Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do unto others........

missi120172

It pains me to my soul to see how far away we have gotten from the path of righteousness, . I remember a time when if someone was hungry you fed them, if they were cold you clothed them, if they stumbled and fell you would give them your hand to help them back to there feet... You didn't stomp them into the ground more. The world, in a whole, is dying and its dying because we forgot what truly makes us God fearing Christians.. Which to me is to hold love in your heart and to never cause anyone to suffer, but to try to take the sufferings of others away.. This sefishishness has to stop or there will not be a world left for tomorrow.. I pray that somehow we will find our way.. Suppose to have our third blood moon in a year.. Not a very good sign for days to come...

Truly hearbroken ...

• Like 2

To be fair there were less of us then....a lot less of us.

As numbers increase freedom & empathy decrease. Whereas laws & punishments increase with extra humanity.

And I am not sure what blood moons have to do with empathy, you may have to elaborate on that one.

I think there is still a lot of good things going on.. .More than bad actually.. It's just that "Bad News sells"... No one would watch the news if they only showed the good things, and the media knows this,

so they go the other way and only show the bad... If you actually go out and look around at your community, I am virtually certain you will find goodness happening all aorund you... You only have to look...

• Like 7

It pains me to my soul to see how far away we have gotten from the path of righteousness, . I remember a time when if someone was hungry you fed them, if they were cold you clothed them, if they stumbled and fell you would give them your hand to help them back to there feet... You didn't stomp them into the ground more. The world, in a whole, is dying and its dying because we forgot what truly makes us God fearing Christians.. Which to me is to hold love in your heart and to never cause anyone to suffer, but to try to take the sufferings of others away.. This sefishishness has to stop or there will not be a world left for tomorrow.. I pray that somehow we will find our way.. Suppose to have our third blood moon in a year.. Not a very good sign for days to come...

Truly hearbroken ...

Well to be fair, "god fearing christians" as you call them have caused untold pain and suffering (a good deal of which was condoned by god himself if you believe your holy book) for thousands of years.

Personally, my own sense of empathy, fairness, and justice is much more developed than the one prescribed in your holy book.

• Like 5

.. OK' this is the best way I know how to make u understand the significants of the four consecutive blood moons within a year and four months approximately.. Hope this helps..if this doesn't help Google blood moons..

Four Blood Moons” derives its title from full lunar eclipses called “blood moons” because only the infrared band of light gets around the Earth, making the moon appear red. In some centuries there is a very rare series of four consecutive blood moons, called a “tetrad” by astronomers

• In 1493, the four blood moons occurred on the Hebrew holidays of Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles. This signified the beginning of the fall of Spain following the expulsion of the Jews a year earlier and was God’s announcement to the world that “the mantle of prosperity had thusly been placed on the shoulders of the infant nation that would become the United States” since it became a refuge for the Jewish people.
  • The second appearance of four blood moons appearing on Hebrew holy days was 1949-1950. They occurred on Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles and coincided with Israel being declared a nation.
  • The third occurrence was in 1967-1968, when the Six-Day War took place, uniting the city of Jerusalem for the first time in 2,000 years – a monumental prophetic event, writes Hagee.

What’s more, the next four blood moon tetrad, falling on the same Hebrew holy days, is set to occur starting April 2014 – only the fourth time in the last 500 years. The dates are:

• April 15, 2014 – Passover
  • October 8, 2014 – Feast of Tabernacles
  • April 4, 2015 – Passover
  • September 28, 2015 – Feast of Tabernacles

After the first two blood moons in this sequence, and before the final two blood moons, will be a solar eclipse on March 20, 2015 – Rosh Hashanah.

What is the prophetic significance of these events?

“Over the last 500 years, these lunar events all falling on holy days were an announcement of a time of tears and tribulation that ended in tremendous national triump for the Jewish people,” says Hagee. “There are no solar of lunar accidents; every heavenly body is controlled by the unseen hand of God to send signals to humanity of coming events.”

From the beginning, in Genesis, God declared He specifically created the sun and the moon to be used for signs. These heavenly bodies would be used as signals of coming dramatic historical events when the Creator of the universe would intersect with human history.

In “Four Blood Moons,” Hagee cautions that while no one knows the mind of God, the anticipation of these events does tell us that God is getting ready to change the course of human history.

Joel 2:30-31:

And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness,
and the moon into blood
, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

Matthew 16:1-3:

The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven. He answered and said unto them, "When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the
signs of the times?
"

Tetrad+chart.jpg

My personal feelings on the matter, shouldn't make any difference to anyone eles's beliefs.. The whole point of my post is why the heck can't people just care about their fellow human beings and in no way am i saying believe what i believe . .. Just love instead of hate... Work together instead of tearing each other apart. Something that says hey be kind to one another.. Christian or non religious alike.. And if that tends to want to bother you then you have bigger problems to worry about....than this post, that for some reason,seemed to bother you.. This is the eight tetrads since Jesus, and the bible states that signify's new beginings first book of Peter talks about saving eight souls during Noah's flood where God created a new beginning.. For humanity .

