Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama and the Hypocrite of the Century Award

Yamato

Before I invite a rash of likes from the partisan Republican members of this forum on a Topic Title with that much political red meat, I should add some disclaimers. I'm not the poster on this board who relies on anti-Obama content on a regular basis nor do I focus on the damage Obama is doing to my life and liberty because the threat to our liberty isn't contained by any single administration much less any single branch of government. What I do see on a regular basis are violations of our rule of law from all three branches. A derelict bipartisan Congress shirking their duties and spending money on anything else but, a hyperactive power hungry Executive playing the role of all three branches of government at once. Barack Obama is nowhere near even half the problem we face as a nation so anyone who thinks that Barack Obama should be the focus of nearly all of our attention can't even recognize the problem correctly thus are completely useless people to listen to in any honest attempt to solve it.

Republicans proved the failures they are in protecting the rule of law under George W. Bush, setting dangerous new precedents for our country that continue today. Democrats proved the failures they are in protecting the rule of law under Barack Obama, using precedents set by past Presidents to put our freedom on a course of accelerated erosion. I won't get fooled again into thinking Republicans won't fail me again when the red team is back at the switch. I don't need proof twice from the red team to acknowledge their total failure as a political body already proven once. So anyone who spends their time and word count doing little more than going after Barack Obama is no trustworthy ally of mine in defending the Constitution. Partisanship is the cancer that's destroying our liberty, our power, our prestige, our rule of law and our security all at once. Not Al Qaeda, not the Taliban, or other militants hiding in caves thousands of miles from our shores. Not even government itself. But you, the partisan voters of this country who get the exact government that you deserve.

Republicans and Democrats are the real enemy of the United States. Republicans for starting the most disgraceful unforgivable violations of the Constitution seen in the US today, and Democrats for proving themselves the fools they are for continuing them. There's no partisan hole you can hide in on my thread. There's no rock you can hide behind here. If you can't admit where the most egregious crimes of the Obama administration came from, you'll be wearing the dirt you're dumping on him.

• Like 4

Before I invite a rash of likes from the partisan Republican members of this forum on a Topic Title with that much political red meat, I should add some disclaimers. I'm not the poster on this board who relies on anti-Obama content on a regular basis nor do I focus on the damage Obama is doing to my life and liberty because the threat to our liberty isn't contained by any single administration much less any single branch of government. What I do see on a regular basis are violations of our rule of law from all three branches. A derelict bipartisan Congress shirking their duties and spending money on anything else but, a hyperactive power hungry Executive playing the role of all three branches of government at once. Barack Obama is nowhere near even half the problem we face as a nation so anyone who thinks that Barack Obama should be the focus of nearly all of our attention can't even recognize the problem correctly thus are completely useless people to listen to in any honest attempt to solve it.

Republicans proved the failures they are in protecting the rule of law under George W. Bush, setting dangerous new precedents for our country that continue today. Democrats proved the failures they are in protecting the rule of law under Barack Obama, using precedents set by past Presidents to put our freedom on a course of accelerated erosion. I won't get fooled again into thinking Republicans won't fail me again when the red team is back at the switch. I don't need proof twice from the red team to acknowledge their total failure as a political body already proven once. So anyone who spends their time and word count doing little more than going after Barack Obama is no trustworthy ally of mine in defending the Constitution. Partisanship is the cancer that's destroying our liberty, our power, our prestige, our rule of law and our security all at once. Not Al Qaeda, not the Taliban, or other militants hiding in caves thousands of miles from our shores. Not even government itself. But you, the partisan voters of this country who get the exact government that you deserve.

Republicans and Democrats are the real enemy of the United States. Republicans for starting the most disgraceful unforgivable violations of the Constitution seen in the US today, and Democrats for proving themselves the fools they are for continuing them. There's no partisan hole you can hide in on my thread. There's no rock you can hide behind here. If you can't admit where the most egregious crimes of the Obama administration came from, you'll be wearing the dirt you're dumping on him.

You are so right. Obama is not the whole problem, like some people think, it is all of the dirty politicians like Pelosi and Boehner....

I mean Pelosi and the left wing were the ones criticizing Bush's policies, and they are the one's now defending it! So it's okay to dismantle the Constitution as long as it's the "right" political party, is that it?

By the way, did you see this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIMucHfUMyg

• Like 2

Obama a hypocrite? I can't say I have heard that before... Then again, the mans name is barely mentioned these days..I mean, its not as if I would wind up hearing his name in my sleep from hearing it and seeing it so many times...Its not something that is done to death.. What's his name again? Oh yea Obama..Must write that down before I forget lol

It's nice to see a thread about him for a change... Maybe he'll become most popular now lol

The above is just humour not to be taken seriously.I am just messing... :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 3

Here we go again. I'd like to see you do better in his shoes...wait...no I wouldn't. Because you obviously don't understand the inner workings of politics.

Obama a hypocrite? I can't say I have heard that before... Then again, the mans name is barely mentioned these days..I mean, its not as if I would wind up hearing his name in my sleep from hearing it and seeing it so many times...Its not something that is done to death.. What's his name again? Oh yea Obama..Must write that down before I forget lol

It's nice to see a thread about him for a change... Maybe he'll become most popular now lol

The above is just humour not to be taken seriously.I am just messing... :P

:w00t: I know....

But, Obama did campaign that he was going to stop the things, that were happening in Bush's presidency....

He was going to have the most "transperant administration", stop the illegal wars, etc....

Now, either he lied, like every other politician out there, or he can't being change, because he's just the puppet. I don't know.

What I do know, is that the NSA surveillance of American citizens needs to stop. and so do these illegal wars.

