Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

I am contemplating becoming a mason.

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#46    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,041 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

View Postnotyalcmas93, on 19 November 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

I agree with most of what blu3 says.. go ahead and call me a 'conspiracy' theorist. Its cool, ive been called worse. But the free masons are apart of something bigger and most of them dont have a clue. Do your research.. dig.. dig.. dig.. then dig some more.
Anyway, there is undoubtedly good people in the masons but those are usually the ones at the bottom of the 'totem pole' the people who run the free masons dont have the best intentions.. IMO. And i would hate to see someone like seeker join :/

Have you met any Freemasons?  It's a boy's club... nothing more.  I'd be more concerned with politicians running the country who all attended the same schools.

#47    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,041 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 19 November 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

Dues are small and you do have brothers and sisters who will help you are in a pinch :)

I know.. we even had a benevolent fund in my Fraternal institution (not Masonic).  *sigh*

I became disenchanted.  There's an element of bigotry in all Institutions, imo.  Took me a long time to discover this though, to my shame.

Edited by Eldorado, 19 November 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#48    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 18 November 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

Scientology ?

Errrr,why ,so he can learn how to give them all his money and preach some stuff made up by some sci fi author , to other people because he's now level 9.3 ,or some such nonsense .
It's an alleged religion ,MADE UP BY A SCIENCE FICTION AUTHOR .
If charles,Dickens had made up a religion ,I wonder if people would have followed it...
Duh .

Scientology is like a bad fungus ,growing all over everything . The masons are an ancient order with history rooted in antiquity .
No comparision .

Lol

*Woosh!*

That was the sarcasm of my post flying over your head ;)

View PostLikely Guy, on 19 November 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

I agree, why is this in the conspiracy section?

Edit: Oh. "Conspiracies and Secret Socities"... so I guess that it is valid.

Aye, I guess... ...Though I fail to see how Masons are a 'secret' society.

#49    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Perception. Closed doors breeds dreams of conspiracies.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#50    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,301 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 17 November 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

So I am a leader in my community, I own a business that puts me in a highy respect leadership position. I have been feeling a little... Well lonely lately. I want to be apart of something that shares my passion for personal development, has people that i can look up to and aspire Towords.... I miss that. The masons seem like a good fit.

Any masons here that might chime in?

If you're lonely get a dog or a cat.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#51    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,041 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

View Postacidhead, on 19 November 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

If you're lonely get a dog or a cat.

I agree!  A masonic dog or cat, preferably.  Only God knows what kinda handshake or pawshake you'd give though. (lol)

Edited by Eldorado, 19 November 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#52    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hi Shadowsot,

I think sometimes it is very difficult to structure irregular fringe masonry, some members are confusing, a widely held view within regular freemasonry is that Quatuor Coronati Research Lodge is a premier lodge and held in great esteem throughout the world of freemasonry, however one of the early masters was William Wynn Westcott who was heavily into Societas Rosicruciana, Theosophical Society and co-founded the Golden Dawn, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia....m_Wynn_Westcott

Another early member of Quatuor Coronati Lodge was Walter Besant, his sister in law was Annie Besant, huge in Co-freemasonry and Theosophical Society, link below:-

http://en.wikipedia...._Coronati_Lodge

Please note i'm not knocking but observing how irregular fringe masonry can get very cosy with regular freemasonry.

I'm a little uneasy about link below as i live in London:-

http://en.wikipedia....w_Welcome_Lodge

#53    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

View PostEldorado, on 19 November 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Am thinking maybe Expand My Mind was being sarcastic.  :)
You never know on here. We do have scientologists on UM. They just don't advertise it .

Miss me?

#54    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,041 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 November 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

You never know on here. We do have scientologists on UM. They just don't advertise it .

Aye, this is true... we also have the totally insane...  as I'm sure you've noticed.  :)

My fave is the shape-shifting hyrax.

