Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK soldiers face Iraq war crimes trial

morpheas

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackleaf

• Erikl

• morpheas

• warden

I heard and saw pictures of the Iraqi people being mistreated in jail by American army officials. It was over the news for quite a while. It seems that so many of these people are harrased everywhere.. Justice must be served.

It's funny how Our Boys are being put on trial for allegedly assaulting Iraqis, whilst Islamic preachers in Britain are allowed to preach their hatred of Britain and the West and call for Muslims to become suicide bombers and kill British citizens but the police and the Government do NOTHING about them whilst they live on benefits paid for by the British taxpayer.

Colonel Jorge Mendonca didn't evenlay a finger on any Iraqi civilian, but he's being put on trial, whilst Muslims preach in Britain saying how "evil" Britain is and they aren't punished.

Wait a minute.... just WHO is the criminal?

From The Sun -

HERE are British war hero Col Jorge Mendonca and ranting cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed — and ONE faces trial.

Despite new antiterror laws, fanatical Muslim Bakri is to beat deportation from Britain due to crazy Human Rights legislation.

Yet decorated Col Mendonca faces charges with soldiers who served in Iraq.

Tory Defence spokesman Gerald Howarth raged last night: “Our country seems to have gone totally mad. Every sane person will be astonished we are prosecuting a highly-decorated Army officer when the Government has been unable to deal with Bakri’s preachings.”

Under new laws unveiled yesterday by Home Secretary Charles Clarke, firebrands whose rants incite terrorism will be booted out of Britain or banned from entering from abroad.

Bakri, 45, of Edmonton, North London — has made statements glorifying terrorists and this week blamed the British public for the London suicide murders.

Col Mendonca, 41, was decorated for his courage and leadership of the Queen’s Lancashire Regiment in Iraq.

But he is among seven soldiers charged after an Iraqi died in custody — even though HE ordered a probe.

www.thesun.co.uk

Edited by Blackleaf

If I was Prime Minister I would make sure the three soldiers are released without charge, then throw Bakri in jail. Putting British soldiers on trial like this, especially when it's obvious they are innocent, will make the Iraq insurgents very happy.

Bakri is, remember, the guy who has a flash sports car with a built-in DVD player paid for by the British taxpayer - which he uses to travel in to go to the mosque where the then spouts hatred against Britain and the British people. Sling him in jail!

Is this country crazy?

Bakri is, remember, the guy who has a flash sports car with a built-in DVD player paid for by the British taxpayer - which he uses to travel in to go to the mosque where the then spouts hatred against Britain and the British people. Sling him in jail!

I seriously hate this government angry.gif Conservative should of won. It seems the British are second best when it comes to foreigners in our country angry.gif I they ask how is racism born?

If the soldiers are guilty of the crimes that they are accused of then they must be punished accordingly. It matters not a jot what is going on in this country, it should not effect the professionalism of a British soldier.

On the other hand, if they are scapegoats for a higher power then that also has to be addressed.

War(by it very nature) brings out the worst in some and the best in others.

Nutters sometimes slip through the system and that applies to every army the world over.

If I was Prime Minister I would make sure the three soldiers are released without charge,

i would rather we had a good fair reputation as an army and that means punishing soldiers who conduct themselves in such a manner. we are better than that i believe and the fact these soldiers are being brought to justice is evidence of that.

746687[/snapback]

I've already said that Jorge Mendinca did NOTHING. It was him who ordered the enquiry into abuse in the first place.

In yesterday's Daily Mail, it said that "Should British soldiers all take lawyers with them whenever they go to war?" and an army expert said that always punishing British soldiers like this reduces the professionalism of an army that was once a feared fighting machine.

But this country must be a laughing stock if foreigners see that we tolerate British Muslims spouting anti-British bile, even given them sports cars, whilst always punishing our soldiers at every opportunity.

Two different things here.

Punishment of soliders is the right thing to do ..and then throw out that muslim preacher guy already.

All soliders in the allied countries have to play by the rules, thats just the way it is.

But it's war. Sometimes you can't play by the rules.

And I have said that some, or all, of the soldiers are innocent. Jorge Mendonca ORDERED the enquiry. So if he did something, why would he do that? Mendonca is a highly-respected and professional soldier, who got a mewdal from the Queen last year because of his bravery in Iraq. He's innocent, so why should we punish him?

However, we do nothing about this guy!

Bakri: I'd hide plotters

By PAUL THOMPSON

HATE-filled Omar Bakri Mohammed sparked new outrage yesterday by admitting he would NOT tell police if he knew extremists were planning suicide bomb attacks.

The firebrand Islamic cleric told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “If I know anybody who wants to take any action in this country, I will stop him.”

But he added: “No, I will never go to police.”

Bakri, 45, of Edmonton, North London, refused to condemn the 7/7 attacks.

He said: “Muslims are obliged to defend themselves. For them to do operations among people with whom they live side to side, Islam forbids that.

“You need yourself to leave them and live very far away from them and then fight them, that is what I believe.”

He claimed he had helped protect Britain from Islamic extremists.

But he added: “Unfortunately, after we have been banned from any activities we become completely isolated from the youth. And the youth start to go forward to somebody else abroad.”