Here we go again. I'd like to see you do better in his shoes...wait...no I wouldn't. Because you obviously don't understand the inner workings of politics.

All Obama does is campaign. A monkey could do his job...

• Like 2

But, Obama did campaign that he was going to stop the things, that were happening in Bush's presidency....

He was going to have the most "transperant administration", stop the illegal wars, etc....

Yea I know, but sadly politicians never really keep a hold of them...But something is telling me there is a lot more to this..I just cannot think what it is..?

What I do know, is that the NSA surveillance of American citizens needs to stop. and so do these illegal wars.

I agree...But I must ask, is it true they are using the surveillance to seek out terrorists? Or do I have that wrong?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

You mean not just the hypocrisy, but also the lobbying, the lies, the protectionism, the violence, criminality, immorality, insolvency and corruption, I take it. How could I give you the impression I forgot about that?! *slaps forehead*

• Like 4

You are so right. Obama is not the whole problem, like some people think, it is all of the dirty politicians like Pelosi and Boehner....

I mean Pelosi and the left wing were the ones criticizing Bush's policies, and they are the one's now defending it! So it's okay to dismantle the Constitution as long as it's the "right" political party, is that it?

By the way, did you see this video:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIMucHfUMyg[/media]

And what are the democrats doing about Obama's drone strikes now some five times as bad as his predecessor's they were so up in arms about before the blue team was in charge? *Crickets*

Crickets and more crickets. And that's what democrats are. Insects who vote foolishly in every election and ensure the greatest problems in this country only get worse. It was obvious already in 2009 that the democrats didn't really care about the war. They didn't really care about Guantanamo. About rendition, about torture, about drone strikes, about civil liberties, about the rule of law, and we can go on and on. They're a bunch of pack mules who bray at what they're told to bray about when they're told to bray about it. They're also about 50% of the problem give or take on any particular election cycle.

• Like 3

You mean not just the hypocrisy, but also the lobbying, the lies, the protectionism, the violence, criminality, immorality, insolvency and corruption, I take it. How could I give you the impression I forgot about that?! *slaps forehead*

Yamato, this might be the first post of yours I actually liked :clap:

Yamato, this might be the first post of yours I actually liked :clap:

Why don't you like the OP?

You mean hire a staff of advisers that "supposedly" don't tell him anything that's going on in the country? That's his answer to any kind of scandal, "I wasn't informed... I wasn't made aware... I first learned of this on the news...".

I lost all respect for him when he accepted a Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing but getting elected. The right thing to do would have been to decline until he'd earned it.

• Like 4

I think the position of president itself is quite corrupting. The position should be more symbolic than it is, the head of state is meant to be the countries representative on the world stage, which I think Obama does well. But these days it seems like a president is more beholden to his corporate sponsors than the electorate, a problem that's made worse by the fact that none of his cabinet were elected. That's one strength I think Parliamentary Democracy has over the American system - the heads of government departments come from either house in Parliament, and if they perform poorly they may lose their seat in the next election as a result.

The US would benefit greatly from a revision of the role of the President and a stripping of a lot of their power. They should be a representative of the best qualities of the US. Obama coming from a single parent, mixed race family and becoming a millionaire is good. Reagan demonstrating that you can't write off a B-movie actor is also good. Their actions as president, however, are both criminal and immoral. I don't think blame can be placed entirely on the presidents themselves, but on the office. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely, and although the president doesn't have absolute power (They all seem to be working on it though), they have the most, so it stands to reason that they'd be the most corrupt person in the land.

• Like 2

But Yamato, what are we the voters to do, when imo the voting process itself is corrupted (dead people voting, dogs voting, etc.)?

• Like 3

But Yamato, what are we the voters to do, when imo the voting process itself is corrupted (dead people voting, dogs voting, etc.)?

Vote for independents. Keep the republicans and democrats out of office.

• Like 3

Unfortunately lots of times, especially on the local level, the only thing on the ballot is either Dem or Rep. :(:(:(

• Like 2

What real difference does who you are voting for make anyway? You have no real notion of what sort of person they are, with all the public relations and hoopla and hype that goes on. The only time elections make sense is in caucuses where all the participants have worked together a long time.

• Like 1

What real difference does who you are voting for make anyway? You have no real notion of what sort of person they are, with all the public relations and hoopla and hype that goes on. The only time elections make sense is in caucuses where all the participants have worked together a long time.

You do have a point Frank. Although I think I do trust the libertarians and independents and tea-partiers more. :P

• Like 2

Unfortunately lots of times, especially on the local level, the only thing on the ballot is either Dem or Rep. :(:(:(

Then offer up the protest vote and refuse to vote. "Not voting" is interpreted to be a silent non-event that doesn't register and nobody notices. Not if we're loud and proud about it.

That's the idea. ;)

• Like 2

[media=]

A little early in the century to be giving out this award, isn't it?

I hereby nominate this as the best post of 2013 :tu:

• Like 2

I hereby nominate this as the best post of 2013 :tu:

I kinda liked it too. If 90+% of the voting bloc doesn't, I consider that validation.

Apartisanship should pass the spell check.

• Like 2

A little early in the century to be giving out this award, isn't it?

Call it a running total.

"Apartison" doesn't pass the spell check because we already have a perfectly good word for it, "nonpartisan."

One thing I think is kinda dumb about all the above very partisan rhetoric. Obama is not a hypocrite. Name-throwing like that only reveals a knee-jerk, emotional, mentality, not any sort of serious mindedness.

"Apartison" doesn't pass the spell check because we already have a perfectly good word for it, "nonpartisan."

Okay, so give me some examples of nonpartisan US policies today.

428px-My_Lai_massacre_woman_and_children.jpg

"Yaaay US hegemony!" --> Stupid.