Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Minnesota Iceman: Mysterious Frozen Creature

minnesota iceman steve busti museum of the weird ape-like creature

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostRafterman, on 29 June 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Very cool. I just hope that the coverage points out that the Iceman is fake - something HuffPo didn't do, but that doesn't surprise me given their love of woo.

Monstertalk did a great episode on the MIM and really delved into its sideshow roots - which was completely fascinating.

It's a true piece of Americana and I hope that folks embrace it for that aspect of it, because frankly that's much more fascinating.

Here's the link to the Monstertalk podacst.  There's also a transcript, but the podcast is much more enjoyable.

http://www.skeptic.c...rtalk/10/12/01/
the iceman is from vietnam

#32    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostRavinoff, on 05 July 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Well, in Coleman's Field Guide To Bigfoot, he identifies certain Southeast Asian reports with names I can't even begin to spell, let alone pronounce, as relics of Homo erectus or relatives. Rock apes don't come up in that particular book, and I'd be inclined to liken them more to H. floresiensis than H. erectus, but either way they'd likely be early hominids. The rock ape also has something of a similarity to the orangutan, so there's that too.
That is an interesting idea, that the Rock Apes are relate to the Floresiensis. :tu:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#33    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 31 August 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

Ditto! I see a Biggy, he's going down.......unless I'm unarmed.
You could try to Wrestle him down. Or jump him from behind with a bowie knife??

Since I don't carry a gun, I'll probably have to settle for my camera.

I'd be sure to take hundreds of pics and videos though, and cover the ground in fine detail looking for evidence. Unlike the hikers who post on YouTube who only take 10 seconds of video, OR, 2 pics.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#34    krunchy_taco

krunchy_taco

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostLabobio, on 02 July 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

kinda looks like Khloe Kardashian
Stop it. That's an insult to icemen everywhere.

I could be wrong, but wasn't this practically a latex suit encased in a huge ice cube?

Edited by krunchy_taco, 03 September 2013 - 02:24 AM.

#35    Fowlzy

Fowlzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Also ask yourself if you had the body of a Bigfoot would you display it and charge a couple of $ for people to view it or claim a million dollar reward and become a household name over night then name your price for people to see or even sell it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users