Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Anti-Gun propaganda on show 'Glee'

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,705 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...s-politics.html

Source: Yahoo news

Quotation by character played by Jane Lynch.

…the safety net of the public mental health system is gone. Parents with troubled kids are too busy working three jobs to look after them. And the gun yahoos have everyone so worked up about Obama taking away their guns that everybody has a readily available arsenal.

Hail glorious leader Obama, friend of the media.

Just as Biden thanked CNN for their efforts on promoting Gun Control, thank you Fox for not allowing these gun-nuts to tarnish our dear leader's vision. As this episode of Glee is in conjunction with all the other pieces of evidence of the indoctrination of our youth, let is not forget that there is a battle currently being waged over our basic right to self-defense and the mind's of young children every where.

Edited by Eonwe, 13 April 2013 - 01:29 PM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II

#2    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,059 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

I'd frankly be much more worried if Glee was sponsored by the NRA.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Operation Mockingbird, ring a bell, anyone?

http://en.wikipedia....ion_Mockingbird

#4    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,705 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 13 April 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

I'd frankly be much more worried if Glee was sponsored by the NRA.

I rather stick with the lobby that at least gives me the opportunity to defend myself.

#5    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,051 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Heh, the actual title of the article is more accurate than the one made up by the OP for the title of this thread. I watch Glee, thought it was a good episode. There have been several other TV shows that have depicted school shootings over the years.

#6    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,059 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostEonwe, on 13 April 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

I rather stick with the lobby that at least gives me the opportunity to defend myself.
I'd rather stay as far away as possible from people who believe that they have to have Guns in order to be able to "defend themselves", thanks. Who are you so afraid of?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#7    jtsmith

jtsmith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Glee is on Fox. Republican central. Bring it up at the next klan meeting.

Edited by jtsmith, 13 April 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#8    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostKowalski, on 13 April 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Operation Mockingbird, ring a bell, anyone?

http://en.wikipedia....ion_Mockingbird

Prime example of it happening:

It's all about seeds. That's how you make the majority of people think a certain way. Plant seeds everywhere and let them brainwash themselves. It's actually genius. Trying to tell people what to do doesn't work. Seeds does the exact same thing but works. It's hilarious. That's how you herd the cattle.

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 13 April 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

I'd rather stay as far away as possible from people who believe that they have to have Guns in order to be able to "defend themselves", thanks. Who are you so afraid of?

The government.

They want their guns to stop tyranny, not defend themselves for burglars etc.

This is what a lot of people outside the US don't get. Or people in the US who aren't educated on the subject.

I see all my British friends on Facebook saying to take the guns but none of them have a clue.

This is why they want their guns and rightly so:

Being British sucks, complete slave system and we can't do anything about it because our freedom was taken a long time ago.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#9    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,705 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 13 April 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

• Our Government
  • Foreign infantry
  • Armed robbers / home invaders
  • Spree killers

Considering the Japanese did not invade mainland US during World War II as there would be "a gun behind every blade of grass", and the Second Amendment was created as a safeguard against enemies foreign and domestic - a high rate of gun ownership acts as a deterrent in the case the US is ever occupied by enemy troops. Places like Afghanistan, which was occupied by both Soviet forces and US forces within the past 40 years, were able to hold off their occupiers and eventually wear them out through attrition.

The fear of Government is a rational one. If every person killed as a result of Democide (death by Government) in the 20th century had an average height of 5 feet, and you were to lay every person killed from head to toe, the bodies would circle the Earth more than three times. Considering Alexander Hamilton, the First Treasurer of the United States - one of the most influential interpreters of the US Constitution - and one of the authors of the Federalist Papers - wrote that the role of the militia was to fight against despotism in the Federalist Papers No 29 - and the Second Amendment expresses that an armed population is necessary for the continuation of a free country, common sense dictates that our founders set down the legal framework to prevent any form of Government tyranny by allowing the population the ability to choose to exercise their "God-given rights" (rights preexisting for humans by virtue of their existence in the human condition; rights that Government did not give, and thus can not take away - rights that Government merely protect) outlined in the Bill of Rights, such as the responsibility of defending themselves and their communities by being armed.

