Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One in seven thinks end of world is coming

world

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#121    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:59 AM

Well Einstein said if all the marmalade went bad humanity would soon follow.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#122    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

View Post_Only, on 11 June 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

Wait, what? The thread is about translations of recording of ancient astrology, and people's reactions to those translations.

Really?  Ancient Astrology?

I though it was just abourt apocryphal beliefs in nonsense, and blatant misinterpretations of ramblings.

I never saw any body come out and say it was astrological in nature (despite the fact that the whole idea of armageddon in 2012 has about as much basis in fact as astrology does).

there's nothing in any Mayan calendar that hints at the end of the world in 2012.

#123    _Only

_Only

• 6,453 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

View PostMID, on 11 June 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Really?  Ancient Astrology?

I though it was just abourt apocryphal beliefs in nonsense, and blatant misinterpretations of ramblings.

The ancient civilization looked to the skies as their gods, and wrote down and drew what they saw. This isn't a new concept in terms of ancient civilizations. Whether you think it is nonsense and rambling, it still happened. I didn't think it was that hard to make the connection between the cyclical calenders they made by watching the cosmos, and a cyclical recording of time (or ages), as they experienced them here on Earth. The problem came much later when some enthusiastic people started trying to tell us what the Mayans saw in those changing of ages marked by the cosmos, and at some point it became a possible end of the world  cash cow for television and Hollywood.

I never saw any body come out and say it was astrological in nature (despite the fact that the whole idea of armageddon in 2012 has about as much basis in fact as astrology does).

Well, this is the information age, so you can take your head out of that sand by typing two words into your favorite internet search box. Whether you agree or not, there you go.

there's nothing in any Mayan calendar that hints at the end of the world in 2012.

There's nothing in what I've said that hinted at me disagreeing.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#124    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,230 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostMID, on 11 June 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

...there's nothing in any Mayan calendar that hints at the end of the world in 2012.

Correct, but the precognitive marmalade is apparently hinting away. :)

Why some folks get so fixated on 'end of the world' scenarios is beyond my ability to understand.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#125    13thDarkOne

13thDarkOne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

• All in one, None

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

View Postjules99, on 03 May 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

The world ended years ago and we are all in denial......just ghosts who cant let go.

MINDFCK!!!

#126    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostLilly, on 12 June 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Correct, but the precognitive marmalade is apparently hinting away. :)

Why some folks get so fixated on 'end of the world' scenarios is beyond my ability to understand.

Completely agree, Lil.

Given some posts, I am wondering what's in that marmalade??!!?!?! :unsure2: :yes:

#127    fran123

fran123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

Mid, Lilly, I was looking for some shreds of evidence in the marmalade for proof but couldn't fimd any. Maybe it's because it was shredless or Is somebody taking the pith? The mystery continues. :cry:

#128    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

If one in seven is living/behaving as if the end is near then can't we ship them off to mental institustions somewhere? They could be a threat to themselves and those around them.

This country has far too many mentally ill people on the streets and way too many non violent young adults behind bars for smoking weed.

eta...fix gram

Edited by Framling, 13 June 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#129    _Only

_Only

• 6,453 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostFramling, on 13 June 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

If one in seven is living/behaving as if the end is near then can't we ship them off to mental institustions somewhere? They could be a threat to themselves and those around them.

This country has far too many mentally ill people on the streets and way too many non violent young adults behind bars for smoking weed.

eta...fix gram

View PostFramling, on 13 June 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

eta...fix gram

Tell me how checking an option on a poll that the world could end in your lifetime is a threat to others. You complain about overcrowded prisons, so you want to overcrowd mental hospitals needlessly.

Solid.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#130    Dougal

Dougal

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

View Postfran123, on 12 June 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Mid, Lilly, I was looking for some shreds of evidence in the marmalade for proof but couldn't fimd any. Maybe it's because it was shredless or Is somebody taking the pith? The mystery continues. :cry:

I see what you did there ^_^ lulz, :clap: :tsu: :yes:

"Science is simply common sense at its best that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic." Thomas Henry Huxley English biologist.
"Shall I refuse my dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion?" Oliver Heaviside English physicist.

#131    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

Disturbing thought of the day.

The premise of this thread would mran, if true, that there are somewhere around 13,000 -14,000 people who are members of this board who beleive this stuff!

:unsure2: :cry:

I hope they doon't all decide at one moment  that this thread is for them!

Edited by MID, 04 July 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#132    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

i suppose its going to happen, but more people i talk to all think that a SHTF scenario is on the cards
like mass revolution and breakdown of this way of life.

whatever way the coin lands lets be having it.....Viva La Revolución!

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#133    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostSuper-Fly, on 04 July 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

i suppose its going to happen, but more people i talk to all think that a SHTF scenario is on the cards
like mass revolution and breakdown of this way of life.

whatever way the coin lands lets be having it.....Viva La Revolución!

I can honestly say I won't be looking for the SHTF in December, any more than I'll be looking for Santa Claus.

#134    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,264 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

This is total Moo-Poo which I take great delight in saying again on the 22nd Dec 2012.Then I'll wait for Santa to bring me some choc, because that happens every year,so he must exist.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#135    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 02 May 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

It is coming, every second brings it closer, when the sun swallows the earth.

Omm nom nom..

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

Also tagged with world

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users