There not saying this will be bad omen, something awesome may happen over the span of this lunar tetrad, but it is also possible that absolutely nothing will happen. They are simply saying that in light of the fact that the three most recent lunar tetrads have occurred at very key dates in the history of the Jewish people (and the nation of Israel), it may be worth it to keep a close eye on Israel and world events during this unique period of time in which we live.

Still so very heartbreaking at the absence of compassion from one person to the next.. Maybe they should read the good book.

"In “Four Blood Moons,” Hagee cautions that while no one knows the mind of God, the anticipation of these events does tell us that God is getting ready to change the course of human history."

Allow me to correct the quotation to render it more accurate.

As no one knows the mind of God, if there is a God, the anticipation of these events tells us nothing. Because if we were able to draw that ridiculous conclusion, it would require that we were, indeed, able to know the mind of God, if there is a God.

• Like 1

Correlation does not equal causation. Just because these blood moons have lined up before significant historical events does not in any way mean that they influenced the events in the slightest.

• Like 3

I think there is still a lot of good things going on.. .More than bad actually.. It's just that "Bad News sells"... No one would watch the news if they only showed the good things, and the media knows this,

so they go the other way and only show the bad... If you actually go out and look around at your community, I am virtually certain you will find goodness happening all aorund you... You only have to look...

True. I worked at a news station in the city. My boss was always stressing out over TV ratings during uneventful times. It really made me question the good in humanity. That is, until I did as you suggested---I took a stroll in one of the parks, and there was a lot of happiness there. It was like I had stepped into a completely different world...

• Like 2

I simply don't watch the news, or much TV at all, actually. Google News is almost as bad however, but you don't have to listen to all the stories, you can troll around for good news.

• Like 1

I know a few of you around here are tired of me saying this, but if you HONESTLY think the world is any less harsh now than it has been previously, you didn't study your history books good enough.

• Like 5

Also, i'll just leave this here:

o-MISTER-ROGERS-HELPERS-QUOTE-570.jpg?6

• Like 5

Bad and terrible things happened before, it's just there was no means of reporting it like it is now.

News is available 24 hours a day.

In the past there were lots of events that went unreported.

• Like 3

Bad and terrible things happened before, it's just there was no means of reporting it like it is now.

News is available 24 hours a day.

In the past there were lots of events that went unreported.

I wish I could like this a million times. Honestly, with the 24 hour news networks they NEED to highlight every single thing that happens so they have something to report on. There are so many terrible stories in history that died with those who suffered through them. Millions upon millions, harshly washed away before they could leave a fingerprint on this world.

• Like 3

Truly hearbroken ...

The problem is that everyone has been taught to live in Fear. We live in fear of talking to that homeless guy... What if he has a disease, or a gun, or is a pervert? We live in fear of giving people rides... What if that hitchhiker is a serial killer, or is a rapist? We live in fear of the food we eat... How much sodium does this have in it? How many calories? What about pesticides? We live in fear of the other political party, fear of guns, fear of diseases, gangs, bullies, immigrants, terrorists, nukes, clowns.......... We're taught to be afraid, because those who are afraid are dependent. And They, the government... The Rs and the Ds, want us dependent and paying our taxes so they can decide who gets rich, and get to spend tons of money on their hobbies.

Those of us who are over 40 can probably see how this gradually came about. I mean, there are violence warnings on video games and music labels. Carrying around a Monopoly Game gun token now is a Zero Tolerance crime. Pointing your finger can get you tossed out of school.

Anyway, 99% of people are still Good People, it is just that they are afraid to step in to help, and they are usually living such a rushed life.

There was a car sitting smack in the middle of the intersection the other day, and I thought about helping to push it off the road, but I had 10 minutes to get to work and I needed 8 of those to get there. I suspect that the other 999 drivers were thinking much the same.

• Like 2

Recent history shows us that despite all the bad in this world, fundamentally people are still compassionate and more than willing to help those in need. A true crisis will get a true response.

There are some terrible incidents and atrocities being committed as I write this. But bear in mind, this is nothing new, it has always been the case. It's just brought to our attention more.

Love for our fellow man and the compassion that entails is very much prevailing in our times, it's just people tend to notice more the worse things that are happening and focusing on that. Rather than seeing all the good that is going on as well.

