Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are the pyramids safe to visit ?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

View Postand then, on 04 June 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

Mursi pardoned Mustafa Hamza who ordered this massacre!

The lack of security in Egypt, despite the increase of the budget of the Ministry of Interior, is because both the prosecutor general and the police force are directing all their efforts and resources to the protection of the regime and the repression of the opposition. During the Mubarak era the Giza plateau was studded with policemen and the streets were safe for every one even late at night.

#17    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Less westerners mean more hotel rooms for Russian tourists. Egypt is a very popular destination.

#18    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

View Postand then, on 04 June 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

I dont think you were listening.
He said it was just all media scaremongering.
Life is so much better if you dont pay attention. :)

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 04 June 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Less westerners mean more hotel rooms for Russian tourists. Egypt is a very popular destination.
Putin keeps putting the clamp down on Muslims like he is and it may not be any safer for them to visit either.

#19    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 12 June 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

I dont think you were listening.
He said it was just all media scaremongering.
Life is so much better if you dont pay attention. :)

Putin keeps putting the clamp down on Muslims like he is and it may not be any safer for them to visit either.
No "clamp down" on Muslims. There are terrorists in Dagestan, though the problems are specific Caucasus issues, nothing for foreign Muslims to be interested in. If the terrorists in Dagestan stopped, then maybe Dagestan would become some paradise like Chechnya seems to have become. So many new buildings in Grozny now, so much money.....

#20    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,211 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

I've visited Egypt twice. I had no problems, but then it may be that terrorists were on Spring break. Who knows. Just use your common sense and remember that not everyone likes Westerners.

#21    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

I remember some years ago I had a young apprentice who was from a recently migrated family, and he used to tell me that it has always been pretty dodgy there. His sister refused to return to visit family because she was not safe in the streets having taken on a Western view. He described it as bad as anything I have read and explained that bucking the system (like giving cheek or deliberately letting a woman wear skimpy clothes in public) would most likely result in a shallow grave.
I'll rely on Nat Geo I think.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#22    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

View PostAntilles, on 13 June 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

I've visited Egypt twice. I had no problems, but then it may be that terrorists were on Spring break. Who knows. Just use your common sense and remember that not everyone likes Westerners.

Perhaps it is where you stay or the area? Did you not find a heavy Islamic influence there?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#23    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,211 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 June 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

Perhaps it is where you stay or the area? Did you not find a heavy Islamic influence there?

It's an Islamic state so sure but not as in your face as Iran or Iraq.

Like I said. Common sense and do your homework before you go. Sounds silly I guess but it helps to be prepared.

#24    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 04 June 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

Mursi pardoned Mustafa Hamza who ordered this massacre!

At the same time, the Muslim Brotherhood regime is eager to get tourist income and will try to protect the tourist business.

I do not understand why anybody would want to visit an islamist state, though. All of them should be boycotted.

My heart goes out to the Coptic minority who is stuck there. It is a true tragedy.

Edited by Zaphod222, 14 June 2013 - 08:52 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#25    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 12 June 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

No "clamp down" on Muslims. There are terrorists in Dagestan, though the problems are specific Caucasus issues, nothing for foreign Muslims to be interested in. If the terrorists in Dagestan stopped, then maybe Dagestan would become some paradise like Chechnya seems to have become. So many new buildings in Grozny now, so much money.....

When it comes to Muslims, you mess with one of them and the whole group declares a Jihad on you.
Putin raided a Mosque and arrested 300 Muslims.
Try that in the USA and Bombs would be going off everywhere.

#26    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 14 June 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

When it comes to Muslims, you mess with one of them and the whole group declares a Jihad on you.
Putin raided a Mosque and arrested 300 Muslims.
Try that in the USA and Bombs would be going off everywhere.
I point out the mosque was in Moscow, and that all, except a few Tartars, were clearly from Caucusus with some of their Arab friends. I would class this raid as a Caucusus issue, not a general "pogrom" against Muslims.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 14 June 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#27    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 14 June 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

I point out the mosque was in Moscow, and that all, except a few Tartars, were clearly from Caucusus with some of their Arab friends. I would class this raid as a Caucusus issue, not a general "pogrom" against Muslims.
Imagine the exact same thing happening in the USA.
American Police removing 300 Muslims from a Mosque?
Do you honestly believe we would see the same restraint?
I doubt it.

#28    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 17 June 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Imagine the exact same thing happening in the USA.
American Police removing 300 Muslims from a Mosque?
Do you honestly believe we would see the same restraint?
I doubt it.
No. Perhaps there is something to be said for not having to go with any politial correctness or any public opinions. There is a saying that you can have too much of a good thing, I think that also includes "democracy", the tyrany of the majority, and the press who tell them what to think.

#29    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,570 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Violent clashes in the Egyptian city of Alexandria have left one man dead and more than 70 people injured.

A senior security official said the male victim, a US citizen, died from a stab wound to the chest after violence erupted between supporters and opponents of President Mohamed Morsi.

http://uk.news.yahoo...54.html#Dtqc95G

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users