Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This is what Jesus looked like, apparently

seeder

OK you can reconstruct a face from a skull, forensics do it al the time, but without a skull, its just guesswork isnt it? Anyway...

Is this the REAL face of Jesus? Forensic experts use ancient Semite skulls to reveal what Christ may have looked like

Retired medical artist recreated the face of a man, living at the same time and place as Jesus, using forensic techniques and passages from the Bible

Portrait shows the Son of God with a wide face, hazel eyes and a beard

He is also depicted as having short curly hair and a tanned complexion

The 'reconstruction' was based on three Semite skulls found in Israel

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3359548/Is-real-face-JESUS-Experts-use-forensics-reveal-Christ-looked-like.html#ixzz3uKZcRifD

• Like 1

Reminds me of Alan Sugar:

article-1316206-00EB669400000190-516_306x423.jpg

• Like 1

Yes this is old news. I'm sure some southern folk do not want to picture him like that? They want the mullet Budweiser swigging Jesus.

Even if Jesus was real, the myth is pretty much all we have today.

• Like 2

next they'll be making a full 3d print of his skeleton

Unicorn riding instead of an Ass.

Yes this is old news. I'm sure some southern folk do not want to picture him like that? They want the mullet Budweiser swigging Jesus.

Even if Jesus was real, the myth is pretty much all we have today.

*AHEM!!! Cough cough...*

<<<<< :innocent:

• Like 2

He looked like a caveman to me.

Perhaps a Captain Caveman?

• Like 1

Jesus-Caveman.jpg

I'm full of joy! They were saved from extinction!

Praise Yabba Dabba Yeshua!

• Like 2

The reconstruction is good -- right ethnicity and right age. The standard Jesus is too European and too old.

• Like 2

That sure makes the shroud of Turin look wrong.

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 2

A particular illustration of Jesus' face has surfaced on the internet and is attracting quite a bit of traffic and comments. Richard Neave, a medical artist retired from the University of Manchester in England, drew the "real" face of Jesus, based on a skeletal discovery from British scientists, assisted by Israeli archaeologists. This image is now believed to be the most accurate image of the most famous face in human history, differing significantly from the traditional depictions of Jesus in Renaissance art.

http://www.gospelherald.com/articles/60618/20151214/jesuss-face-drawn-by-medical-artist-based-on-forensic-anthropological-research-trends-on-news.htm

It's a medical artists impression of what a small group of individuals claim to be the remains of a fictional character! There is no solid proof to say the the tomb contained Jesus and his family, the whole tomb story is based on assumptions and guesswork!

So the truth is....its an artists impression of an unknown man from around 2000 years ago!

• Like 5

I've seen that image before, so how is this news?

It's news because the image and artist behind it have resurfaced on the net. A lot of news sites are currently covering this even though the image was drawn at least 13 years ago.

As seen in this CNN news article dated Thursday, December 26, 2002 -

http://edition.cnn.c.../25/face.jesus/

Yes, it's old news, I've even posted this image before, but I think it's still interesting. If this image were posted in churches, what would be the reactions of the congregations?

• Like 2

Already posted, but thanks Ghost Ship your interest and for the thread. :) Double posting like this happens, and they're sometimes combined, so no harm done.

• Like 1

"I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo t-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party."

serveimage_url_http_25_media_tumblr_com_tumblr.jpg

• Like 1

My friends, I'm no Christian by any stretch of the imagination, but how he looked is far less important than what he said. And what he said, in a nutshell, was - love is real.

• Like 1

It's Christmas, this story resurfaces every year around this time. At least that is what it feels like :) It's like "Easter has pagan roots in fertility rites" turns up around the April time each year. It's not "new" news, but in case someone hasn't heard it, it becomes popular.

• Like 2

This is a more recent photo.

post-30090-0-18749400-1450331297_thumb.j

Edited by AtlantisRises
  • Like 1