Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gods vs Divine

god divinity stars

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 07 August 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

well in a sense would are star be are "god" since it gave us the stuff we are made out of?

Is there anything you can refer to, post a link ?

Personally I find the Stars Administer, there are lesser Gods that tend to the Earth, but which neither created Human existence.

#17    Lumpino

Lumpino

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

And what to ask directly of any god or goddess. :innocent:  Because of what a people could know about them?
http://www.esoterica...le/iambl_th.htm
Like pagan priests evoked those beings.

#18    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Postsutemi, on 07 August 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

"The fish are thirsty in the water? when I hear this it makes me laugh" Kabir
"When we talk about god we’re like fish discussing the possible existence of the sea" Rumi

I would say more exactly, that it is a manner of Science. So I guess you could say, Science is blind, but then again not everything is plain to see.

#19    Sevastiel

Sevastiel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

• "Know what is before you and what is hidden shall be revealed" - JC

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

Could always just take the Hindu route.  There is one, technically, (Brahman) but so far removed and omni-whatever that the lesser beings (not us, the "Gods" we know of) pick up the busy work.  One doesn't pray to the one so much as accept and be appreciative.  But those lesser beings - which to humans would be Gods, ascended or otherwise - can be prayed to for favors (or something), in return for whatever it is they get out of the bargain (even if it's nothing from us that they gain, so much as something from higher up themselves).  Intermediaries and whatnot, which to me sounds a bit like the pagan elementals or the purpose of specific angels/arch-angels and whatnot.

The Divine in this case is a pantheistic or panentheistic, rather than strictly monistic (though, really, it's still monistic).
And the Gods are "just" more powerful, insightful, etc. entities within existence - whatever their nature actually is - much like ourselves, though we be lesser in the power and manifest existence part of the equation.  Ultimately, we are all part of the big Divine equation.

More or less. :D

Now is not the time.

#20    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

View PostHavocWing, on 07 August 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Says what?  The bible?

Not at all. We insult the Creator with these theories. It's a bit foolish to discuss something you are a stranger to. No?

#21    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostUncle Pockets, on 08 August 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

Not at all. We insult the Creator with these theories. It's a bit foolish to discuss something you are a stranger to. No?

I've looked over the bible quite a few times, so no I am not a stranger to it.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#22    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostHavocWing, on 08 August 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

I've looked over the bible quite a few times, so no I am not a stranger to it.

I am not Christian though.

#23    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Doh !

#24    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

It does / should take careful & precise consideration, of what can and can't be observed, to come to a considered statement. To say we don't have right, first what do you mean ?, second, as the world we live in is full of mystery to me certainly implies that we should ask questions.

#25    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

View Postc0ffee, on 09 August 2012 - 12:31 AM, said:

It does / should take careful & precise consideration, of what can and can't be observed, to come to a considered statement. To say we don't have right, first what do you mean ?, second, as the world we live in is full of mystery to me certainly implies that we should ask questions.

We underestimate the power of the one who made us which is irrational to me.

We can all ask questions as we seek knowledge, but there is a line to what we can understand as the creation.

#26    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostUncle Pockets, on 09 August 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

We underestimate the power of the one who made us which is irrational to me.

We can all ask questions as we seek knowledge, but there is a line to what we can understand as the creation.

My point was, as there is so much mystery, then it would be advised to question, not doubt, but think.

#27    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

I should point out ...

Each Human being looking for knowledge of the Universe, has even the slightest hint from their mind, to look to themselves first. A sort of deep seeded circumstance of the growth necessary for the unfolding of life, similar to a phrase wisdom from within.

I don't suppose you have this acknowledgement personally ?

#28    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,721 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

View Postc0ffee, on 05 August 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

What to you constitutes as a God or Goddess ?, e.g. the Christian God "God" is a seen as a God yet is earth bound and roams the earth because of the attendance God has with Man. Maybe I'm not meaning the same by roams the earth, not in a physical form. In comparison the Stars are not earth bound.
God or the cosmic consciosness is probably universal Certainly it exists here and interacts with human consciousness on earth  but it also provides access to consciousnesses all over the universe and across "past" time.
Elements of god exist within all of the universe but in self aware beings they form part of that self awareness and can communicate with other elements of god anywhere, virtually instantaneously. God "does " this, eg is the carrier /energy source, but allows us to piggyback on its consciousness/awareness. Mankind is only one of many many sapient entities linked into god. One can travel with god as a conscious awareness through the wormholes in the centre of each galaxy and travel even into other universes. It is an illusion or a failure of full consciousness to diferentiate between the god within and around us and the god which permeates the universe. It (and we) are all one and the same. Not just in matter but in conscious self awareness, which is far more "flexible" than matter.

