Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SCANIA Hit! Listen to the robot tell my tale!

Malaria_Kidd

Worldwide lorry drivers tell tall tales, and 95% of them are true. We take most with a grain of salt of which some may be transporting that too. I bought and still own a SCANIA for transporting the best trees Mother Nature can grow.

In 1989 I was loaded with International Veneer Company's Illinois white oak headed to South Hill, Virginia a 760 mile trip. The near perfect logs were individually tagged and waxed. It was 4:00 am as I pulled into the first rest area out of Tennessee at the North Carolina line east of Waterville.

There was one spot left on the end next to a grassy median. Cars on the right and lorries on the left. I pulled straight in and set the brake on my Swedish lorry. One of 600 imported to the USA, and the only one with an aluminum tubing and wire brush guard.

I ate some cakes with milk, and to my amazement I perked up quickly. I noticed a lorry coming in with his lights on bright then stopping to my left behind me. I said on the CB radio, " I'm ready to leave now you can have my spot." He said nothing so I reversed moving 80,000 lbs 6-8 feet. I stopped like hitting a wall!! I'd hit the front of a lorry that was mostly blocking the car entrance. I didn't see it pull in behind me! I got a sick feeling as I jammed the brake. The damage was done and I had 1.5 million safe miles.

I got my flashlight and wondered if there was a long log hanging over a bit. I couldn't remember. There was no overhang, AND there was no damage to the truck I'd just slammed! I lit it up,....nothing,....the radiator should have been in the fan,...it shouldn't be running,....it was! I rubbed my hand over the smooth white metal. I looked for anti-freeze under the motor,....none anywhere! The Caterpiller motor had it's familiar sound. It was in perfect shape and I was stunned!

The driver was in the rest area building and never came out during my wide eyed investigation. I kept saying to myself, "What do I tell him? I've hit your lorry but there's no damage?" To my left a lorry rig left a space open, and I pulled left to park there.

It was breaking dawn as I looked at the white new cabover Freightliner sitting there running. I laid my head down over the wheel to rest,...to wait. It was gone when I woke up 15 minutes later! I still think about this every day and night!

________________________________________________________________________________

Folks? Hit an aluminum soda can with a hammer. If you cannot dent it that is what happened to me, wide awake and impossible to do!

Like my UK friends have said. This could have been an angelic intervention delaying my trip, and avoiding an unknown danger in perfectly good driving weather! That is the only explanation I understand, but some have said it was a ghost driver's ghostly lorry. But at least I did touch it and there was form to touch.

Our little company was paying for random drug testing by a Connecticut company called Foley Laboratory Services, Inc. I did not take anything to stay awake. This was NOT a hit and run. Remember, I was wide awake at the time this happened! Near the North Carolina border with the mysterious Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

This is my personal experience of, "What in the heck happened that morning??"

MK Cody in Indiana :tu:

From Mysterial's little red radio you can listen to the robot's voice tell everything above the line. Click on Power and advance using Next to The Story of the Week, SCANIA Hit! I give many thanks straight to Mark Elvidge-Administrator of Mysterial.

The red radio on your pc screen...

http://www.theparanormalnews.com

A red SCANIA with logs from Sweden...

http://theparanormalnews.com/Archives/

New link:

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 2

Maybe it was just a damn well built truck. Besides it was the guy's own fault for parking behind you. :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Corp,

Hey thanks for your nice comment! I went from 0 views at 3:00 AM to 104 over twelve hours later! That's super from a super paranormal web site! All day long I was in one of that brand of truck. They are great at keeping the wind and rain outside. For the last two weeks I was in two new Volvos hauling coal. The two are as different as daylight and dark when it comes to cab strength. All lorry hoods or bonnets n bumpers are the same, unless protected with bull bars/big brush guards like my SCANIA sitting outside the house. That morning I was protected up front if some careless lorry driver backed into me. That morning I was the careless one, but I came out smelling like a rose. B):blush:

