Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I'm confused need help and NEW

Rina20

We're do I begin 2 nights ago I was awake it was around 2:00am my body began to vibrate and I couldn't move or talk but my eyes were open now it scared me to death I thought I was dying now next to my bed is my daughters crib when my body start to vibrate I couldn't see her crib it was like a black mass or shadow . Now fast forward this morning again my daughter woke up I could see here playing next to me but I couldn't move my body was vibrating I panicked I'm scared to sleep my family is saying its a seizure but it doesn't feel like that I'm awake and it feels like a dream does anybody have a idea ?

Right off the top, there are many different types of seizures and you need to get checked out by a doctor to make sure that's not it.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with LeahG., please go to a doctor and get checked for seizures. Stay safe and we're all hoping for the best for you!

I talked with my doctor the have never heard of that and I'm not in pain when it happens I've just never felt vibrations like that I did some research on sleep paralysis and astral projection and what I felt was very common to those two things !

I talked with my doctor the have never heard of that and I'm not in pain when it happens I've just never felt vibrations like that I did some research on sleep paralysis and astral projection and what I felt was very common to those two things !

Yes, it is similar but you should always rule out the logical or the more dangerous before looking else where. It is quite common to have a buzzing sensation just before you wake and no, it doesn't happen all the time. It's between REM sleep and a sudden awakening. There is a quiver to it too or a shaky feeling, the first few times it can be alarming.

Not that I know too much about it, but it must be very alarming.

I do know of similar occurrences, though.

Your safest bet is to get medical help. I do not know your place, but it would be better if you could get a brain scan, by a medical doctors supervision. This should show up any causative lesion(s), if there are any. By lesion, there are a range of possibilities, but a brain scan should discover any one of them.

That you are awake, and aware does not point, necessarily to a paranormal event. The body is extremely complicated, and you should not be surprised at rare events.

If your scan gets reported to be clear, the next step is to investigate for toxins. There are internally produced ailments. Ie. A range of blood tests can determine if there are changes to your chemistry. Some illnesses produce poisons about which, you may be unaware.

Then, if that produces clear results, a doctor will check, again by taking blood from you, whether you have taken in any external toxins. This may not necessarily be sinister, but chance, or accidental.

Eventually, all medical analysis, may lead to psychiatric assessment. You should not be frightened by this, there are some extremely mysterious symptoms, suffered under this heading, so do not jump to any conclusions.

Be as fast as you can, make it a priority. Whatever is going on, speed is vital for best outcomes. Stay pessimistic, do not jump to conclusions.

If you are remote from medical help, try and reach it. Drink clean water, check a pure course. Please do arrange continuous child care, check what is around, especially near your food. Check your diet for anything new, or unusual, especially metals, pans, containers and chemicals. Arrange to be continuously accompanied, and for anyone locally who may have similar oddities. Stay away from machinery, don't drive and stay in a generally safe situation. Diarise events.

I wish you the very best.

Regards.

• Like 2

This is no seizure. It never hurts to check, but this a classic sleep paralysis event. Everything you described is text book. There are a lot of factors that can cause this. in your case my guess it is your odd sleeping hours from haveing a baby/toddler around. You will be fine. If it happens again try and relax, then close your eyes, then roll them up into your head. This will break the paralysis and sheild you from any hypnagogic images. I have other suggestions as well especially if it becomes cronic, you are welcome to pm me at any time. I have a wealth of information and experience on these issues. Take care.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Edited by Seeker79

Thanks and i live in Maryland I have already setup a appointment with my doctor and ill see what goes from there , thanks for the advice I was really scared .

• Like 1

Thanks and i live in Maryland I have already setup a appointment with my doctor and ill see what goes from there , thanks for the advice I was really scared .

Rina, depending on the skill and knowledge of your doctor, do not let him convince you you are depressed or psychotic. If it goes that rout get second and third opinion. These events are common about 40% of people evenchually have it. If there is any medical issue at all it's probably simple iron obsorption problem ( especially if you are breast feeding) , but your doctor probably won't know this, you would have to see a neurologist after a sleep study. If your situation was cronic it could be some other things, but it dosn't sound that way. Just be careful. SP has been baried through bad labeling and cultural misconceptions, many doctors are not even aware of it and misdiagnose it all the time.. Though I think that is changing.

Edited by Seeker79

• 2 weeks later...

There are siezures associated with pregnancy and childbirth. Some women can have small strokes, especially if they had pre-eclampsia. It may be that you don't have this condition but I agree that you should get an eeg to be sure.