The Sun has called for Bakri, who openly says he hates Britain but is happy to live on state handouts, to be deported.

thesun.co.uk

This guy needs someone to plant a bomb at his door ,lets see what its like when the shoe is on the other foot,he would be the first to come out screaming for protection ,get this ****** out know

HATE-filled Omar Bakri Mohammed sparked new outrage yesterday by admitting he would NOT tell police if he knew extremists were planning suicide bomb attacks.

@from the article

By making such statements hes only inviting death and nothing else.

...I don't think there is a need to trial these soldiers.

These prisnors who were supposedly tortured by the soldiers were the ones who "tortured" innocent people in Iraq.So it kinda nullifies it.

Peace

Edited by sairam_lfc

It's funny how Our Boys are being put on trial for allegedly assaulting Iraqis, whilst Islamic preachers in Britain are allowed to preach their hatred of Britain and the West and call for Muslims to become suicide bombers and kill British citizens but the police and the Government do NOTHING about them whilst they live on benefits paid for by the British taxpayer.

Colonel Jorge Mendonca didn't evenlay a finger on any Iraqi civilian, but he's being put on trial, whilst Muslims preach in Britain saying how "evil" Britain is and they aren't punished.

746566[/snapback]

Blackleaf, can you say "double standards"? tongue.gif

You accuse other countries of comitting war crimes based on baseless accusations, but ofcourse when it's all mighty and perfect Britain, it can't be true.

Long live hypocracy rolleyes.gif .

wo different things here.

Punishment of soliders is the right thing to do ..and then throw out that muslim preacher guy already.

All soliders in the allied countries have to play by the rules, thats just the way it is.

I'm signing on this post with my name thumbsup.gif.

I agree 100%.

Soldiers, because they have more powers than civilians (ie they are trained in the "art" of killing and equiped with arms) have to be punished more severley than civilians.

Blackleaf obviously have never served in the military, although he likes to talk about how his military is so great and flawless.

Take it from a soldier - if we weren't been treated so harshly, our countries wouldn't have been a democracy.

The most distinct feature of democracy over dictatorship is that serving soldiers in a democracy have less rights than civilians.

In dictatorships, such as Nazi Germany, military dictatorships in Latin America, and the Soviet Union, soldiers had more rights than non-serving civilians (and veterans were treated as "granpas" rather than ex-soldiers that can teach current soldiers on ethics).

Edited by Erikl

746566[/snapback]

Blackleaf, can you say "double standards"? tongue.gif

You accuse other countries of comitting war crimes based on baseless accusations, but ofcourse when it's all mighty and perfect Britain, it can't be true.

Long live hypocracy rolleyes.gif .

747843[/snapback]

However, the soldiers are innocent.

Much of what Israel does can never be excused. If the Israelis were in Iraq, their soldiers would dof ar worse. They would bulldoze houses, rape children, you name it.

And who decided that? judge Blackleaf? tongue.gif

Much of what Israel does can never be excused. If the Israelis were in Iraq, their soldiers would dof ar worse. They would bulldoze houses, rape children, you name it.

Rape children?! blink.gifohmy.gifangry.gif

Excuse me?! just what do you think we are?!

From where do you take this ****??

Do you even know what the IDF moral code is?

We certainly do not simply shoot at suspects that were late for the tube...

Do you think the truth will come out in the wash,this will be an army court we are talking about no.gif they tend to keep things coverd up ,just a little.

If these mn have broke the law ,no matter who they are (and even though they are in difficult suroundings ) they deserve to be punished,they are ment to be upholding the law not breaking it

Do you think the truth will come out in the wash,this will be an army court we are talking about no.gif they tend to keep things coverd up ,just a little.

If these mn have broke the law ,no matter who they are (and even though they are in difficult suroundings ) they deserve to be punished,they are ment to be upholding the law not breaking it

749466[/snapback]

Exactly.

Being that Blackleaf only likes to talk about how his country is so great but has never done anything to defend his country, he doesn't understand what military morals are about.

Besides, Blackleaf, you claim that if it was us there we would have been doing far worse than u guys... the truth is that in only 2 years u have comitted far worse atrocities than we had in the last 80 years.

You bombed mosques to drive out terrorists, you systematically bombed cities for days without discriminating between civilians and terrorists (while Israel might have killed civilians, it was always a colleteral damage when it was quite clear that Israel was targetting a specific terrorist, not bombing an entire city indiscriminately).

In Basra alone you killed 55,000 Iraqis.

In the last campaing of fighting between us and the Palestinians, that is still going on since 2000, "only" 3,000 Palestinians died, most of them while conducting hostile actions against Israeli forces\civilians. One should note that as much as 1,000 Israelis, most of them civilians, were killed.

This is going on for 5 years now.

In only two years, the UK and the US have killed about 100,000 Iraqis, while losing about 1,700 military forces (not much more than us Israelis, only that you can count on two hands the number of American and British civilians died).

Yet you don't see me posting here tons of anti-British and anti-American propaganda.

Again, double standards, Blackleaf tongue.gif.

And who decided that? judge Blackleaf? tongue.gif

Rape children?! blink.gifohmy.gifangry.gif

Excuse me?! just what do you think we are?!

From where do you take this ****??

Do you even know what the IDF moral code is?

We certainly do not simply shoot at suspects that were late for the tube...

749464[/snapback]

I know what your soldiers do. They are rapists. They rape Palestinian women and children. You accuse Palestinians of being murderers, but Israelis are rapists, and that is the 2nd worst crime you can commit after murder.