Edited by Eldorado, 19 November 2012 - 07:37 AM.

#55    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

View PostEldorado, on 19 November 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Aye, this is true... we also have the totally insane...  as I'm sure you've noticed.  :)

My fave is the shape-shifting hyrax.
I keep hearing about this hydrax .Where might I find it ?

Miss me?

#56    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,041 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 November 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

I keep hearing about this hydrax .Where might I find it ?

They are everywhere!  (hence the shape-shifting monicker)

#57    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 19 November 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

In this thread I keep seeing Savile labelled as a freemason. He was a life long Catholic that received a papal knighthood. Catholics are not allowed to join the freemasons. Do you think that he would have been awarded a papal knighthood if the Vatican knew that he was a freemason?

No? Why, because it was a big secret that was kept from the Catholic Church? Yet not long after he died some anonymous blogger revealed (lied) that he was a freemason to further their own anti-mason stance. Now it's a well known fact that Savile was a freemason on sites like Stormfront, Above Top Secret and David Icke's site.

I'm not one to stick up for Icke...... But he DID say all this about Savile years ago and everyone called him a liar and bad mouthed him for it..... Looks like he was telling the truth and I bet a lot of people now feel stupid.

View PostEldorado, on 19 November 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

Have you met any Freemasons?  It's a boy's club... nothing more.  I'd be more concerned with politicians running the country who all attended the same schools.

I think he ment it like that by the way he said they are part of somehting bigger that they don't know themselves.

Prince Philip has his own masonic lodge for example. Also was a VERY close friend of Savile's.

Edited by Coffey, 19 November 2012 - 09:14 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#58    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,041 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostCoffey, on 19 November 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

I'm not one to stick up for Icke...... But he DID say all this about Savile years ago and everyone called him a liar and bad mouthed him for it..... Looks like he was telling the truth and I bet a lot of people now feel stupid..

Is there anyone who never had doubts about Saville?  A millionaire but single man who professed a love of women yet never had a girlfriend?

Icke worked for the BBC (Boys Buggery Club) and is at least honest.
He may be mad but he is an honest madman.  And not a public-schoolboy hypocritical buggering creep.

Edited by Eldorado, 19 November 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#59    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostEldorado, on 19 November 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

Is there anyone who never had doubts about Saville?  A millionaire but single man who professed a love of women yet never had a girlfriend?

Icke worked for the BBC (Boys Buggery Club) and is at least honest.
He may be mad but he is an honest madman.  And not a public-schoolboy hypocritical buggering creep.

Agree with you there.

Good connection didn't think of that.

Did you watch "when louis met Jimmy"? He said a few wierd things in that program.

It's really chilling to know thta thye covered this stuff up and all the contacts he had.

I watched a video where he was in an interview on TV telling a story of how he brung a young girl to meet prince philip and it sounded seriously suspicious. But then it could have been innocent, just hard not to the worst after all this has come out.

(Boys Buggery Club) <---- Hahahaha

Edited by Coffey, 19 November 2012 - 09:32 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#60    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

I was recently reading a book called "When Pigs Move In" by Don Dickerman. It teaches about deliverence from demonic spirits and possession, and Don gives his testimonies and those from whom he has delivered. Anyway, the book gets into the Occult. Freemasonry, ancestral curses and so on.

In the book, it is explained that many Mason's have to take oaths when they join, and if they break them they suffer a punishment. Some oaths require drinking water (I think) from the top of a skull, and if you go against this oath, you become poisoned as the water will turn to poison as a punishment.

Some require sacrifice and depending on what degree you are in Freemasonry, if you go against their code and way of conduct, you can have a hand severed as punishment.

Basically, from what I'm reading, Freemasonry as far as the occult is concerned, is about Satanic sacrifice, pledges and oaths for a position of power and influence.

My advice? I wouldn't go that way if I were you, OP. Atleast not until you fully understand what you're getting yourself into.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users