Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO filmed from airline during US flight

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#16    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,616 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostKikapo, on 01 January 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but all that is, is the reflections of the passengers overhead lamps sitting across the aisle from this person. Then they turn them off.
Welcome to the Forum Kikapo ! You Hit the Nail right on the HEad ! Good observation ! Keep Looking Up ! Man !

This is a Work in Progress!

#17    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,043 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Dang. I was hoping for a flying football stadium.

#18    Nightpath

Nightpath

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

First, I'll clear a few things out. I'm an Air Force tech (Canadian) and have flown extensively in civilian and military aircraft. I'll lend a hand explaining why this isn't a light on the aircraft, or a stadium.

1 - Another passengers light it is not. As you watch the video, the external light source distances itself from the airplane. A static passenger light would remain in the same spot regardless of the angle of reflection, it would not start to appear further back in the reflection. So we know that the light source is moving slower than the aircraft.
  • The film maker blocks any chance of a successful reflection with his hand. Go to a mirror, hold a flashlight up to one side until you can see it at an angle. Turn off the light, now block it with your hand. No reflection. Common sense should dictate this.

2 - A stadium/baseball diamond, while being the best explanation, I don't believe that this is it either.
  • I've flown over many of these and the aircraft would have to be on take off or landing to view it with that shoddy camera with any particular definition.
  • The length of time that the light is in sight would mean that the aircraft is banking for several minutes. Consistent with coming around to land at an airport...but it the aircraft was banking you'd see the airport within 20-30 seconds.
  • The light stays at the same elevation in relation to the window. It remains in the top 1/3 of the window.
  • Pause it at the 17-20 second mark...the lights don't seem right for a stadium.

3 - Wing light : I can tell you, 100% beyond a doubt, from extensive work that I've done with aircraft from around the world, that there should not be any form of bright light coming off of the wing in that area on any aircraft built. There are left and right navigation lights,red  on the port and blue/green on starboard in color. There are also lights on the bottom and top of the aircraft that blink. These would not be reflected on the wing.

So there you have it, I'm not a UFO expert, but I have experience with aircraft, from working on them to flying in them, many types, at all times of the day and night. In my opinion this is either a hoax done with photo editing software, the plane was doing a long, slow bank (I don't believe this personally, but it could be possible if the pilot was doing an elliptical type of bank), or it is really a UFO. I tend to believe the latter, that it's another object in fight, going at a slower speed than the airplane.

#19    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,616 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Just Look at it again Nightpath stop the video early and Look very closley Its the overhead console reflection in the window from behind the seated person takeing the video. I`ll Keep Looking too !
Stop it at 0.14 sec`s ! Really Look

Edited by DONTEATUS, 01 January 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#20    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,521 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

A Happy New U.F.O.spotting year. It seems that everytime someone produces a vid or image of an alleged U.F.O. the sceptics come out of their hiding places and ATTACK without remorse, until its shot down in flames. Whether its another aircraft (alien or not) doesnt seem to matter. Let the professionals get to work on it then voice an opinion, because my friends one day it will be undisputedly the Real Thing.You can bet your ass on it.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#21    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,616 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 01 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

A Happy New U.F.O.spotting year. It seems that everytime someone produces a vid or image of an alleged U.F.O. the sceptics come out of their hiding places and ATTACK without remorse, until its shot down in flames. Whether its another aircraft (alien or not) doesnt seem to matter. Let the professionals get to work on it then voice an opinion, because my friends one day it will be undisputedly the Real Thing.You can bet your ass on it.
I`ll be right there on the White House Back Lawn on that day Indeed ! Cant Wait to See My Favorite Martian ! :alien: :clap:

#22    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,521 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 01 January 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

I`ll be right there on the White House Back Lawn on that day Indeed ! Cant Wait to See My Favorite Martian ! :alien: :clap:
  Hi Buddy, what makes you think the White House will be involved, I would think if these guys are swanning about they may pick on a small country to start off with like Samoa or somewhere, because if they did land on the W.H lawn the C.I.A or someone would shout "keep off the grass". hee hee.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#23    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,398 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 01 January 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

Just Look at it again Nightpath stop the video early and Look very closley Its the overhead console reflection in the window from behind the seated person takeing the video. I`ll Keep Looking too !
Stop it at 0.14 sec`s ! Really Look

Sorry D he uses the reflection from his own hand to prove it is not a reflection from inside the aircraft.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#24    Nightpath

Nightpath

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Someone saw my post but didn't read much of it. I suggest you read it again, nice and thoroughly.

