Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

Need help identifying small man like creature

elf troll goblin small people dwarf

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 18 November 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Hey now.  I have never, nor will I ever make posts simply to attain rewards connected to post-count.  As enticing as star nipples are....I do surprisingly, have standards :P

Sorry :blush:

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#47    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 18 November 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

Sorry :blush:

It was funny.  No offense taken. No need for apology ;)

#48    thalassinus

thalassinus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

View Postkaringal, on 17 November 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hi all! I'm new here and really need your help. I've been searching the web looking for answers and it lead me here. Am hoping maybe you'll be able to shed some light on this for me or rather us (my husband and I). This is not a hoax and was a genuinely scary experience at the time. A few years back when we were living on the Isle of Wight in the UK my husband (who incidentally is completely sane, 40 years old and practices numerous martial arts) came home after cycling home from work in a state of blind panic. He'd been coming home in the early evening (so it wasn't completely dark yet) along a cycle track that runs through the woods when from a distance of about 50 metres he'd seen something standing by the edge of the track. He says he first started to slow down but as he got closer he saw that the "person" was no higher than the wheel of his bike. As he went past he got a very good look at the person. He described them as definitely male with short hair, very dark skin, a overly wide set jaw, extremely broad shoulder, long arms and big hands. The "person" had looked up at him as he cycled past and my husband says it's eyes almost glowed from within (ie it was not the effect of moonlight like when a car drives past a cat or dog. Also my husbands bike did not have lights). He said that he was gripped by an extreme fear and something in his instincts told him not to stop, that he wouldn't stand a chance, even though the person was smaller than him and he was capable of fighting in a normal situation. He says he's never cycled so ast in his life and I remember what a state he was in when he got home. All this time I've been on and off trying to find out what it could have perhaps been that he saw that night but so far I've hit a dead end. I just wanted to ask....have you ever heard of anyone seeing anything similar? We've talked about this at length and been through all the opions of "could it have been a very small human/other forest animal/ trick of the light? but he's convinced that it was not human in the conventional sense of the word and also that it did not mean well. Do you have any explanation or is my husband a bit do-lally?

Im moving to IOW this year, one reason is because of the countless ghost storys, and IOW has soo much history.  So many strange things there, plus its had alot of cult going ons. :/   Could be anything, i hope i see it.... give me google earth co-ordinates pleaseee???? :D

"Hate is easy, Love takes courage."

#49    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 18 November 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

You oughta know...you have 6 right there under your avatar.
wouldn't those be considered areolae?

Edited by JGirl, 19 November 2012 - 03:03 AM.

#50    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostJGirl, on 19 November 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

:nw:

Edited by Sakari, 19 November 2012 - 03:09 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#51    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

Ok, a bike trail......

I think it was one of these dudes.....Need the clothing details though, but I think I found the culprit.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#52    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

View PostSakari, on 19 November 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

thank you - but you quoted me before i fixed my typos!! gak!

#53    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

View PostJGirl, on 19 November 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

thank you - but you quoted me before i fixed my typos!! gak!

What typos?  ;)

I see no typos in my reply from you :)

Edited by Sakari, 19 November 2012 - 03:12 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#54    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

View PostJGirl, on 19 November 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

I guess it really depends.  since there seems to be no distinct nipple inside the star, I say that the star is the nipple and the surrounding circle would be the areolae.  But I can see it being open to interpretation.  1000 points for using "areolae" in a sentence btw..

Sakari is correct...

#55    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 19 November 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

I guess it really depends.  since there seems to be no distinct nipple inside the star, I say that the star is the nipple and the surrounding circle would be the areolae.  But I can see it being open to interpretation.  1000 points for using "areolae" in a sentence btw..

Sakari is correct...

well i can't take the entire 1000 because i actually didn't know the plural of areola and i spelled it wrong the first time. went back and corrected it but sakari quoted my post before i had a chance. so i'm busted. so i confess and return to you 400 points just to keep my head up

#56    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

View PostJGirl, on 19 November 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

well i can't take the entire 1000 because i actually didn't know the plural of areola and i spelled it wrong the first time. went back and corrected it but sakari quoted my post before i had a chance. so i'm busted. so i confess and return to you 400 points just to keep my head up

I'm a teacher - I never grade on spelling unless I am specifically assessing it.  Keep your 400 points and your pride too.

#57    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

Jgirl,

You are mistaken, look at my quote from you, I see nothing wrong in it at all ;)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#58    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

A midget or child kneeling maybe?

Or this guy:

Posted Image

Edited by DKO, 19 November 2012 - 05:53 AM.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#59    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostDKO, on 19 November 2012 - 05:21 AM, said:

A midget or child kneeling maybe?

Or this guy:

Posted Image

WTF?  I'm frightened!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#60    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

View PostLava_Lady, on 19 November 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

WTF?  I'm frightened!
isn't that a teletubbie without the screen in his belly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users