Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Animal Planet TV crew capture yowie audio

bulldogzrep

This story could be written about pretty much every episode they do.

If Bigfoot were are prevalent as these yahoos claim, we'd see them sipping lattes at Starbucks.

• Like 1

Yes, because the people we need to be telling us that what they've heard is a totally new animal sound in Australia is a bunch of Americans.

• Like 3

This one actually made the newspaper so I thought it would be interesting to post lol

As an Australian who grew up in a secluded bush/farming area, I can tell you that some of the native creatures here can make some pretty strange and scary sounds. Even koalas and wombats can let out some loud, aggressive sounding grunts/moans. I'm guessing that's what this is..

If the Yowie (like bigfoot), has existed here for as long as if not longer than man, how have we not ever found a dead one or even skeletal remains? Do they put their dead in acid baths or something? Those cheeky monkeys...

Edited by Eyeball_Kid

Also, this is the show with that dodgey Moneymaker guy (his name really says it all), who has already been busted for using "evidence" he knew was hoaxed even before filming (the police dash board cam video shot in Georgia for instance). Take everything this guy says with a serious grain of salt. He's a showman, nothing more...

my money is on the 'vocalisations' being rutting Koalas.

Could it be the sound of a porcupine choking on a rather hard bit of bigfoot?...I mean, in one of the other bigfoot threads somebody stated that porcupines eat bigfoot and that's why we never find their remains! .or dont they have porcupines in Oz lol :)

• Like 1

Could it be the sound of a porcupine choking on a rather hard bit of bigfoot?...I mean, in one of the other bigfoot threads somebody stated that porcupines eat bigfoot and that's why we never find their remains! .or dont they have porcupines in Oz lol :)

We have Echidnas, so maybe you're onto something. ;)

[media=]

[/media]

Could also have been red deer:

Top of the list by about 4000 decibels is a bone-chilling roar that once had my wife and I huddled in the far corner of our tent all night waiting to be disemboweled. We’d figured the creature outside must have been an escaped lion desperate for real flesh after a lifetime of zoo-issue soya-loaf. Many years later, and having since identified the embarrassing source of those appalling roars, I was consulted by some men – tough by bar-room standards – who’d also endured the same bellowing routine. They’d locked themselves in their ute for the night, waiting nervously with cocked rifles for claws and slavering teeth to rip the doors off their hinges. Miraculously living through their ordeal, they’d made all the logical Auzzie conclusions and attributed the atrocious aural adventure to a roving yowie.

On playing them a recording of the offender, none other than a rampant red deer bellowing across a reverberating valley (but not yet identifying the beast to them), they’d unanimously agreed that yes, indeed, it was a yowie call. But judging by the disbelief on their ashen faces when told what it was, I wondered what they were going to regret more…the annoying glitch in such a compelling pub yarn, or the amount of time they’d spent disinfecting the interior of their car for the sake of a big, bawling Bambi.

Male red deer (Cervus elaphus) roar and attempt copulation relentlessly between March and June. (Coincidence?)

Moaners & Screamers by Dr Steve Van Dyck, Senior Curator of Vertebrates at the Queensland Museum.

Seriously, it would be more of a shock if Finding Bigfoot came all this way to Australia and didn't claim any Yowie evidence/encounters...

have a brushtail possum living behind my house and it makes some awfully weird & loud noises during the night, so probably what they heard was that

Also, this is the show with that dodgey Moneymaker guy (his name really says it all), who has already been busted for using "evidence" he knew was hoaxed even before filming (the police dash board cam video shot in Georgia for instance). Take everything this guy says with a serious grain of salt. He's a showman, nothing more...

Yeah that guy is a joke, I saw him on Today a few weeks ago. He said he spends all his time searching for Bigfoot with a camera in hand. Then towards the end of the interview he said he saw Bigfoot one day which was standing only a few metres in front of him, But surprise surprise he didn't get a photo of it.

Or a constipated one. :whistle:

Yes, because the people we need to be telling us that what they've heard is a totally new animal sound in Australia is a bunch of Americans.

These same Americans hear totally new animal sounds in America, too! :yes:

But really children, you are so cruel. If Bobo says it's a Yowie, well by golly it's a Yowie! :nw::tsu: :clap:

These same Americans hear totally new animal sounds in America, too! :yes:

Okay, my reply makes absolutely no sense.

I just got so excited to hear The Team was Yowie hunting several thousand miles away, I was distracted fantasizing contemplating the possibility they'd never return!

Edited by QuiteContrary

I know that sound! I was near the rocks at Fremantle's beach one night when I heard it.

Creeping along quietly I rounded one large rock and found ... a drunken Australian nun taking a leak.

Yep ... that's it ... same sound ...

I saw their show 'Finding Bigfoot', its just a bunch of nut-jobs running around the forest thinking that every sound they hear 'must' be a Bigfoot of some kind... because in a forest there are apparently no other creatures that could make a twig snap or a grumbling sound ... i have to say though, the show was pretty amusing :)

I tried watching this show before & it quite frankly insulted my intelligence, I had to turn it off, nonsensical waffle of the worst kind :angry:

what gets me about this show is they talk to people in the area who have seen the creature....in fact one couple said it came by their cabin almost every month....wouldn't you at least put up one of those hunting cameras in that area just to see if you could actually get footage of this? They hang around one or two nights in the woods and if they find nothing...they move on to somewhere else....if you have made finding these creatures your whole existence....wouldn't you actually follow up on the places where it had actually been seen over and over instead of moving on to somewhere new? I think this was in Kentucky somewhere....

These idiots have way to much time on their hands and make a mockery of genuine Cryptozoology.When you buy your documentary package on cable or Sky you just don't expect this crap for your pound or dollar! Put it on the Sci-Fi or Fantasy Channel,or even better put it in the bin next to the bull **** editing machine.

Geez, I remember hearing some spooky noises in the bush years ago and it turned out to be a bird (pheasant coucal) but it sounded like a tribe of yowies to me. How lame is this story though....

Where can we listen to the noise?

A fair question, I think you will have to mount your own expedition into the target area, I wouldn't bother though.

lol nice try. just cuz they put Finding Bigfoot on animal planet doesnt mean its all real. i watched an episode where they heard a branch snap an caught a "bigfoot"on the heat sensor camera. it was abit skinny for bigfoot and it was moving around lik a gorilla. then a dude went in from of the camera and back then looked in the camera screen. i compared him to the supposed bigfoot and found they were about the same shape and size so i have concluded tat that bigfoot was just another human

Moneymaker, and animal planet should not even get attention on this forum.( negative or positive )