Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mayas may have made some prophecies

Still Waters

As the clock winds down to Dec. 21, experts on the Mayan calendar have been racing to convince people that the Mayas didn’t predict an apocalypse for the end of this year.

Some experts are now saying the Mayas may indeed have made prophecies, just not about the end of the world.

Archaeologists, anthropologists and other experts met Friday in the southern Mexico city of Merida to discuss the implications of the Mayan Long Count calendar, which is made up of 394-year periods called baktuns.

Experts estimate the system starts counting at 3114 B.C., and will have run through 13 baktuns, or 5,125 years, around Dec. 21. Experts say 13 was a significant number for the Mayans, and the end of that cycle would be a milestone — but not an end.

http://www.washingto...a7bd_story.html

• Like 1

Didn't really think it would be the end, maybe a change but things are changing all the time.

• Like 1

Some experts are now saying the Mayas may indeed have made prophecies, just not about the end of the world.

One of those prophecies better not include running out of chocolate, is all I can say. Are there will be an apocalypse!

• Like 1

One of those prophecies better not include running out of chocolate, is all I can say. Are there will be an apocalypse!

The ACHOCOLYPSE of 2012 :w00t:
  • Like 3

The Mayans prophecised that the end of a calender would be the start of a new age. One of their gods, Quetzacoatl was also known as the feathered serpent, and he was said to have promised his return upon the Mayan's entering a new age. 2012 is the Chinese Year of the Dragon in the cyclic animal horoscope, so could the Chinese also know about Quetzacoatl's return this year, as feathered serpent also means dragon (feathers/dragonscales look alike, or feathers represents the capacity of flight, and feathered serpent means flying serpent which is dragon)? Could Mayan prophecy coincidentally coincide with the Chinese cyclic animal horoscope or could there be a deeper understanding and mystery behind it all?

• Like 3

"Such apocalyptic visions have been common for more than 1,000 years in Western, Christian thinking, and are not native to Mayan thought" .....Pretty much sums it all up ...lol

Is this not the year they (Myan, Sumerian, Hopi, Chinese etc)and many other cultures say their Star people will return? Nibiru also is projected to make it's orbital return this year!! This article sucked....it didn't even answer it's own question....is there a reason? Perhaps.....

• Like 1

Only God knows when the end will be. Certainly not a bunch of pagans that lived a couple of thousand years ago.

• Like 1

I love the people building shelters and stocking up on stuff. If it's the end of the world that was pretty much a waste since we'll all be dead. I agree with Modest Mouse on this. As sure as planets come I know that they end and if I'm here when that happens would you promise me this my friend. Please bury me with it, I just don't need none of that Mad Max bull shhhhh

Edited by mrknownothing
  • Like 1

90% of human die, 10% continue to live and make a better world.

depending which side you're standing . the end of the world or the change of the world.

Only God knows when the end will be. Certainly not a bunch of pagans that lived a couple of thousand years ago.

'Their made up gods got nothin' on my made up god'.

• Like 2

True or not i still got to buy christmas presants. :)

Or maybe I won't buy presents and then act all surprised it didn't happen...and save myself few bucks..?

• Like 2

Or maybe I won't buy presents and then act all surprised it didn't happen...and save myself few bucks..?

Now thats an idea! :)

• 1 month later...

The Mayans prophecised that the end of a calender would be the start of a new age. One of their gods, Quetzacoatl was also known as the feathered serpent, and he was said to have promised his return upon the Mayan's entering a new age. 2012 is the Chinese Year of the Dragon in the cyclic animal horoscope, so could the Chinese also know about Quetzacoatl's return this year, as feathered serpent also means dragon (feathers/dragonscales look alike, or feathers represents the capacity of flight, and feathered serpent means flying serpent which is dragon)? Could Mayan prophecy coincidentally coincide with the Chinese cyclic animal horoscope or could there be a deeper understanding and mystery behind it all?

Did you forget to mention that the "feathered serpent" is a FALLEN ANGEL?

As in anti-Christ, anti-God?

Why pick 2012?

Is this not the year they (Myan, Sumerian, Hopi, Chinese etc)and many other cultures say their Star people will return? Nibiru also is projected to make it's orbital return this year!! This article sucked....it didn't even answer it's own question....is there a reason? Perhaps.....

yup some say the planet X, or niburu is the mother planet of the REPTILIANS, well if that is the case then FALLEN ANGELS would return and wreck havoc on earth AGAIN... lol

some new agers even call themselves "alien hybrids" aka reptilians and dragons.

is there a reason for all this?

maybe we should be thinking about our salvation...

maybe this is a final sign or boarding call for us to take this light and darkness thing seriously.

90% of human die, 10% continue to live and make a better world.

depending which side you're standing . the end of the world or the change of the world.

wow, where did you get that information from?

It sounds very much like the new age genocide the new agers are talking about,

to rid the earth of the spiritually immature,

to bring heaven on earth with the few "chosen" and "pure" ones....

how is that for LOVE AND PEACE - mass murder?

talk about hypocrisy.

Edited by araxia