Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Yeti finger' DNA test results to be revealed

Saru

Yes, enough similarities to easily classify it as humanoid. But there are many differences too. Start with the face.

Would you care to be more specific about the cranio-facial elements to which you are referring? In this regard one would wish to keep in mind the distortions of said elements that result from congenital hydrocephalus.

One must also keep in mind the genetic testing:

The Starchild skull DNA was found to contain both an X and a Y chromosome. This is conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes.

http://www.theness.c...rchild-project/

Lastly, one would be advised to keep in mind the rather questionable provenience/provenance of this "artifact".

Would you care to be more specific about the cranio-facial elements to which you are referring? In this regard one would wish to keep in mind the distortions of said elements that result from congenital hydrocephalus.

One must also keep in mind the genetic testing:

The Starchild skull DNA was found to contain both an X and a Y chromosome. This is conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes.

http://www.theness.c...rchild-project/

Lastly, one would be advised to keep in mind the rather questionable provenience/provenance of this "artifact".

Thought, who some suspect is Pye, has already been pushing this in the ET thread where he hit the same argument. Apparently he does not seem to accept the Y chromosome. He pretends it does not exist, and tries to say bone composition is alien. Ahh well, the DNA testing failed, gotta keep trying something to keep the alien alive! LOL.

Edited by psyche101

For some reason, bigfooters think this is an endorsement of their fantasy by an actual scientist. And no matter how many times you point out that Goodall ends her quote with this : "You know, why isn't there a body? I can't answer that, and maybe they don't exist, but I want them to."

Goodall says THERE IS NO EVIDENCE, BUT SHE WANTS THEM TO EXIST.

Well no, she didn't say there was no evidence, she said there was no body to study and based on that they may not exist but she wants them to.

Neo, 2 words you said a long time ago have stuck with me. Environmental impact. I just want to say "thanks!!!" (and I mean that).

Thought, who some suspect is Pye, has already been pushing this in the ET thread where he hit the same argument. Apparently he does not seem to accept the Y chromosome. He pretends it does not exist, and tries to say bone composition is alien. Ahh well, the DNA testing failed, gotta keep trying something to keep the alien alive! LOL.

Chuckle! It could be that your suspicions are valid. Or they could be the contributions of an acolyte. There would appear to be a rash of similar contributions (regarding a number of topics) in more recent history. In either case, the matter has long ago been addressed. As to the osteological "composition", will await further technical data (!). Will additionally await the clear credentials of those involved in "supporting" Pye's position.

• Like 1

What is evidence that is not supported other than hearsay?

It is still evidence, it is only circumstantial or considered unsupported.

If someone murdered person A with a 9mm pistol, and person B was found with a 9mm pistol and blood on his shoes, those items are both evidence, even though someone still needs to examine the shoes and the pistol and determine if they are connected to the murder. But starting at minute 1 of the investigation those items are evidence.

Evidence can be eliminated, and can be shown to be relavant, but it can also be in an unsupported status, such as exists in unsubstatiated videos, photos, footprints, vocal recordings, hair samples and whatnot. Until these are clearly eliminated or found to be accurate, they are in an unsupported status, but are still evidence. I would note that almost all bigfoot evidence so far has been eliminated in some way or another.

I think the difference is that only Scientifically substatiated evidence is Proof, and since there is no scientifically prooven evidence, then there is so far no Proof.

Evidence exists, just not Proof.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is still evidence, it is only circumstantial or considered unsupported.

If someone murdered person A with a 9mm pistol, and person B was found with a 9mm pistol and blood on his shoes, those items are both evidence, even though someone still needs to examine the shoes and the pistol and determine if they are connected to the murder. But starting at minute 1 of the investigation those items are evidence.

Evidence can be eliminated, and can be shown to be relavant, but it can also be in an unsupported status, such as exists in unsubstatiated videos, photos, footprints, vocal recordings, hair samples and whatnot. Until these are clearly eliminated or found to be accurate, they are in an unsupported status, but are still evidence. I would note that almost all bigfoot evidence so far has been eliminated in some way or another.

I think the difference is that only Scientifically substatiated evidence is Proof, and since there is no scientifically prooven evidence, then there is so far no Proof.

Evidence exists, just not Proof.

That is a good call, I have to accept that.

I guess I had become somewhat jaded with the entire subject and have not considered Blobsquatches, undetermined fibres and plaster casts, many from apparently single footed Bigoot's. But technically they could be submitted in court, no matter how unlikely they may seem.

I guess this answers the thread about how long can people believe. As long as one numpty has the audacity to come running out of the woods with a Coconut fibre in his hand claiming he just ripped it from Bigfoots back, the justice process means that we have to put kid gloves back on each and every time this sort of thing happens and repeat the process of elimination.

Not even removal of all the worlds forests would stop the claims in that case.

Edited by psyche101

You calling me a numpty?? :cry:

You calling me a numpty?? :cry:

Not until you take over from Henner Farhenbach and come running from the woods with a fibre in your hand screaming I HAVE PROOF! BIGFOOT IS REAL!! Them maybe yes. You might even agree with me then.

:rofl::lol:

Not until you take over from Henner Farhenbach and come running from the woods with a fibre in your hand screaming I HAVE PROOF! BIGFOOT IS REAL!! Them maybe yes. You might even agree with me then.

:rofl::lol:

:nw::tsu:

• 1 year later...

A “yeti conference” involving explorers, yeti enthusiasts and scientists embarked on a two-day exploration in Siberia, according to The Guardian, in October of this year. They came back having found what they assert is “irrefutable” evidence of the creature’s existence and habitation of the area they were in.