Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Gay Marriage


  • Please log in to reply
1006 replies to this topic

#31    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostTrueBeliever, on 03 August 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

yes, there are christians who are good and who do good.....and they dont take the bible too seriously......they are more a cultural christian.....they are decent people.They would be good people even without a bible or a church.

View PostTrueBeliever, on 03 August 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

yes, there are christians who are good and who do good.....and they dont take the bible too seriously......they are more a cultural christian.....they are decent people.They would be good people even without a bible or a church.
were you smacked as a kid by your parents because of your sins? texas sounds horrible from your point of view, im sure there are people who would dissagree with your opinion

Edited by Ever Learning, 03 August 2012 - 10:40 PM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#32    TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:too cold here!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostEver Learning, on 03 August 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

were you smacked as a kid by your parents because of your sins?

you are weird........I was beat because my parents were mentally ill and indoctrinated by a severe christianity.
Now, I would like to discuss support for gay marriage. Thank you!


#33    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostTrueBeliever, on 03 August 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

OMG....the citizens religious views are why they deny others'...the act of voting only 'traditional' marriage and thereby excluding gay marriage rights is tyrannical..have you not heard their comments about how gay marriage threatens traditional marriage?? it is nonsense it doesnt prohibit their traditiobal marriage..it is just that thereligious far right think they should force others into doing things their way..even if they have to deny civil rights...and it is because of their religious beliefs. If you think otherwise...well, I dont know what to say to you. Religion is tyranny....just another form of slavery IMO

View PostTrueBeliever, on 03 August 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

OMG....the citizens religious views are why they deny others'...the act of voting only 'traditional' marriage and thereby excluding gay marriage rights is tyrannical..have you not heard their comments about how gay marriage threatens traditional marriage?? it is nonsense it doesnt prohibit their traditiobal marriage..it is just that thereligious far right think they should force others into doing things their way..even if they have to deny civil rights...and it is because of their religious beliefs. If you think otherwise...well, I dont know what to say to you. Religion is tyranny....just another form of slavery IMO
If the majority voted against gay marrige how is that not fair, the majority won. if the minority won then that would be unfair, do you dissagree?

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#34    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostTrueBeliever, on 03 August 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

you are weird........I was beat because my parents were mentally ill and indoctrinated by a severe christianity.
Now, I would like to discuss support for gay marriage. Thank you!

View PostTrueBeliever, on 03 August 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

you are weird........I was beat because my parents were mentally ill and indoctrinated by a severe christianity.
Now, I would like to discuss support for gay marriage. Thank you!
You said that christian parents beat their children and that you had a christian upbringing, im sorry if it sounded like a weird question but it was more out of concern.   i woudnt wish abusive parents on anyone

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#35    TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:too cold here!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostEver Learning, on 03 August 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

If the majority voted against gay marrige how is that not fair, the majority won. if the minority won then that would be unfair, do you dissagree?

WHY IS IT OK TO ENACT A LAW THAT EXCLUDES ANOTHERS RIGHTS....IT USED TO BE ILLEGAL FOR WOMEN AND BLACKS TO VOTE!! WAS THAT FAIR?? OF COURSE NOT....IT USED TO BE LEGAL AND MAJORITY RULE TO BURN WITCHES AND STONE PEOPLE TO DEATH......that wasnt right either........you speak of fair, but I hardly think you understand the concept, let alone the practice.


#36    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostTrueBeliever, on 03 August 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

WHY IS IT OK TO ENACT A LAW THAT EXCLUDES ANOTHERS RIGHTS....IT USED TO BE ILLEGAL FOR WOMEN AND BLACKS TO VOTE!! WAS THAT FAIR?? OF COURSE NOT....IT USED TO BE LEGAL AND MAJORITY RULE TO BURN WITCHES AND STONE PEOPLE TO DEATH......that wasnt right either........you speak of fair, but I hardly think you understand the concept, let alone the practice.

View PostTrueBeliever, on 03 August 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

WHY IS IT OK TO ENACT A LAW THAT EXCLUDES ANOTHERS RIGHTS....IT USED TO BE ILLEGAL FOR WOMEN AND BLACKS TO VOTE!! WAS THAT FAIR?? OF COURSE NOT....IT USED TO BE LEGAL AND MAJORITY RULE TO BURN WITCHES AND STONE PEOPLE TO DEATH......that wasnt right either........you speak of fair, but I hardly think you understand the concept, let alone the practice.
But now that women and blacks can vote, the majority voted for traditional marriages only and the minority in that state decided against. morality is decided by the majority. do you agree with this?

Edited by Ever Learning, 03 August 2012 - 11:01 PM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#37    TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:too cold here!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostEver Learning, on 03 August 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

You said that christian parents beat their children and that you had a christian upbringing, im sorry if it sounded like a weird question but it was more out of concern.   i woudnt wish abusive parents on anyone

heres the point...not all christians are abusive or mean or crazy. BUT christianity, the Bible...it teaches and allows some serious abuse.....when you are told to believe something at threat of eternal death, and you read it for yourself in the book you are told is holier than holy...it is THE **** man..it is what will make you or break you...and you read that homosexuals are sinners and bad, flawed people..gays told to pray it away...beat to try and put an end to it..it is an injustice to common sense, decency and intelligence that children are subjected to this indoctrination. ...AND told that a loving god is behind it all......it is vile. and it isnt science! it is a book of historical accounts of a dark time for humans when ignorance was glorified and worshipped........and to still watch the ignorance and peoples rights be trampled on because of a majority vote!! No...I will never say that is fair..fair is not banning a right for another that you reserve for only yourself.


