Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Blair Witch Legend not totally fake?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16    BlAh91

BlAh91

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

Well i think that there is some truth to it. Yeah they might have made some it up but i mean there was a real trial on the guy so there has to be some truth to it. I'm not saying that all of it is true but i am saying some of the imformation might be right. To tell you the truth i would love to go there my self and find out if its true. Its very intresting. It makes you think what really is out there

#17    MirrorImage

MirrorImage

She who carries a big sword

• 2,356 posts

• If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank. -Woody Allen

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

BlAh91 on Apr 8 2009, 08:40 AM, said:

Well i think that there is some truth to it. Yeah they might have made some it up but i mean there was a real trial on the guy so there has to be some truth to it. I'm not saying that all of it is true but i am saying some of the imformation might be right. To tell you the truth i would love to go there my self and find out if its true. Its very intresting. It makes you think what really is out there

The trial records, everything, were fakes created and spread to create a backstory for the marketing campaign. Brilliant idea, but Im sure they didnt realize the confusion it would cause. (Odd thing here, If *I* faked records and spread them around, some how Im sure I would be found to be violating a dozen laws, these guys do it and its just viral marketing, go figure! lmao)

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle

Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth.
Stephen Hawking

If you cant laugh at yourself, you have no right to laugh at others. I laugh alot.

#18    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

Like I said earlier, the Bell Witch was reference for SOME of the movie--but the plot idea in 99.9% of its entirety is false.

#19    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

BlAh91 on Apr 8 2009, 03:40 PM, said:

I don't think there wasn't a real guy on trial (if you mean the chap you mentioned in your first post), that's all part of the story.

Edited by schizoidwoman, 08 April 2009 - 04:29 PM.

#20    MirrorImage

MirrorImage

• 2,356 posts

• If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank. -Woody Allen

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

Ok, go to www.bluedaniel.com/ (the site the OP got his info from), click the link at the top for news, it tells you that all news is at www.danielkarcher.com/. Daniel Karcher is a film designer that worked on the BW project as well as other films.

If you google the name Daniel Katcher, the description for the bluedaniel website reads "daniel karcher | film design studiosdaniel karcher | film design studios | providing flash content for the motion picture industry."

A little poking around on the BlueDaniel site and you get a list of all the movies hes done flash projects for, including The Blair Witch Project, a Elly Kedward movie, a movie about the Bloody Bender family of Kansas ect. The few movies I clicked on all had websites that looked alot like the bluedaniel site.  If you look in the "Miscellaneous" section and mouse over the links there, you see a description on the very last link, its a viral for something about villiage idiots. So in conclusion, I would say that every thing on that site is related to his work as a flash designer for films.
Myth Busted?

Edited by MirrorImage, 08 April 2009 - 05:03 PM.

Aristotle

Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare, some would say it has yet to occur on earth.
Stephen Hawking

If you cant laugh at yourself, you have no right to laugh at others. I laugh alot.

#21    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

Just step back and watch - we are witnessing the birth of a new urban legend that in 5 years everybody will know... everybody will walk around and talk about the "true" info behind the movie just as they talk about Roswell now...

Sit back, grab a beer, and watch it happen. It ought to be instructive.

#22    chaoszerg

chaoszerg

Underpants Gnome

• 9,418 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

The Blair Witch Legend not totally fake?

It's true the video is not totally fake,......... there are such things as campers.

#23    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:12 PM

chaoszerg on Apr 8 2009, 07:18 PM, said:

It's true the video is not totally fake,......... there are such things as campers.

Hang on, hang on...  "There are such things as campers"?!?!?

Name your sources when you makes claims like that.

wink2.gif

Edited by schizoidwoman, 08 April 2009 - 07:12 PM.

#24    MirrorImage

MirrorImage

• 2,356 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

chaoszerg on Apr 8 2009, 12:18 PM, said:

Where are these campers and how do I get a photo to prove they exist?

Aristotle

Stephen Hawking

#25    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

MirrorImage on Apr 8 2009, 08:09 PM, said:

Where are these campers and how do I get a photo to prove they exist?

I saw one!

#26    MirrorImage

MirrorImage

• 2,356 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

Ebonykrow on Apr 9 2009, 09:17 AM, said:

I saw one!

Did it scream alot and get lost in the woods?

Aristotle

Stephen Hawking

#27    mantisart

mantisart

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:18 AM

There actually is a Maryland folklore legend Blair which is based on.

Its not a witch though itís the Snallygaster.
not saying the legend is true .....just saying Some of the Blair witch was inspired by it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snallygaster

http://www.baltimoremd.com/remember/snallygast.html

#28    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

♔ AVATAR Korra

• 8,262 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

The Snallygaster? You sure? It's suppose to be some sea mammals and land mammals mixed in. I read in my "Weird Maryland" book, that the Snallygaster stole farm animals and some children. During the Prohibition times, moonshiners brought the Snallygaster back to life. To keep nosey people away from their location. :/

I don't see how the The Blair Witch is based on The Snallygaster.

#29    BlAh91

BlAh91

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

well i found this site that i've looked at b4 that made me beleive that some it might be true...

http://www.blairwitch.com/main.html

check it out....

#30    nightman

nightman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:35 AM

View PostPol_Pot_Lives_Again, on 07 April 2009 - 01:13 PM, said:

No town called Blair ever existed in Maryland.
so sorry dipwad but before burkittsevile was burkittsville it was called blair,do a little reasearch before you make dumb statements you know deet deet about,i live in maryland,dont get better than that,bet your a limy? :w00t:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users