Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

aberration or not?

seventh_son

This is a picture taken at my church. There was nothing obstructing the lense and

I have no explanation for the semmi transparent image in the picture. Can anyone

help?

post-10-1090362924.jpg

Edited by seventh_son

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seventh_son

• Janiel

• Lonecat

• Wings of Selkhet

I do not think so. Apparitions don't usually show up looking like that. I do not know what that is? It could be your finger that you smudged up on Photoshop. I'm just kidding. wink2.gif. I really don't know what that is.

I think something came in front of the camera, whethere you realized it or not. Something physical.

Thanks for your interest my friend!

It does look a lot like a finger. You can even make out a nail on the end..

I think something came in front of the camera, whethere you realized it or not. Something physical.

Yup, thats what I was thinking.

Hi, Seventh Son,

You and I seem to be in the same boat. First let me give you the sort of reaction to your picture as I get to mine: "it is OBVIOUSLY a used kleenex you were using at the time", "a piece of Christmas wrapping paper just blew in through the window and you were too concentrated on the subject of the picture to notice it". "It's your finger", "It's OBVIOUSLY not paranormal and could be anything!" And so it goes on. I get these stupid "explanations" all the time from people I show my pictures to containing "luminous intrusions". On the assumption that this picture is not faked (one has to assume that as a hypothesis, otherwise there is no point in bothering with it) I'd say it looks like a material object o.k. but then so did the several ghosts I've seen in my lifetime. It could also be ectoplasm though that is usually visible to the naked eye. Apart from that I cannot say. I posted my pictures taken in a haunted hotel in England in April which show similar "intrusions", on a number of web-sites but so far nobody has even bothered to answer my accompanying letters about them. At least the people who say to you "I'm afraid I don't know what it is" are being honest and considerate enough to answer the posted letter. Last Friday I was robbed and with all my I.D. documents including my passport went about seven of my choice floppy discs with all the pictures I had taken containing these, as yet, inexplicable intrusions. They fascinate me and I want to know their cause as I am sure you do. As soon as I can get all my pictures together again and loaded onto floppies or CD and the explanatory text re-wrtitten I'll post them here. In the meantime I continue to do research. Why not drop me a line so we can discuss this in depth? My e-mail is treeo66@yahoo.es Best regards, Lonecat wink2.gif

Hm... I don't think it looks like a finger, like someone said. It kind of looks like a napkin, but I'm not too sure. What kind of camera was used?

Uh... could it be an Angel Wing.... as one was fluttering by.... blink.gif

whistling2.gif

Looks more like a wing to me than a finger. Maybe a decoration or something, or a tissue. To lumpy to be a finger though.

I'm going to be a little bit of a paranormal optomist. I really don't think that anything physical could be the cause, I find it impossible to believe that you wouldn't notice something that big pass infront of the camera. Also, even for an object out of focus, it looks as though it's exuding a bit of an aura, especially when you bear in mind that the light source is coming from behind it and even a camera flash wouldn't light something below it to that extent. Plus, It really looks like a finger to me.

To those of you that thought the picture i posted was a finger i thought i would

show you what a finger really looks like. I thnk most people are looking to prove

that everything posted here is a fake. Thanks for your oppionions!!!!!

post-10-1090533829.jpg

Edited by seventh_son

Seven,

To maintain continuity, I've merged your post with the original, makes things less confusing.

MM

Please go back to your church and examine that room to make sure nothing in that room could have possibly obstructed the lense. Look for flowers, decorative angels, etc. Often times, one doesn't realize something's blocking the lense until they get back home and develop the pictures. wink2.gif

Indeed, I'd love to see pictures of this room at your church myself so that I could be the judge of "Nothing in front of the lense". There's not a single mark of paranormality in that photo.

Bravo Seventh Son!

That's the right attitude! We ought to have more examples of people's attempts at faking or, rather, trying to re-create the inexplicable effect. To re-create certain light intrusions such as some I have, you'd need a whole laboratory set up or be an expert in special effects for movies, all of which would involve considerable expense. I like your objective approach. Let's all get down to some serious experimenting for once. Shall we.................? whistling2.gif

cat.gif Lonecat

More pics of the room where the original was taken.

post-10-1090700673.jpg

Edited by seventh_son

another pic from the room

post-10-1090700857.jpg

Yeah, definitely not a finger...

I have to agree with the napkin theory. It looks like a napkin or tissue paper or something made out of that type of material. Fingers aren't transparent. It can't be an effect of the light (it's obviously an object and not a glare), so it has to be something physical, and something pretty big.

Is it possible that there was something on the lens, and it fell off after the picture was taken, so you never noticed it?

This is the final pic of the room. The woman with the circle around her is where i stood while taking the original pic. The strait line depicts the direction the camera was pointed.

post-10-1090793252.jpg

Hmmm. It's decorated very Christmas-y...maybe it was Santa! tongue.gif

There seem to be a lot of decorations about with glitter and such on them - maybe a particle fell off of something and floated by the camera?

If there wasn't anything in front of the lens that you can recall, I have to consider this case unexplained! Not saying it's a ghost, but there doesn't seem to be any logical explanation as of yet.

*cue creepy music* Do do do do do do do do...

Edited by Wings of Selkhet

Hey Wings,

I am fairly certain that nothing passed in front of the camera at least nothing that i could see with the naked eye. I truly believe it is something out of the ordinary.

I have not been a big believer in the things i can't see but i am having some serious second thoughts in that area. Thanks for your interest my friend!

post-10-1090971053.gif

Edited by seventh_son

There was nothing obstructing the lense and

I have no explanation for the semmi transparent image in the picture.

Ok.. i belive you when you said that nothing was obstructing the lense... i'm a photographer myself and i very much doubt that you could miss somthing that big on your lense.... and with the clear pictures you had taken afterwards proves that there wasn't a grease spot on the lense...

As for the semi-trasnparent image.... when you set back.. it looks like a horse head... at least i think so... To me... it doesn't look like a finger, or a body of something moveing.. or a napkin/tissue... (you wouldn't miss seeing a tissue!) Though I don't know what it could be... I believe that you have something that isn't very solid....

Did you see the episode that had the two gents. taking pictures in their log house and when they develped the pics.. there was white semi-transparent writing? (That was a great episode...) Your blirr could be that... except it wasn't writing this time... maybe.. whatever is in there..... maybe they/it wanted to be noticed.. just that once...

Did you see the episode that had the two gents. taking pictures in their log house and when they develped the pics.. there was white semi-transparent writing?

Yes i did see that episode. You could be right about that. WE had a young

woman die recently in the church. She was very close to the children. The

pic was taken in a Vacation Bible School class. It's a real possibility she

wanted us to know she's still around.

Thanks Reader