While god extends across the multiverse, I can only travel with god as a part of his/my consciousness, not as a physical being. But because consciousness is, in a way, all that we are, this is enough. It is as if one's body accompanies one, although it does not.

Actually one can transplant ones mind, via gods, into sapient beings around the universe and experience life, as them, in their bodies,  but without the risk of physical sensation. So one can stand amidst the sails of a lightship surrounded by cosmic radiation and perceive and see all the wonder and beauty of the stars, but not feel any physical sensation .  The host, of course, must be protected by its own technology or natural physical characteristics, but if a suitable host exists, one can enter into the centre of a sun. One can also "ride directly" the cosmic consciousness across the universe, through stars, planetary rings, and  across the surfaces of planets of all  sizes and types, because it already exists there.. I have accompanied sapient entities which looked like a cross between giant wombats and armadillos on a very heavy gravity planet, and flown with giant soaring creatures  almost gossamer thin, which spent a lot of their time in the atmosphere of a low gravity planet. Both were as sapien t as humans and had planetary bound civilizations. Other entities  included one in insect form which used lightships to sail across the central spaces of our galaxy This was one i hooked a ride with, and it was weird being in a sort of insect form, with a forcefield to protect me as i did running repairs on the micro engines which controlled the miles of rigging on the light sails. NOt until I die will i forget the sight of a sky filled with light and stars and the feeling of being virtually naked in the middle of space

. But humanoid forms are very common. They range form basic hominids pre civilization to some with empires capable of mater transmission and communication across galaxies. In between are those colonising  distant space with generation ships and others using needle ships and Ais to travel across local space.

All the universe, or at least all that I travel, is linked by a form of transportation network that allows consciousnesses to travel instantaneously fromm point to point, galaxy to galaxy, etc This is either a physical construct of the cosmic consciousness or an aspect of its natural self.

I've never worked that out. I just use it for the purpose it exists for.

Edited by Mr Walker, 13 August 2012 - 11:54 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#29    c0ffee

c0ffee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 13 August 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

God or the cosmic consciosness is probably universal

Thanks for the engrossing info. I'm not looking for the paradigm most commonly known as God, but at that would be a lesser / separate devision, which is the embodiment the Stars. As the embodiment, the Sun, is according to Male aspects / concepts of life where the Moon is the embodiment of the Female aspects / concepts of life, which Human beings experience being a polarity of and even down to the Birds / Bees and even Flowers.

So specifically looking for accounts of a relation between "Divinity" & "Stars".

#30    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,721 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

View Postc0ffee, on 14 August 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Thanks for the engrossing info. I'm not looking for the paradigm most commonly known as God, but at that would be a lesser / separate devision, which is the embodiment the Stars. As the embodiment, the Sun, is according to Male aspects / concepts of life where the Moon is the embodiment of the Female aspects / concepts of life, which Human beings experience being a polarity of and even down to the Birds / Bees and even Flowers.

So specifically looking for accounts of a relation between "Divinity" & "Stars".

I'm not sure i quite understand what you are saying/looking for. In my experience god IS the universe, and the universe IS god. Stars are not independently conscious, as trees are not, but the consciousness of god permeates all things along with the physical material of god  and the energy life force of god. Only self aware sapient beings can become aware of this consciousness and connect to it  So a star is physically  god as a human being is god, but the star is not aware that it is god, whereas a human can become aware of this. So a human can talk to the consiousness of god (cosmic consciousness) within a star or within a tree, but a tree and a star cannot  inherently communicate,  because they are not inherently/independently, self aware.

Your explanation seems to be a philosophical /theological conceptualisation of god. Humans, for various reasons, since prehistory, imbued the moon with female characteristics and the sun with male ones. We also tend to imbue 'god" with such sexual charateristics. eg some see god as male, others as female, but consciousness HAS no gender. Nor does a sun or a moon.

Stars are inanimate and non self aware, although there are some sapient beings who live, in part, in the heart of stars; as there are those who live naturally in the cold reaches of space. I've only "touched"/linked to, those briefly, because  my own senses cannot make sense of, or adjust to, those of a  creature living in the heart of a star. The energies involved overwhelm my senses whilst in a star, just as I cannot "see"when my perception is moving through solid rock or a planetary surface.

Edited by Mr Walker, 15 August 2012 - 11:14 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

Also tagged with god, divinity, stars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users