I gave this true story to Mark at Mysterial with his robot standing by. I nearly turned a flip when he did that for me! :rofl: Trying to tell this on America's Coast to Coast AM got a bit weird. The famed Asheville, North Carolina ghost hunter, Joshua P. Warren and the show's host George Noory, would be chatting in my phone on hold. Three different nights over some few months time when he was a guest; with a great cell signal I would hear the line go dead!! :unsure2: Many other times trying never worked either when I was on hold. Their famous Open Lines got me in easily on other specific topics. Joshua lives near where this story occured. LOL So Mark Elvidge put it on his red radio playing SCANIA Hit! 24-7! :D

I get chatty after a shift in the lorry. :blush:

MK Cody in Indiana :yes:

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
  • Like 1

LOL I wouldnt question my good luck, Id simply say a thank you to the powers that be, and promise to do random acts of kindness as my way of thanking my lucky stars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LOL I wouldnt question my good luck, Id simply say a thank you to the powers that be, and promise to do random acts of kindness as my way of thanking my lucky stars.

MirrorImage,

I like that good advice very much. I have said thank you a lot to the powers that be. I have been doing subtle and open acts of kindness, and as a credit to you I will do more of the same!

When we do thank our lucky stars. Don't forget to look up at night when we thank them all. With luck one might see a Fast Walker zipping along below them at a high rate of speed.

Near Mt. Rushmore? I have been there. When nearing the area the drama builds as you see the tops of their heads along the hightway! B)

In a PDQ edit...

Looks like two of my lucky stars fell off the line. True stories have a tough time in the real world crammed full of paranormal happenings to us all. :lol:^_^

A big thanks to whoever voted for five stars in my life's reality. :D :D :D

MK Cody in Indiana

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

My true story took place West of Asheville, North Carolina. This paranormal themed web site is from there. I just want to show everyone how a true story is doing views wise. The two nice comments here is something for me to really appreciate. Thanks again MirrorImage and Corp! :D

I have thanked my lucky stars many times since then!

It's owned & operated by famed ghost hunter/ufologist Joshua P. Warren's L.E.M.U.R. Team. Over all it's a slow mover but an interesting place with plenty of ghost posters. Here today posting their one post and then gone tommorrow never to appear again. LOL

http://users.boardnation.com/~shadowboxent...y;threadid=1605

http://users.boardnation.com/~shadowboxent/index.php?board=4

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
  • Like 1

What about a bumper bar at the back? It could have hit the other one low and hit some metal that didn't dent much or at all, if that's not the case I have no idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What about a bumper bar at the back? It could have hit the other one low and hit some metal that didn't dent much or at all, if that's not the case I have no idea.

Blueguardian,

Lots of factory made log trailers do have a huge push bar. The owners, out logging, get stuck in the mud a lot! :lol: I thank you for your action that puts L.E.M.U.R. Team posters in the mud with their inaction. ;)

I had a bar on the 1977 Hobbs trailer but it was made for loading oil field pipe. It was at the top, of all places. It should have crunched the aluminum cab's front and grill. It was an unusual case and I am with you as having no idea. My English friends have given this their best ideas. Intervention by spirits unknown, and how would they know I was going to back up? A ghost driver's truck, that I touched, seemed all too real at that time. There are many ghostly car and truck stories in the UK.

My trailers top bar was great for pushing huge veneer logs onto the rear that front end loaders could not pick up. It kept the bark from being removed. The rounded top should have really gotten the best of the front of the Freightliner!! I did look for match ups to the metals and there was not the slightest ding! I have been stunned since April of 1989.

