Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mensa Test

dAz

MENSA TEST

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important that we keep mentally alert. The saying: "If you don't use it, you will lose it" also applies to the brain, so.........

Below is a very private way to gage your loss or non-loss of intelligence. So take the following test presented here and determine if you are losing it or are still a MENSA candidate. OK, relax, clears your mind and....... begin.  

1. What do you put in a toaster?

2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk". What do cows drink?

3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a greenhouse made from?

4. Twenty years ago, a plane is; flying at 20,000 feet over Germany. If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany. Anyway, during the flight, TWO of the engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he has time and the plane crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors - East Germany or West Germany or in "no man's land"?

5. If the hour hand on a clock moves 1/60th of a degree every minute then how many degrees will the hour hand move in one hour?

6. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, 17 people get on the bus. In Reading, six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dAz

• SpaceyKC

• Tommy

• Kismit

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer 1: The answer is bread. If you said "toast," then give up now and go do something else. Try not to hurt yourself.

Answer 2: Cows drink water. If you said "milk" your brain is obviously overstressed and may even overheat. It may be that you need to content yourself with reading something more appropriate such as "Children's World".

Answer 3: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said "green bricks", what the heck are you still doing here reading these questions?????

Answer 4: You don't, of course, bury survivors. If you   said ANYTHING else, you are a real dunce and you must NEVER try to rescue anyone from a plane crash. Your efforts would not be appreciated. .....

Answer 5: One degree. If you said "360 degrees" or anything other than "one degree", you are to be congratulated on getting this far, but you are obviously out of your league. Turn your pencil in and exit the room.

Answer 6: Oh, for heaven sake! It was YOU, you dummy. Read the first line!!!

:s2 :s2 :s2

Daz

Nice one Daz!!   :s2

(btw,  is 2 out 6 any good?)   ???

I got those right aswell but I had to read the hour hand one, over a few times before I got it.

Oh well suppose I'm not perfect then :s2 :s1

Tommy,  there's a word for people like you....

GENIUS!!   ;)

(actually,  I thought of 'showoff' too,  

but we'll let that one go!!)   ;D

• 3 years later...

i got all 6 right. :sk:sk:sk:sk:su:su:tu::tu::tsu::tsu::tsu::yes::yes::D:D

5/6

I failed on the fifth one :blush: I said 360...

I saw the thread starter and thought "ooh, dAz is back". then my hopes were shattered :cry: Anyhow, I got 4/6 - though I have issues with some of the answers.

1. Good one - got me there on that one (though you can also put waffles and pop-tarts - and depending on the toaster, jaffles - in there as well :lol: ).

2. Got me on this one too, though not entirely accurate - cows drink their mothers milk :yes::P

5. I got this one, and while mathematically the correct response, it just doesn't work in practicality. The hour hand moving 1 degree in an hour would imply that this particular clockface takes 360 hours to complete one circuit. What clock does that :blink:

Yeah, I know this is supposed to be lighthearted, but that last one annoyed me

Edited by Paranoid Android

1) Bread... but i really wanted to wrtie pop-tarts

2)claves drink mothers milk, cows drink water

3)glass

4) There wouldn't be survivors after falling and crashing from 20,000 feet woud there?

5)1

6) Amber

i didnt read the other posts so tell the Mensa ppl they spend to much time wrtiing the questions and its a give away that they are trying to trick you