#38    TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:too cold here!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostEver Learning, on 03 August 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

If the majority voted against gay marrige how is that not fair, the majority won. if the minority won then that would be unfair, do you dissagree?

you shouldnt have to 'win' your civil rights.....but in this 'christian' nation I guess you got to fight like crazy for your rights.....


#39    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostTrueBeliever, on 03 August 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

you shouldnt have to 'win' your civil rights.....but in this 'christian' nation I guess you got to fight like crazy for your rights.....

View PostTrueBeliever, on 03 August 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

you shouldnt have to 'win' your civil rights.....but in this 'christian' nation I guess you got to fight like crazy for your rights.....
Im not american so im not going to pretend i know what your civil rights are, a majority vote keeps the most people happy. society would brake down if every one was a law onto them selves. people didnt fight for the right to vote to have the minority decide for them.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#40    willowdreams

willowdreams

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Joined:12 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

i think what bothers me is that churches/religions are so involved in politics, yet pay no taxes. If they want involved in politics and want say so in everything, pushing for laws NOT to be passed based on religion, then they need to pay taxes.

also i notice around here, people say 'i do not mind homosexuals, as long as they dont be homosexual where i can see it'

*rolls eyes*

so it is ok for a woman and man to hold hands, hug and kiss in public, but nasty and disgusting if two men or two woman do it.

I find this so stupid that I often wonder how they cannot see how 'off the wall' they are with their attitude.

Oh i don't mind then as long as I do not have to see it?

that is like 'I am not prejudice against black people, but i do not associate with them'

*sigh*

people sadden me at times.

Posted Image


#41    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

View Postwillowdreams, on 03 August 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

i think what bothers me is that churches/religions are so involved in politics, yet pay no taxes. If they want involved in politics and want say so in everything, pushing for laws NOT to be passed based on religion, then they need to pay taxes.

also i notice around here, people say 'i do not mind homosexuals, as long as they dont be homosexual where i can see it'

*rolls eyes*

so it is ok for a woman and man to hold hands, hug and kiss in public, but nasty and disgusting if two men or two woman do it.

I find this so stupid that I often wonder how they cannot see how 'off the wall' they are with their attitude.

Oh i don't mind then as long as I do not have to see it?

that is like 'I am not prejudice against black people, but i do not associate with them'

*sigh*

people sadden me at times.

View Postwillowdreams, on 03 August 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

i think what bothers me is that churches/religions are so involved in politics, yet pay no taxes. If they want involved in politics and want say so in everything, pushing for laws NOT to be passed based on religion, then they need to pay taxes.

also i notice around here, people say 'i do not mind homosexuals, as long as they dont be homosexual where i can see it'

*rolls eyes*

so it is ok for a woman and man to hold hands, hug and kiss in public, but nasty and disgusting if two men or two woman do it.

I find this so stupid that I often wonder how they cannot see how 'off the wall' they are with their attitude.

Oh i don't mind then as long as I do not have to see it?

that is like 'I am not prejudice against black people, but i do not associate with them'

*sigh*

people sadden me at times.
my best friends make out all the time, i have no problem with them being gay, ive even gone to my fair share of gaybars on a nite out with my friends. alot of the things you mentioned people havent been saying in this topic.
religous people voting is completely different to the tax on churches, do you think religious people shouldn't vote

Edited by Ever Learning, 03 August 2012 - 11:18 PM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#42    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined:28 Jan 2012

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

The amount of single females in America is outrageous. These women are left to pursue things that are unfavorable.

Why we are supporting anything that deals with gay marriage when there is a bigger situation to face escapes me.


#43    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

    Bio-Electric sentient being.

  • Member
  • 9,802 posts
  • Joined:23 Jun 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Hurricane State

  • May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostUncle Pockets, on 03 August 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

The amount of single females in America is outrageous. These women are left to pursue things that are unfavorable.

Why we are supporting anything that deals with gay marriage when there is a bigger situation to face escapes me.

What is the bigger situation?  What does the number single women have to do with gay marriage. Men and women who are homosexual are not going to  pursue the same sex because there are no mates of the other sex, it is their nature to be attracted to the same sex. I dated a bi-sexual woman one time she had a partner who little interest in me.  Sigh... I am miss those girls.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#44    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Joined:30 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth, Milky Way, Local Group

  • Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostOverSword, on 03 August 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

But honestly, it will vary from congregation to congregation, but most will definetly agree that the Bible says God frowns on homosexuality, and it's a sin. Most will also agree, from my experience, hate the sin, love the sinner.  Jesus would never turn anyone away.

Unfortunately, the Bible has this to say about homosexuality:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

- Leviticus 20:13 King James Version



Posted Image

#45    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

    Bio-Electric sentient being.

  • Member
  • 9,802 posts
  • Joined:23 Jun 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Hurricane State

  • May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

Those of us who don't follow the Bible or the other two really don't care what it says. I don't live by the tenets of the Abrahamic religions.  It is not a sin, it is natural state of being.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users