Your post made my night! :D

MK Cody in Indiana :yes:

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
  • Like 1

I had a simiar thing happen to me in a DAF 7.5 tonner, i backed into a 3ft high kerb/wall in a yard but not a scratch on either of em! Nearly gave me whiplash though :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had a simiar thing happen to me in a DAF 7.5 tonner, i backed into a 3ft high kerb/wall in a yard but not a scratch on either of em! Nearly gave me whiplash though :D

warrington ghost hunter,

That's nice to read and we have something in common. I know a DAF is a famous lorry brand name. Cool B) story and we live and learn. Years back I stopped the veneer log rig for lunch in Altenburg, Missouri on it's narrow main street. To get over closer to the curb while backing, I backed into a fire hydrant. A very yellow fire hydrant! I knew it was back there but it came up to hit me waay to quickly! Ha! Ha! There was no obvious witnesses and my red face may have stood out being a past Indiana fire chief. :lol::o:blush:

Lucky for me only one slack adjuster for the left rear trailer brake was bent. The big steamer cap on the hydrant had it's paint chipped on the wrench nut. ^_^

If you ever visit the old German immigrant's village. Don't tell on me! :whistle::blush:

I appreciate your post adding to my brighter day, and it's sunny outdoors! :D:unsure:

MK Cody in Indiana

:unsure: Hey it's a lesson, from the paranormal, for us all. Always walk to the rear to look before you back up. Your grandchild maybe asleep over his/her handlebars of their tri-cycle sitting behind your rear bumper! Or just sitting in the driveway playing quietly with toys..... :o:blush::no:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here is a picture of something of mine that went bump in the night. The red line at the left side of the brush guard is a fiberglass ladder's leg. Bumping this thread just puts more proof in one picture of a thousand word story. The actual Hobbs trailer used to bump the white Freightliner lorry is hauling big logs every day of the week.

DSCN5461.jpg

If you are from America and you remember seeing this same lorry running in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, North Carolina, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, or Arkansas just drop me a line here.

The 3-M Company, the makers of Scotch Tape, mismatched two stripe kits we bought for the truck. We never paid any money for either including the price for professional decal installation. ;)

MK Cody in Indiana :)

Edited by Malaria_Kidd
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Last Wednesday evening a Toyota parts trucking trip allowed me to pass thru western North Carolina on Intersate 40 East of Waterville, Harmon Den Road and thru two tunnels. At the 10 mile marker a rest area sign for my sore eyes came into view.

So my non accident was not really that close to the Tennessee State line. :blush:

I hoped there would be at least one parking spot for my Falcon International tractor with it's 53 foot trailer. Low and behold there was just one spot left on the West end!

The parking lot was exactly the same to the left of the newer welcome center. Everything else was all re-done including an enlargement for parking. The grounds were landscaped nicely. For me there was an air about the place. :innocent:

To my amazment there was another rest area across the highway that I did not remember. In 1989 I thought I remembered a rock wall there with chain link fencing placed high to keep rocks from falling on the pavement. I bet it was there at that time and I failed to even notice it after my experience! :blink:

Since the Kersey, Pennsylvania veneer log haulers told me to stay in Virginia to get to South Hill. I had not been back that way in twenty years. My memory of the curvy section of I-40 leading to the North Carolina Welcome Center was all fuzzy.

I got an empty bottle of 5 Hour Energy and with my knife I broke the soil loose near the curb. I filled the bottle with soil right from the spot where I hit the Freightliner.

I was glad to be back there! :tu:

MK Cody Indiana :yes:

I heard a great show last night on Coast to Coast AM. Joshua P. Warren was on with George the last hour!

What an eye opener for my sore truckin' eyes! :w00t:

From Coast's daily Newsletter.... :alien:

Last hour guest, paranormal investigator Joshua P. Warren shared updates on some of his latest projects, including his testing of a " psychotronic wheel," which showed some telekinetic properties under glass. Joshua, who has a new book just out, The Secret Wisdom of Kukulkan, will be making one-hour weekly appearances on C2C, George announced.

Edited by Malaria_Kidd

• 3 weeks later...

Here is low down dirt on this twenty year old paranormal story from the mysterious mountains of Western North Carolina. This soil sample was taken from the grassy median next to the space where I hit the lorry. :o

5hour_nc.jpg

^_^

Edited by Malaria_Kidd

• 5 months later...

