Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who narrates your life?

Atuke

Since I'm the CEO of my life, I choose to have a voice that isn't mine dictating my life to me in real time. The voice guides me into predetermined choices that the narrator has planned for me. Ultimately I am the actual guide, but I dub in a particular voice. Lately I've been using Morgan Freeman. Obvious choice but his voice helps me make good choices and I feel I can trust him. Occasionally I switch to Sir David Attenbourgh, but only when drinking, which is a lot lately. Anyway what are your thoughts on using a famous voice in your head to narrate your life in real time to yourself? Am I crazy?

Dr. Zeus narrates mine, in rhymes, of course. I always kinda admired him :tu: .

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

not at all, at least twice a week in driving down the road, I see a pile of gravel or sand or a hill and I instantly hear the narrator from dukes of hazzard going on about how I'm in trouble and wondering if I could make that jump

• Like 1

That's a new one on me and I'm not sure what you mean, but I don't think I have a narrator.

• Like 2

Whenever I'm thinking about a problem that needs a solution, it's narrated in the voice of a male silurian (Doctor Who). The voice narrates what I think might happen depending on the solution I choose to solve a problem. It amuses me and I love it because it reminds me of my favorite show.

It sounds a little multiple personality to me, but not in a bad way. I am with Frank on this one, but I do do a cracking Nigerian accent, does that count?

• Like 1

Sometimes Rod Serling... Sometimes Woody Woodpecker - it depends on what is going on... But mostly William Conrad (the Narrator from Rocky and Bullwinkle)...

Edited by Taun

Oh gosh this is difficult. Morgan Freeman or Mike Meyers would both be awesome.

Edit to add... Christopher Walken would be pretty freakin cool too.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

It sounds a little multiple personality to me, but not in a bad way. I am with Frank on this one, but I do do a cracking Nigerian accent, does that count?

A job as a taxi driver in Dublin awaits! :tu:

• Like 2

That's a new one on me and I'm not sure what you mean, but I don't think I have a narrator.

Of course you do, Frank. Jack Webb. "Just the facts, ma'am."
  • Like 1

When I'm sobor, its David Henry Thoreau

When I'm drinking, its Jim Morrison

When I'm stoned, its Woody Herrelson

Unfortunately I haven't hears Woody's voice in months.

OK, seriously though. When I hear a voice in my head it my voice that I hear. I prefer to have my own voice be my guide.

My 'inner voice' is that of Ho Chi Minh..........Ahhhhh, and now I realize why my life has no direction.....I can't speak Vietnamese......No idea what he's on about!

• Like 1

Does anyone else narrate their own life out loud in the third person? Or do i just need to get out more?

Does anyone else narrate their own life out loud in the third person? Or do i just need to get out more?

You need to take the meds your psychiatrist prescribed, in the recommend dosage.

Do not chew, crush or keister the tablets.

Do not operate heavy machinery, light machinery or anything with moving parts after taking your meds.

Side effects include, weight loss, weight gain, swollen toes, chills and sweats.

:tu:;)

• Like 1