Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4:44

MISTYWATERS13

My mom recently passed away and I awoke to this time, (4:44) and was intrigued by what I found online. I also had a hummingbird greet me when I opened my patio the day after she died. I have two cats who ran out, and it happened soo fast they didnt even see it. Ive lived there over 6 yrs and have never seen a hummingbird. the number 13 was very prominenent after she was diagnosed with cancer. She lives in unit 13, my son is 13, all our birthdays add up to 13 and the day she passed adds up to 13. when my dad passed 3 yrs ago I saw many many black cats, it was soo overwhelming and scary, but for some reason superstitions get my attention. I did learn to not think of black cats crossing your path as bad luck, rather I learned about Love and death. I have a black cat now, and have a tattoo in my dads memory of a black cat.

• Like 1

Those numbers mean nothing.

It must be a joy to be so certain about this. Elaborate, for kicks, how or why you are.

edit: By the way, this thread was posted at 4:43 am my time, it says. So close! :P

Edited by _Only
  • Like 5

I think a lot of people notice sequences of numbers, or particular numbers.. not sure why, perhaps some sort of pareidolia of numbers. And since there's only 10 digits to choose from, it does not surprise me that people notice sequences or particular numbers. Maybe if we had 100 digits to choose from it wouldn't happen as much.

edit: looked up pareidolia of numbers and Apophenia came up as a term :)

Edited by rashore

My mom recently passed away and I awoke to this time, (4:44) and was intrigued by what I found online. I also had a hummingbird greet me when I opened my patio the day after she died. I have two cats who ran out, and it happened soo fast they didnt even see it. Ive lived there over 6 yrs and have never seen a hummingbird. the number 13 was very prominenent after she was diagnosed with cancer. She lives in unit 13, my son is 13, all our birthdays add up to 13 and the day she passed adds up to 13. when my dad passed 3 yrs ago I saw many many black cats, it was soo overwhelming and scary, but for some reason superstitions get my attention. I did learn to not think of black cats crossing your path as bad luck, rather I learned about Love and death. I have a black cat now, and have a tattoo in my dads memory of a black cat.

For your first post on UM, I must say that was pretty interesting...

Numbers believe it or not are what connects to every single event in time... I believe numbers are the main language of the solar system and they all connect as time passes...... There are meanings to numbers in peoples lives...Anyone who knows about numbers, will know more or less what it is I am trying to say. Numbers speak to us.. if we can pay attention..!

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 5

I think a lot of people notice sequences of numbers, or particular numbers.. not sure why, perhaps some sort of pareidolia of numbers. And since there's only 10 digits to choose from, it does not surprise me that people notice sequenced or particular numbers. Maybe if we had 100 digits to choose from it wouldn't happen as much.

edit: looked up pareidolia of numbers and Apophenia came up as a term :)

I believe that, humans notice patterns but that doesn't mean there isn't personal meaning behind certain situations.

To science.

Hmm.... Thank you for the information. However, the post is about a personal experience. And just to note, math, ie numbers, is considered a universal language. So, 444 has meaning somewhere to Someone.

• Like 3

I think everyone has numbers that "follow" them through life. My mom swore she did .She said they were 2,4 and 8.

Every important event in her life,contained those numbers,from birthdays,to addresses etc.

My number is 9 ,but It's more like it has significance to me,as opposed to it being in dates or addresses.

I actually do always add up numbers of important things,to see their numerological value,to determine if it will be a good thing,or it will suck .

Like my new office address,added up to an 8 ,and it was not a great location for me. Like that.

Yes, mathematics is clearly part of science. Numerology, on the other hand, is silly superstition.

You're not getting her point. Personal experiences are just that. Personal experiences. Their power and reality depends on the person experiencing, regardless of your outside blind discount of relevance of a grouping of numbers, followed up by a vague explanation of "science". I marvel at the amount of ignorance that's ill fittingly backed by "science" these days. I use the word as lack of information; not as an insult.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 5

You're not getting her point. Personal experiences are just that. Personal experiences. Their power and reality depends on the person experiencing, regardless of your outside blind discount of relevance of a grouping of numbers, followed up by a vague explanation of "science". I marvel at the amount of ignorance that's ill fittingly backed by "science" these days. I use the word as lack of information; not as an insult.

