Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Wig Suggestions :-)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,942 posts

• Things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, we have to learn. People we can't live without, we have to let go.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

Hey Peeps,

My dear mate has been through having her breast removed last week- a shock as it was so quick!!

They caught the Big C in good time. But she has to have chemo and Radiotherapthy.

My pal is brilliant- we've been at hospie together, and I was there yesterday with her when they said she'll have to have full blasts and 6 months and all that jazz. She's prepared. She can take any pain, she a tough boot xx

What she is sad about, is losing her hair :-(

When we were driving back, she said she felt ungrateful as she gets to live when treatment is done, but she's gutted about her hair.

She's never worn a scrap of make up in her life. I've been her friend since 1988 and we've gone through thick and thin, and she is not at all a girly girl. But her hair is gorgeous, and that for her to feel gutted to lose that, is not being selfish, it's a part of her identity that is going to be gone for a while xx

She says she feels not a bit lopsided in her head, as she doesn't miss her right Tit, which was removed last week!! LOL xxx

But her lovely hair. She's allowed, to be a bit girly, I reckon xx

So, we've got a lot of crap over the next 6 months, together, my lovely mate and I xx

I really think, in my life eveything happens for a reason. I'm giving up the pub I love, and now I know why I needed to be a lot more free, with time.

I can take a local job, where I am there 100%. Meant to be :-)

When she starts her chemo in about 4 weeks time, I am getting my hair shaved to a Grade 1, and we are going to have wigs :-)

I can't go though her pain, but I can share the hair loss xx We're laughing about it, already. I was always the girly girl, and she's tried a little bit to dissuade me from having my head shaved, but she knows it's futile. We are in this together. She's always been there for me. You lose your hair, I lose mine  xx

So, what are your suggestions for suitable wigs- I will need to have a daytime suitable one, for everyday job wearing. Also a fun one, and I like colours, but am 45 years ols so maybe should be a tad sensible sometimes, although that's boring LOL  xx :-)

Edited by sarah snow, 21 July 2012 - 04:10 AM.

A stumbling block is merely a stepping stone you tripped over

#2    Princess Tumbleweed

Princess Tumbleweed

Poltergeist

• 2,362 posts

• "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained" Mark Twain

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

Sarah, you are a great, true friend for doing this. Sounds like your friend has a strong brave attitude about this and I'm sure she is going to pull through it because of it. As far as picking out a wig to wear, I say go for comfort make sure they are not itchy on your neck and head and light so you don't get to hot.  A fun thing would be for you and your friend to get a matching wig :)

The Mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground

Posted Image

#3    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,942 posts

• Things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, we have to learn. People we can't live without, we have to let go.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostPrincess Tumbleweed, on 21 July 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

Sarah, you are a great, true friend for doing this. Sounds like your friend has a strong brave attitude about this and I'm sure she is going to pull through it because of it. As far as picking out a wig to wear, I say go for comfort make sure they are not itchy on your neck and head and light so you don't get to hot.  A fun thing would be for you and your friend to get a matching wig :)

Hi hunny- thanks for your lovely comments, she is really brave, leaves me in awe with her positivity :yes:  Honestly, this is just payback time- she's always been there for me over the years xxxx :tu:  xxx

#4    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,800 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Respect, Sarah! How about a couple of nice, elegant 'syrups' for everyday wear and if the budget allows - two outrageous 'fun' ones? I wish your chum all the luck in the world.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#5    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

You are an amazing friend! very supportive :) i haven't seen any wig shops around though :/ sorry x
p.s. i'm in Hampshire, not sure where you are :)

Edited by Insightful Waffles, 21 July 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#6    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

You're a brilliant friend, Sarah, I think she'll be just fine with you batting for her!

I will ask my sister, who has a few wigs but I also wonder if you get wigs that can be dyed, then she can change it as and whenever she likes...

#7    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,942 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

View Postschizoidwoman, on 21 July 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

You're a brilliant friend, Sarah, I think she'll be just fine with you batting for her!

I will ask my sister, who has a few wigs but I also wonder if you get wigs that can be dyed, then she can change it as and whenever she likes...

Thanks hunny, but she's the brilliant one  xxx  It's just happened, SO quickly!! This has taken the rug from under my feet!

She knows me so well, and to be honest, we laugh all the time when we are together. When I turned up with a bowl of fruit (she's not a fan of cut flowers, and her place is filled with them LOL, but it's lovely good will, from people who care, and she'd NEVER say that xx) her eyes filled up xx She stopped that quick, as she knows she'll start me off too.....and she's just got this 6 months of crap, and then we'll be tickety boo!! :clap:

I can't tell you, how much we laughed yesterday, when I was tring to fasten her bra on, now she has one boobie and a softie!! I was crying a bit as I worried I was hurting her, and she was just literally laughing at me being upset I was hurting her as she said I wasn't!!! Ended up, us both in stiches xx  Magic moments xxx Tough Bird xx

When we lived in this village, and I got a job that would take me abroad, in 1990- we danced to this, the night I left to fly to Crete the next morning.  :

Time nor Tide, will ever divide us  xxx

I think a purple wig, as that's the signature colour for our local chemo unit, where we are going to be sometime soon  xxx

Edited by sarah snow, 23 July 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#8    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,942 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

So funny, Flower was always the one who knew the bands.

I've had a song in my head, and it bugged me, and she said "Nahh...they did Horse With No Name"

But, it is them!!

She called me up today, and said she was glad I was a couple of miles away, as if I'd known she was mowing the lawn, I'd be hoofing up her drive, and giving her rollocking!!!! :no:

She drives me MAD!! She's supposed to be resting after a major operation!!!! xxxxxx

I'm not cross, she just is pretty awesome, she always was xxxx

I'm driving her for her hospital appointment tomorrow. Bless her socks, she HATES not being able to drive. :td:

For fun wig- I'm thinking streaks of purple, vibrant pink and violet? :w00t:  xx

Edited by sarah snow, 23 July 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#9    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,800 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

Would you like me to ask Elton if he's finished with this one?

Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!

#10    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,392 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

I salute you, Sarah and wish your friend future good health.

If she's game for a laugh... one of these is a must....
https://www.google.c...iw=1360&bih=596

Edited by Eldorado, 23 July 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#11    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,092 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

Sarah, I have the utmost respect for you for standing so closely by for your friend. :tu:
Your friend will still be beautiful and you just have to keep letting her know that.

As far as wig ideas, I prefer this style....

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#12    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,800 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hey - a Chihuawig!

#13    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 23 July 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

Sarah, I have the utmost respect for you for standing so closely by for your friend. :tu:
Your friend will still be beautiful and you just have to keep letting her know that.

As far as wig ideas, I prefer this style....

Posted Image

That's got a look of a young Cilla Black.  

http://2.bp.blogspot...Cilla_Black.jpg

#14    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,800 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

View Postschizoidwoman, on 23 July 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

That's got a look of a young Cilla Black.  

http://2.bp.blogspot...Cilla_Black.jpg

Probably sings like her too!

#15    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:53 AM

I think its great you are standing by her and being supportive.  Someone like you makes a difference in surviving something like cancer.  She's lucky to have a friend like you many people don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users