Hi MK, I think I would be counting my lucky stars. You were obviously tired as you say you fell asleep :sleepy: . Imagine what could have happened had you set on your journey... you could have fallen asleep at the wheel :unsure2: Maybe he was an Angel in disguise ;)

Wacky B)

• Thanks 1

Hi MK, I think I would be counting my lucky stars. You were obviously tired as you say you fell asleep :sleepy: . Imagine what could have happened had you set on your journey... you could have fallen asleep at the wheel :unsure2: Maybe he was an Angel in disguise ;)

Wacky B)

wj,

:sleepy: Yes sleep came but just 15 minutes worth. As I waited and waited for the white lorry to leave the welcome center. :mellow: I always wished I had not napped over the wheel missing that lorries departure.

I would like to think pure luck had a hand in my non accident, but it was pure paranormal wj! In the form of an Angel Guide that held me up I do believe. That is what my UK friends have suggested from their own experiences so weird. :w00t: I may have repeated myself in this dusty thread at UM.

Mark is bringing back up the stories told by robots in about a week. Our pc was buggy and the repair man had to clean it all out. So Mark sent us another "zip file" for SCANIA Hit! :D The little red radio at Mysterial is linked well above here. His robot has been on holiday in the Azores. :whistle:

Yep, being up all night always has me typing too much! :lol:

Thanks for your post up wj! :)

MK Cody in Indiana

Ya, great story, except I've never, ever heard a trucker in Canada or the U.S. call a truck, a 'lorry'. A rig, a semi, a transport ya, but never a lorry. If you're going to make up stories, at least get the local terminology down.

• Haha 1

Ya, great story, except I've never, ever heard a trucker in Canada or the U.S. call a truck, a 'lorry'. A rig, a semi, a transport ya, but never a lorry. If you're going to make up stories, at least get the local terminology down.

Well it just so happens pc that about the only place where I have had positive feedback has been the UK. In my old long gone accounting of SCANIA Hit! at T.A.P.S. web site in Providence, RI. I always wrote truck. You must have missed it there. :lol:

This story happened exactly like you read it at the top of page one. And I do want to thank you for the post up getting it to page two. :tu:

You gotta love a skeptic of the paranormal, eh? :wub:

:sleepy:

• Like 1

"Waxed logs", "cakes and milk", "lorries"? I don't know where you're from, but its not Illinois, or anywhere else in the U.S.. These just are not American expressions -- believe me, over half of American truckers wouldn't know what a 'lorry' is, moreless use the term.

• Haha 1

"Waxed logs", "cakes and milk", "lorries"? I don't know where you're from, but its not Illinois, or anywhere else in the U.S.. These just are not American expressions -- believe me, over half of American truckers wouldn't know what a 'lorry' is, moreless use the term.

Ah hah! You don't know American truckers very well. I am sure they would not use the term. Unless they had a paranormal story to tell in the UK. We could banter a guess many would have relatives in Scotland where Unexplained Mysteries originates. They would know and other relatives in European countries know it well. The term is from a famous brand of English truck no longer made called LORRY, but you knew that all along. That dependable truck served the Allies well in World War Two.

Most American veneer companies wax high priced, export quality, hardwood logs from Spring to Fall. The ends and areas where the bark is missing gets waxed. I used the term "waxed" loosely I suppose.

When they are yarded up prior to transport. It keeps the wood borer insects from making tiny holes to lay their eggs inside the wood. It also keeps the wood's water inside to prevent drying. Holes in wood veneer slices devalue the finished product. :no:

Milk and cakes then! :lol: Your close, Indiana. :D I write way too much after being up all night. Catch your struttin' later prairie chicken.

You just gotta love a skeptic of the paranormal. :wub:

I just want to know why you keep bumping this story - it's not paranormal, nor is it very interesting to begin with. You (may have) bumped into another truck, no damage. Less than exciting.

You have to love a believer who thinks every little thing is paranormal! :wub:

Edited by Moonie2012
  • Confused 1

I just want to know why you keep bumping this story - it's not paranormal, nor is it very interesting to begin with. You (may have) bumped into another truck, no damage. Less than exciting.