#25    First-time Human

First-time Human

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• It's good to know I'm here for me

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Gotta agree with lost_shaman. The cameraman waves his hand to show his hand reflection in the window, which should block any other reflection, even on the 2 panes of plastic of an aircraft window, and if it was a stadium on the gound, surely there'd be more lights from its surroundings. The UFO is definately outside the aircraft.

Hmmmmmmm.... Interesting!

#26    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,616 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Well try to prove that its not a reflection from inside the aircraft. That hand is not even in the angle from which the panel lights are reflecting from !

#27    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,261 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Seems to me that the video shows the main wings being forward of the window where the UFO is seen. So it is not a wing light. However the angle of the video seems to be out the back at an angle of like 30 degrees from the wall, which could easily see the large tail fins on any number of passenger jets. So what I think we are seeing is a light on the left tail fin. Perhaps covered with varying amounts of ice, which would lead to the light looking like windows and to it appearing to disappear or to appear smaller. That is my guess.  The tail is usually just above the middle of the plane of the windows, so if the video is looking slightly up it very well could be the tail fin.

Is the model of the plane given anywhere? If not then if anyone can find a plane with lights on the tail fins, that will likely be the plane that he was flying in.

Edit: Well.... I went and looked up what kind of planes fly that route and mostly they are Airbus 319, 320 or 321. And I looked at those in Google Image and could not find a one with a tail light.

After reading the OP link, (and not just watching the video) I think that perhaps the reflected light from Forward of the video maker is most likely. And that the light disappeared when someone stood up.

Edit: Edit: Other planes it might be are Canadair Regional Jet 700 or CRJ 900. These do not have the low tail fins. But they do have engines mounted just behind the passenger compartment and the light could be a reflection on the engine cowling from inside the plane.

But, I think the inside reflection is more likely still.

Edited by DieChecker, 01 January 2013 - 11:59 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#28    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

fake

#29    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,667 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

It's clearly a cabin light. The guy only puts his hand over the left side of the widow. That blocks nothing. The light is coming from behind him and it's a cabin light.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#30    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

I would definitely call this one a fake!

...because of the combination of the guys [Mauricio Ruiz] past history in cooking-up obviously faked UFO images and films....

Posted Image

http://badufos.blogs...phic-style.html

here is an old thread from ATS that is pretty damning about the guys credibility...

http://www.abovetops...read349517/pg14

and this...

http://forgetomori.c...-and-mea-culpa/

....and also there's the fact that in this extended follow-up video on his own site .....

...he 'limply' tries to demonstrate that the 'event' has the added weight of being a multiple-witness case by asserting that the reason for panning the camera round the aeroplane was to reveal for a split-second "a woman that he had told about the UFO"!...Which fails to impress miserably, as he had to block out the ladies' face at her request!....However..it did reveal that no one else on the plane had obviously seen a thing!!...And let's face it...I count myself in this when I say that... if almost anyone else had spotted such an anomalous site through the aeroplane window...they would make such a commotion about the damn-thing, that 'Everybody' on board the plane would be breaking their necks to get a glimpse...and it would be a fairly-unrestrained topic of conversation that would have been easily picked up on the tape!

btw...here's a couple more examples of his handiwork ....

....guys like Ruiz ought to be banned from the internet!! <_<

Cheers.

Edited by 1963, 02 January 2013 - 02:32 AM.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users