If they so choose so.

Edited by Eonwe, 13 April 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#10    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,572 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

View Postjtsmith, on 13 April 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Glee is on Fox. Republican central. Bring it up at the next klan meeting.

Don't rewrite history. The klan is a democrat organization.

Posted Image

#11    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Well if victims families can become lobbyists, instead of allowing reasoned debate but instead force the 'emotional impact' of situations on people like emotional rape, why not television shows?

I'd also like to add any politician saying that the public has forgotten about the tragedies is obviously playing politics. Forgotten? About mass shootings? I can see where you place our intellect, Mr. Obama.

Edited by Hasina, 13 April 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,672 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

I watched the end of that episode of Glee. The gun-hate was pretty thick. But, I think it was just for the Drama of teenagers under lockdown in a school who for some reason think they are going to all die. "I love you man", "No, I love you".....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#13    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,889 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostCoffey, on 13 April 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

Being British sucks, complete slave system and we can't do anything about it because our freedom was taken a long time ago.

Ealdwita snippet alert.......

Ignoring the four Acts passed by James II, the first 'restrictive' firearms laws were passed after the Jacobite Rebellion of 1715, and only applied to Scotland initially. "An act for the more effectual securing the peace of the highlands in Scotland" and came  into effect on November 1, 1716 which outlawed anyone in defined parts of Scotland from having "in his or their custody, use, or bear, broad sword or target, poignard, whinger, or durk, side pistol, gun, or other warlike weapon" unless authorised. This was reinforced by another 'Scottish' Act passed in 1725.

The first nationwide controls came within the 'Vagrancy Act' of 1824, ostensibly as a reaction against the large number of people roaming the country with weapons brought back from the Napoleonic Wars. The Act allowed the police to arrest "any person with any gun, pistol, hanger [dagger], cutlass, bludgeon or other offensive weapon ... with intent to commit a felonious act".

The Gun Licence Act 1870 was created to raise revenue. It required a person to obtain a licence to carry a gun outside his own property for any reason. A licence was not required to buy a gun. The licences cost 10 shillings (about £31 in 2005 terms), lasted one year, and could be bought over the counter at Post Offices.

And it was all downhill from there.

The Pistols Act 1903 placed restriction on gun sales.
The Firearms Act 1920 (partly spurred by fears of a possible surge in crime from the large number of firearms available following WWI).
Then another Act (1937) covered shotguns and air weapons.
The 1968 Act brought all firearms in the UK under one statute of Law and existed until the Hungerford massacre when an Amendment was passed effectively  prohibiting semi-automatic and pump-action centre-fire rifles, military weapons firing explosive ammunition, short shotguns that had magazines, and both elevated pump-action and self-loading rifles.
1997 brought the Firearms Act Amendment No2), banning private possession of handguns almost completely.

Now in the UK, only robbers, murderers and 'gangstahs' have self-defensive-type firearms, and the British Public have neither the right of self-defence nor proper redress against criminals!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#14    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,889 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 13 April 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

I watched the end of that episode of Glee. The gun-hate was pretty thick. But, I think it was just for the Drama of teenagers under lockdown in a school who for some reason think they are going to all die. "I love you man", "No, I love you".....

Having sat (unwillingly) through most of an epsode of 'Glee' in the past, my sympathies are entirely with the gunman!

Edited by ealdwita, 13 April 2013 - 04:48 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#15    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,059 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostEonwe, on 13 April 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

• Our Government
  • Foreign infantry
  • Armed robbers / home invaders
  • Spree killers

[1] Pure paranoia
[2] Who's that, then? North korea? Or are we talking about the UN?
[3] & [4]: perhaps the reason that one needs [so one says] to have Guns to protect oneself from Spree killers is that Guns are so easy to have that any Spree killer or even just someone robbing one's home that one might encounter might well be likely to have one themselves. Self-perpetuating cycle?

H. P. Lovecraft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users