Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Global warming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Damion

Damion

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 08:40 PM

I was just reading an artical on cnn and thought about mars and put the 2 together to get this thought on the whole global warming issue. It has probably been said before, but just wanted to get other thoughts on it.

I am going to use mars as an example... it is at it's closest state in 60,000 years, and there are reports of it's caps melting... with that in mind why is it that everything has to be due to emissions and stuff that we as humans are producing and not just be the cycle of the way things are... Mars moves closer to us, just as we move closer to other plantes like the sun... I am not saying that we are not causing it to heat up in a much faster rate, but just saying that it is the natural cycle of things.

#2    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 03 September 2003 - 08:29 PM

Ice ages and Thaws are the natural order of things - human caused global warming, is just a footnote to it really. I'm reading Graham Hancocks "Underworld" at the moment and that has some interesting things to say on the subject (ice ages, not global warming). It's too much to repeat here, especially as i'm going off topic, but i advise you read it as it is quite facinating

never take me too seriously

#3    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:00 PM

I've read recently where sun spot activity and atmospheric temperature changes are closely related. I wish I could remember the specifics because it coincided with the most recent increase in sun spot activity and the onslaught of the global warming chatter, curious disgust.gif  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users