You have to love a believer who thinks every little thing is paranormal! :wub:

A Minnesotan, eh! B) May have bumped? How about slammed for a Moonie skeptic! <_<

Well let's gang up on old me. :sleepy: I do take you read it & maybe heard the robot tell this so long ago and you have had your opinion too of something causing the possible not to happen. The world's largest mysteries web site has other guardian angel stories as well as mine. ^_^

Mark Elvidge of Mysterial even had his robot tell it for well over a year. I hear the robot is going back to work telling all kinds of mysteries. I take it you are familiar with our stand-ins at the U.S. National Weather Service? It sounds just like 'em. Mark was a believer of the impossible like me and I have to go to the lorry. ;)

Mr.Moon, You must have been waiting too long for the loo... :lol::w00t:

Now we've found two who are skeptics of the paranormal! Just gotta luv 'em, eh? :wub:

Edited by Malaria_Kidd

Tell your "robot" that this story isn't paranormal, and even if it drones on about it for 100 years it doesn't make it any more paranormal.

There was no "guardian angel" involved or needed (unless trucks have them). There was no threat of injury. There was no threat of death. If guardian angels exist I would imagine they have better things to do than prevent trucks from bumping into one another in a parking lot.

It doesn't even sound like you can actually prove you hit it - I would assume you pulled forward a little after you "hit the wall" to inspect the damage. Do you have proof that the "wall" you hit was the other truck, and not some random mechanical hiccup in your own truck?

You didn't find someone skeptical of the paranormal - you found someone skeptical of the reason behind bumping a boring fender-bender story over and over and claiming it magical.

Edited by Moonie2012
  • Confused 1

Tell your "robot" that this story isn't paranormal, and even if it drones on about it for 100 years it doesn't make it any more paranormal.

There was no "guardian angel" involved or needed (unless trucks have them). There was no threat of injury. There was no threat of death. If guardian angels exist I would imagine they have better things to do than prevent trucks from bumping into one another in a parking lot.

It doesn't even sound like you can actually prove you hit it - I would assume you pulled forward a little after you "hit the wall" to inspect the damage. Do you have proof that the "wall" you hit was the other truck, and not some random mechanical hiccup in your own truck?

You didn't find someone skeptical of the paranormal - you found someone skeptical of the reason behind bumping a boring fender-bender story over and over and claiming it magical.

Where do I start? Mark's robot told this for me on Mysterial's red radio. I had weird times trying to tell it on Coast to Coast AM. I could get in with other topics, but trying to tell this was a no go. I will defend this truth till my last day. Say what you want but I know the paranormal first hand. A hand so big placed in such a way as to prevent me from going on down into near-by Asheville close to rush hour. Again I back what so many of my UK friends have suggested. They have helped me with this for many years. Thank you all!

Good luck with your paranormal experiences to come and be more open minded to my reality that surely will be here for a long long time. It's paranormal to me. Thanks Mark!!

Far more here believe in Angel Guides than not. :tu:

It is a labor of love once more... :wub:

So in other words, you CAN'T prove you hit it - and now it supposedly had the purpose of keeping you out of town during rush hour? Reading a little deep into it and adding a ton of conjecture, don't you think?

And who cares what people in the UK have to say about it? They weren't there and had nothing to do with it.

Seriously, you haven't shown a single reason for thinking this was paranormal. You can believe what you want, but if you're going to make claims here, at least have the courtesy to back them up with some reasoning.

Edited by Moonie2012
  • Confused 1

What's with you up there? Is it the constant cold? Living just below God's Country, which is Canada!

Are there any folks from the UK who have had many good experiences, some life altering/saving from their Guardian Angel watchers? My inquiring mind wants to know. Just stop in and say hello to ole MK, PDQ! We have a member from Minnesooda who does not know about them. Should we show him what is what? A skeptic is so funny most of the time. :P:yes: Michael Shummer, editor of Skeptic Magazine, comes to mind now. :lol:

I am about to have a change of hearts... :blush:

The uninformed are so plentiful and what are we to do? :lol: :lol: :lol: Tisk! Tisk! :ph34r: Ho! Ho! Ha! Ha!

I really don't have a clue.... :no:

Edited by Malaria_Kidd