Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Commercial Jingles

Minds_Eye

Remember when commercials actually had catchy songs that stayed stuck in your head whether you liked it or not? What's on your personal list?

One of my favorites:

And then, there's a Chili's Baby Back Ribs variation (yikes!):

[media=]

• Like 1

Lee Garfinkel's Sprite commercial, "Grant Hill drinks Sprite"

Image is nothing and yet "Grant Hill drinks Sprite"!

Here is a fake commercial and yet cute and catchy;

Ni Hao Nyan Commercial

Please note the last word in the jingle is dekachura....or "deculture" or to remove or destroy somebody's culture, interesting how that word ended up in there.

You know, this one always gets stuck in my head.

Maybe it's because I'm kind of a Colin Mocherie fan, but I now steal his line and kind of use it to tell my fellow co-workers to 'break happy'

• Like 1

Worst ever; "Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, etc..."

• Like 2

i wish i were an Oscar Mayer Weiner, that is what i'd truly like to be. :(

Can anybody sing that jingle nowadays with the same kind of innocence anymore? :innocent:

I haven't been able to get the Tums (ta-Tum-Tumm-Tummmss) or Alka-Seltzer (Plop-Plop-Fizz-Fizz) out of my head either!

• Like 1

Lee Garfinkel's Sprite commercial, "Grant Hill drinks Sprite"

Bubblykiss, your post really confused me because I initially read the name as Art Garfunkel and thought you were talking about this:

• Like 2

I remember a vocal riff from a 70s Yamaha commercial - a chorus singing "Ya-ma-ha!" in ascending tones. And how about the Frito Bandito?

I truly hate tv adverts <_<

Me too, older commercials were so much better... Today... I mostly laugh at how unskilled people work with advertising. Well, to be honest, not today but last 10 years :D

Almost every commercial is the same ' my product is 100 times stronger then every other product in market ' - this, for example, isn't advertising but that is how people do it, mostly. And, without original advert, without skilled people who made them commercials... Nice music coupled with lyrics is the last thing you could expect to see in a commercials today.

• Like 2

I remember a vocal riff from a 70s Yamaha commercial - a chorus singing "Ya-ma-ha!" in ascending tones. And how about the Frito Bandito?

Don't remember those but how about this?

• Like 1

Me too, older commercials were so much better... Today... I mostly laugh at how unskilled people work with advertising. Well, to be honest, not today but last 10 years :D

Almost every commercial is the same ' my product is 100 times stronger then every other product in market ' - this, for example, isn't advertising but that is how people do it, mostly. And, without original advert, without skilled people who made them commercials... Nice music coupled with lyrics is the last thing you could expect to see in a commercials today.

I think it's so much harder to think of good music for a creative commercial. The emphasis now seems to be comedy or special fx to sell a product on tv, but I can't recall any of them as easily.

This is one commercial jingle that's always stuck with me... my little sister was about four years old when she saw it at our grandparents house (we didn't have a TV in our house) she sang this jingle for MONTHS. It's not even that good! LOL

Put a Tic Tac in your mouth and get BANG! out of life! It's a clean fresh explosion of mint! LOL.

I hate that new commercial with Payton manning humming the all state tune

Same here, mainly because I was laid up when it first aired and it had me craving chicken parm.

I would keep singing this on and on after hearing one commercial of it..Have fun. :innocent:

Edited because I have no clue how to get the video to show up on UM..after all of these years. :no:

Edited by SpiritWalker7
  • Like 1

This is one commercial jingle that's always stuck with me... my little sister was about four years old when she saw it at our grandparents house (we didn't have a TV in our house) she sang this jingle for MONTHS. It's not even that good! LOL

Put a Tic Tac in your mouth and get BANG! out of life! It's a clean fresh explosion of mint! LOL.

TicTacs... Do they still sell those? I'm going to have to pay more attention to the candy aisle at the grocery store next time!

The KitKat "Gimme a Break" song is still well known and popular too. ^_^