• Like 2

I actually want to quote one of my favorite members on this forum, quiXilver, because he once said something that fits this post SO WELL and I actually saved it because it really affected me.

"For every act that is heinous and ill intentioned, for even every unwanted accident... there are tens of thousands of 'normal moments', moments we don't even consider, because the nature of life is to settle in balance and there are so many of these moments where the cup didn't fall and break, where we just missed having an accident, or where nothing at all even came close to difficult, days filled with things going right are called normal and considered 'boring'. Bad news has good legs, because it's so rare."

Edited by woodsbooger
  • Like 4

Truly hearbroken ...

My experiences have shown me, that selflessness and selfishness have both been around for a long time, and that both are still here. I think it's a bit biased in my opinion to label one type of belief system is responsible for the good and the lack of it is responsible for the bad. I didn't grow up as a Christian, and I still am not. I'm New Age. I'm staying New Age. I like to think my belief system keeps me as selfless as I can. Growing up secular, it was my family that taught me to help out. I'm not saying all, but I have seen a few of God fearing Christians not help out others, and non-Christians do. As I have stated to others in other threads, I have seen customers buying Christian books refuse to donate to charities, and customers who buy horror books and magazine on heavy metal give generously.

Frankly, it's common sense and thoughtfulness is what we all need.

My personal feelings on the matter, shouldn't make any difference to anyone eles's beliefs.. The whole point of my post is why the heck can't people just care about their fellow human beings and in no way am i saying believe what i believe . .. Just love instead of hate... Work together instead of tearing each other apart. Something that says hey be kind to one another.. Christian or non religious alike.. And if that tends to want to bother you then you have bigger problems to worry about....than this post, that for some reason,seemed to bother you.. This is the eight tetrads since Jesus, and the bible states that signify's new beginings first book of Peter talks about saving eight souls during Noah's flood where God created a new beginning.. For humanity .

There not saying this will be bad omen, something awesome may happen over the span of this lunar tetrad, but it is also possible that absolutely nothing will happen. They are simply saying that in light of the fact that the three most recent lunar tetrads have occurred at very key dates in the history of the Jewish people (and the nation of Israel), it may be worth it to keep a close eye on Israel and world events during this unique period of time in which we live.

Still so very heartbreaking at the absence of compassion from one person to the next.. Maybe they should read the good book.

Your first post tended to make a remark about your belief as what everyone should be believing, from my observation. And as I remarked, everyone should behave as good, and I think it's what I said, common sense and thoughtfulness.

I don't watch TV or listen to the radio very much at all, and I definitly do not listen to broadcast news - for various reasons... I did however like to listen to the old Paul Harvey broadcasts, years ago... For those

that never heard him, he was news commentator (not a reporter really) and he focused on the good news... I miss that...

• Like 5

I don't put to much stock in astrology, which is kind of weird for a Pagan. The whole blood moon thing is, like it or not, is astrology. Disasters and war happen all the time. If you really take the time to study real history you will find we are living in relatively peaceful times. It use to be when some disaster or war happen on other side of the world you didn't know about it for a long time, if ever. Now we know everything that is going on everywhere. That is why it seems like there are more disasters and wars, even though there really isn't.

I am more worried about the climate situation than anything else, Things could go downhill in a hurry. But it is not related to a god, that is our own doing.

• Like 1

Correlation does not equal causation. Just because these blood moons have lined up before significant historical events does not in any way mean that they influenced the events in the slightest.

You're right, just because B followed A doesn't mean A caused B. Anyway, lots of love in my home & life, but we're never in the news because of it and we're unlikely to get a TV reality show.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

I don't put to much stock in astrology, which is kind of weird for a Pagan. The whole blood moon thing is, like it or not, is astrology. Disasters and war happen all the time. If you really take the time to study real history you will find we are living in relatively peaceful times. It use to be when some disaster or war happen on other side of the world you didn't know about it for a long time, if ever. Now we know everything that is going on everywhere. That is why it seems like there are more disasters and wars, even though there really isn't.

I am more worried about the climate situation than anything else, Things could go downhill in a hurry. But it is not related to a god, that is our own doing.

Exactly. I remember, when my little ones, were little ones, I expressed to my mother how I fear various things happening to them based on various events going on at that time. To me, it seemed more children were in danger of being abducted and such. My mother informed me, that had been happening just as much in her younger years than it was today, you just didn't have the media input for everyone to know. And that was about twenty years ago. We know more than that, because of more individual devices of social input, and it does seem scary. What gets me, is that the scary and negative news is more interesting than the positive news or when someone does selflessly help out others. So is it us getting more negative and wrapped up in ourselves, or is it just what we find more entertaining? And what I see more than other types of news, this is alarming to me.
  • Like 2

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=584420&postcount=155