Well said..I like how you worded that reply

Have you ever watched the new sci fi drama with Kiefer Sutherland - Touch ..link -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1821681/ .... I have only watched the pilot so far and it leans on this subject ..It's about his 11 year old son, who I think has autism ..but amazingly his son seems to be able to read everything with numbers and he can connect events from all over the world through numbers, before they happen... I watched it the other night, and I must say it is really most interesting.. I think you would like it... The show is made by the same producer of Heroes - Tim Kring ... Like I said, I have only just begun to watch it and saw the pilot...I have several more episodes to watch, and I plan to see them all... I just thought it would be something you would like.. It sure makes you think...I guess that is why I took interest in this particular thread..I am not clued in with numerology..but I like it...The OP leans on this type of thing a little in my opinion.

When something like this is happens to be something that I for one am not exactly informed about I am ignorant to it.. I think it is worth giving it a chance to see exactly what it is about and learn something about it.. then make up my mind about it.. So far, I find it interesting.

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

It must be a joy to be so certain about this. Elaborate, for kicks, how or why you are.

edit: By the way, this thread was posted at 4:43 am my time, it says. So close! :P

Goodness lol One more min and it too would have been weird lol ..It was posted 12.43 my time !

BM, have you ever seen the movie "Pi"? I bet you would enjoy it.

A couple of other great documentaries,

- What the bleep do we know (will blow your mind)

&

- 10X10 (short and can be foun on YouTube)

• Like 2

Yes, mathematics is clearly part of science. Numerology, on the other hand, is silly superstition.

Once again, to you it is.

Science or superstition.... Reality or fantasy... The only knowledge/belief that is absolute is the fact that we humans know nothing. Nothing is absolute.

• Like 1

"The Number 23" is also about this phenomenom...

BM, have you ever seen the movie "Pi"? I bet you would enjoy it.

I had never heard of it Biff, but I looked it up on the iMDb site -http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/ ..and read some good reviews ...I need to see how I can get a hold of it, perhaps download it? I'll see... It does look interesting... I have been seeing nothing but double numbers quite a lot lately.. like - 3.33 ...2.22 1.11...5.55 over and over again, and it was a bit weird me coming on here and seeing a thread - 4.44... !!

When I glanced at your post, I thought you were talking about the movie - Ai ( Spielberg ) I was about to post up - Hey I think you meant AI and not Pi lol... :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

A couple of other great documentaries,

- What the bleep do we know (will blow your mind)

&

- 10X10 (short and can be foun on YouTube)

Nice one.. Cheers.. I will look into that also...I love documentaries

Edited by Beckys_Mom

"The Number 23" is also about this phenomenom...

That film was actually based off a particular individual (very loosely). He linked one number, I believe it was 28, to every significant event in his life. So much so that he predicted his own death. On the day that he predicted he stayed in bed & awaited the time of departure. His wife came to the room to scold him for wasting the day. When she did, she found him dead. It was the exact time he predicted on the exact date that he predicted years earlier. Cause of Death? Natural causes.

The movie was horrible all around. Story was poorly written. Directing was ghastly. & a semi-nude sex scene with Jim Carrey covered in "tribal" tatoos... well... it's just wrong.

Edited by Biff Wellington
  • Like 1

The only numbers that mean anything to me really are 4:20 :yes: :yes: :yes:

• Like 3

That film was actually based off a particular individual (very loosely). He linked one number, I believe it was 28, to every significant event in his life. So much so that he predicted his own death. On the day that he predicted he stayed in bed & awaited the time of departure. His wife came to the room to scold him for wasting the day. When she did, she found him dead. It was the exact time he predicted on the exact date that he predicted years earlier. Cause of Death? Natural causes.

The movie was horrible all around. Story was poorly written. Directing was ghastly. & a semi-nude sex scene with Jim Carrey covered in "tribal" tatoos... well... it's just wrong.

Never gave my opinion on the quality of the movie, simply stated it was related :P

• 3 months later...

Never gave my opinion on the quality of the movie, simply stated it was related :P

do you realize, this post was the 23rd post :whistle:

• Like 1

every single number combination must be connected to a event 666 the anti Christ, 1.618 the golden ratio etc, so no doubt it has something to tell, I wondered that if you had a religion, it would add up to a biblical event(lots of reading) http://asvbible.com/john/4.htm hope this helps, good luck