Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dizziness around older objects

mnbutterfly

I am not saying this is a psychic ability or anything, but has anyone experienced anything like this before? This happens when I am around older objects. I know it sounds a little crazy. Lol. I also think I can feel another person's energy. I usually determine within a few minutes of meeting them what kind of person they are. Sometimes a person's energy can make me sick. I appreciate any responses and I love this page. It is so refreshing to know there are open minded people out there.

I have heard of things like this before I do remember a story of a person who could see auras and one day went to get on a plane and noticed all the peoples auras had turned black so the person was to frightened to get on the plane crashed and some of the people died so meeting people and getting a gut reaction is quite common more people can do it but don't realize or act upon it. So if its strong reactions then I would look around and find some good books on the subject and learn how to use your ability further, remember some people even though they don't know it will drain your energy and make you feel sick anyway try and find some of Dawn Hill books they are always a good read. Anyway welcome to UM and I hope you find what your searching for. :tu:

• Like 1

I am not saying this is a psychic ability or anything, but has anyone experienced anything like this before? This happens when I am around older objects. I know it sounds a little crazy. Lol. I also think I can feel another person's energy. I usually determine within a few minutes of meeting them what kind of person they are. Sometimes a person's energy can make me sick. I appreciate any responses and I love this page. It is so refreshing to know there are open minded people out there.

Well of course ... I better sit across the room far from you then ....

~feelin' better ?

• Like 1

There is a theory that objects can record memories. So when a certain person more sensitive to picking up these "vibrations" passes near or touches them, they can pick up emotions, presences, or memories of the past.

• Like 1

I take blood pressure medicine and its causes me to get dizzy when I get up fast. Do you suppose the two might be related?

I take blood pressure medicine and its causes me to get dizzy when I get up fast. Do you suppose the two might be related?

Are you saying your an old statue frank? :o

• Like 2

I used to know someone who had/did almost exactly what you described,went to a museum twice with her and she would get all strange and start telling me about energy and everything.I couldnt explain it but she really did get weird when there.Anyway welcome to UM!

• Like 1

Old statue? Naw, just old.

:lol:

Well I at least try to be old and 'statuesque' ... at least the dizziness caused would be of the 'pleasant' nature

Maybe the statues are made of metallic compounds that "trap" ambient magnetic waves from the ground. This could make you feel ill if you are allergic to ambient magnetic waves. As for the paintings, hmmm, could be mold in them perhaps that you are breathing in.

• Like 1

Museums with really old genuine artifacts are few in Vietnam; the French when they were here raped the country of all those things. You have to go to Paris to see them. Here we just have war museums: no thank-you.

Thank you for the welcome all. I currently don't have high blood pressure or take any medicine, but thanks for trying to help. This only happens when I get around older objects and not just in museums. It's not just dizziness, but I can feel energy too. I think Criptic Cameleon and AliveInDeath7 might be on to something. CrimsonKing thanks for sharing and it's good to know that I am not the only one who experiences something like this. Thanks to all and so glad I joined this page. Frank, sorry don't have any good museums in your area. That really is too bad.

I recommend doing some "blind" taste tests hehe. Have a close friend blind fold you, and take you to two differeny museums...one with like modern art....and another with the old nausea inducing stuff.... you probably get where this is going. Have them record your overall reactions as they walk you through not saying anything about the contents you are strolling through.

• Like 1

Yes, blindfold and make your friend approach random objects to you, see if you can "feel" if it's an old or new object. If fails, it means that your mind is playing trick when you see old and not smooth textures. Old wood, for example, generates weird smells.

You don't feel other people's energy :| You smell their smell, you feel their heat, and you're sick because of their deodorant...

this thread is getting kinky .... and I likes it :D

Does it also work like this......the older you get the dizzier you'll become ?

btw hi and welcome

I will have to try the blindfold experiment. I actually do feel energy and sometimes it's really good energy and sometimes it's extremely bad. See, I am not even close enough to smell an object. Quit frankly and I know this is gross, but the museum we went to last time, someone was letting out gas the whole time. Lol. We got out of there fast.

I will have to try the blindfold experiment. I actually do feel energy and sometimes it's really good energy and sometimes it's extremely bad. See, I am not even close enough to smell an object. Quit frankly and I know this is gross, but the museum we went to last time, someone was letting out gas the whole time. Lol. We got out of there fast.

how was you so sure it was "gas" and not the "energy" of the exhibits in the museum ?

• Like 1

Ha, ha.. Mainly because it doesn't come to me in smells normally. I think the last time I smelled something that might not have been alive was at a historical home. My husband smelled it too, it was a urine smell in the basement. There was no plumbing in this house so Idk, maybe someone used the bathroom down there at one point, not sure.:/

• Like 1

Just Have your friend explain to the curator/gate keepers in advance that you are doing a small project for class or something, just in case they are on edge about having a blind folded person being guided around.

It would be a neat experiment regardless of the result. Imagine if it ended up being some type of chemical or element present in older metal/plater or whatever, that you have some kind of allergy to. There could be a lot of explanations, all of which would propbably be quite interesting!

• Like 1

keep in mind that not all exhibits in museums are authentic ..... most are replicas

I like flea markets and antique exhibitions ...

I once got a chance to get close to a sword that was wielded by a famous ancient China general/warrior, got to touch it even, by touch its only metal and ivory and gems.

But the 'sensations' I felt was totally beyond just 'feeling' ... I think that is similar to what mnbutterfly is describing.

• Like 2

Thanks for the tips CakeOrDeath. Third_eye, I am pretty sure the items at the museums I have been going to are authentic because of the feeling I get from them. I trust my own feelings and I know I am not crazy or allergic to anything. I know no one is saying I am crazy, but I just thought I'd throw that out there. Lol. Plus, there are always museum guards making sure no one touches anything or gets too close. I guess how I feel is hard for anyone to believe if they aren't me. I guess I posted this because I wanted to know if anyone had experienced anything similar. I don't question it, but thank you all for the great advice and I am still going to try that blindfold test. I think I will try that tonight.

• Like 1

So tonight I tried the experiment. My husband collects all kinds of books. We have a rather big library of books. He took out the older book from the 1920's. Then I grabbed one of the newer books I just recently bought for him. He blindfolded me. I was able to pick out the older book not once, but three times. Not only that I felt the need to open this book after I took my blindfold off. There were three pictures in this book that my husband did not know about. I guess one of his past relatives stuffed them in book. It was so, so weird, but it was kind of neat too. Never, ever could I imagine this would happen. Call it a coincidence maybe.. We will continue this test in the future and post updates on how this goes.

• Like 1