.  Have 3 days of food and water for everybody including pets. I actually stock more than that.  I do 5 days myself. After the storm take care going out, downed power lines, falling trees, boards, glass and nails can be everywhere. Stay safe all, you are in my heart this full moon.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#26    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,615 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Take care everyone! *hugs all round*

Posted Image

#27    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,289 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Here is a place you can see the evacuation zones, potential storm surge flooding and track the hurricane.

Hurricane Sandy storm tracker and forecast maps

#28    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 28 October 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

As a Floridian, I am an old hat at hurricanes.  I have been through many evacuations and 3 actual hits.  If they are telling you to get out, get out now. Better to err to the side of caution. Take your pets with you. It might be a while before you can get back in to care for them.  Emergency vehicles don't run during the storm. Don't go out during the storm, even if it has calmed down.  The back side of the eye wall is more fierce than the front side.  Have 3 days of food and water for everybody including pets. I actually stock more than that.  I do 5 days myself. After the storm take care going out, downed power lines, falling trees, boards, glass and nails can be everywhere. Stay safe all, you are in my heart this full moon.
i
I have 14 pets,total . I have enough carriers for everyone,thing is,they won't all fit in my car . I would put the high strung cats in smallest amt of carriers I could ,comfortably . The bunnies in another. And mellow cats all on leashes and harnesses .
I couldn't take them all to a shelter tho .

Miss me?

#29    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,930 posts

.....Robert Frost

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Wind is picking up pretty good here now. A little spitting rain but nothing to speak of yet. Sky is very dark with thunderheads coming in.

#30    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,464 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Here is a site I use to track hurricanes.

http://classic.wunde...evi32/show.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users