Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jack the Ripper's face revealed 120 years on

UM-Bot

user posted image rThe face of Jack the Ripper has been pieced together by Scotland Yard experts from evidence left by the Victorian killer. Modern profiling techniques have been used to form the most accurate portrait ever of the murderer, whose identity has remained a mystery for 118 years. The clues also suggest that police at the time were probably searching for the wrong kind of man. The Ripper, who strangled and butchered five prostitutes in East London in seemingly motiveless attacks in 1888, is thought to have been aged between 25 and 35, about 5ft 6in (1.68m) tall and stockily built. Laura Richards, head of analysis at Scotland Yard's violent crime unit, which conducted the study, said: 'For the first time, we are able to understand the kind of person Jack the Ripper was. 'We can name the street where he probably lived, we can see what he looked like and we can explain, finally, why he eluded justice.' Ms Richards and former Metropolitan Police commander John Grieve assembled a team of experts including pathologists, historians and a geographical profiler to see whether the case could be solved.

They analysed the Ripper 's killings and examined 13 witness statements taken at the time to come up with a person who, according to Ms Richards, was 'frighteningly normal, yet capable of extraordinary cruelty'. Mr Grieve added: 'This is further than anyone else has got. 'It would have been enough for coppers to get out and start knocking on doors. They would have got him.'

IPB Image\ View: Full Article | Source: Metro

Now the question is what suspect does that profile look the most like? :hmm:

Now the question is what suspect does that profile look the most like? :hmm:

Well he could pass as a dead ringer for my brother-inlaw who is half German and takes after his mother who is German. And this guy definately looks young.

So were any of the suspects young and genetically part German, with a picture to compare with this?

I didn't know that Powers Boothe was Jack the Ripper... :D

Now that you mention it, he does look like Cy Tolliver himself...but I still think he looks too much like Freddie Mercury to overlook.

aged between 25 and 35, about 5ft 6in (1.68m) tall and stockily built.

In the immortal words of Chris Farley, "...Him just a little guy." :lol:

He looks mexican to me :lol:

It's the cowboy from the Village People...always knew they were evil!

• Like 1

There was an immagrant who was commited around the same time the crimes stop. I cant think of this name, i know he was jewish. Does anyone know who i am tlaking about?

Aaron Kosminski?

There was an immagrant who was commited around the same time the crimes stop. I cant think of this name, i know he was jewish. Does anyone know who i am tlaking about?

Aaron Kosminski?

your right , there is a close resemblance , hmmm........ l wonder .

IPB Image\IPB Image\

^

aaron kosminski

Edited by fawkes2

your right , there is a close resemblance , hmmm........ l wonder .

IPB Image\IPB Image\

^

aaron kosminski

Hard to say at that angle. The forehead looks too broad in the drawing and the space from lower lip to chin point too thin to match.

Then there is that nose, that long thin nose with the narrow point between the eyes, then the bump, and then the tiny flare at the end of its tip. Alot of other features might be common but not that nose.

Find the match among the suspects to that long squiggly nose and there is The Ripper I bet, regardless of hair color because they could use blacking back then as a disguise since it was a common product.

Since he looks thin and has dark circles under his eyes, recent physical illness might help narrow down the suspects also.

hmm im not sure yeah he could of looked like that but the image looks to modern and i cant picture him in the 1880 fashion

hmm im not sure yeah he could of looked like that but the image looks to modern and i cant picture him in the 1880 fashion

The image looks too modern because it is a modern e-fit. It is, however, based on the written statements taken at the time of people that saw thee Ripper.

I have taken that image and processed it so that it looks like a picture taken at the time. I hope this helps.

IPB Image\

still looks mexican :lol:

I keep expecting him to grab a microphone and start going "It's a kinda magic..."

Shame I missed this program...there's always going to be something about Jack the Ripper that just grabs people in the UK. It's possibly our most famous real life murder mystery...and as horrific and gruesome as it is, it's something that I'll always have an interest in. If there's something on tv about Jack the Ripper, I'll watch it if I get the chance. Maybe i've got a morbid streak :P

• Like 1

If there's something on tv about Jack the Ripper, I'll watch it if I get the chance. Maybe i've got a morbid streak :P

I think a lot of us do. He is as close to a caped real life vampire monster as we have to read about.

He looks German.

Italian if you ask me.

I don't think he looks German at all. He looks more like he came from the old American West than he does Germany. I'm German so I definetly know he doesn't look German. He definetly doesn't have a German's features. And most Germans have red,light brown,white or blonde hair. With his fat mustache and slicked back hair then he looks more John Wayne than German!! :D But he does look Italian-possibly with some Spanish mixed in!!

Edited by starlitkate

You all forget that the victorian time was THE Era of facial hair!!! Massive moustaches, side-burns galore, etc. Any Gentleman who had an opinion of himself would sport a 'tache. So, nothing to do with Mexicans, Turks or otherwise.

It has also been clearly established that Jack must have had an educated knowledge of anatomy, very likely even surgery. The organs that were removed had been done so with precision & accuracy & couldn't have performed by a lay-person (So, Aaron Kosminski - Nope). The madness lay more in the arrangement of the organs around the bodies, like the draping of the intestines around the shoulders of one victim. Of course, in the case of Mary Kelly, the post mortem mutilations of her body such as cutting off her nose, skinning her thighs to the bone, etc, were pure savagery. I personally find the theory that there must have been another person involved assisting Jack very credible.

I don't have TV at the moment, so anyone who has seen the program & can let us know the main points on which the profile is based would be much appreciated!

Oh, and, although the similarity is undeniable, please leave poor Freddie (may his soul rest in peeece!) out of it! :w00t:

Edited by QueenOftheCramped