Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

two choices

danielost

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days.

Adan and eve had two choices in the garden, the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and the tree of life.

What I have been thinking is all of the animal life had that choice, they all choice life. Except for adam and eve who choose knowledge over life. If they had eaten from the tree of life after they ate of thebtree of knowledge, they /we would forever in sin. The animals choose life, but not knowledge meaning they would live forever in inocence.

This might explain why they evolved over the centuries, as the climate changes ad they expanded into new environment, and man doesn't. Man either takes hi environment weith him or changes it to suit it him.

Acording to science there were no humans when te dinos were here. Perhaps there were only two.

This might also explain, why some religions preach reincarnation. The animals reincarnate due to their choice. And jesus preached resurection.

Thnk about it and let me know what you think. By nice.

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days.

Adan and eve had two choices in the garden, the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and the tree of life.

What I have been thinking is all of the animal life had that choice, they all choice life. Except for adam and eve who choose knowledge over life. If they had eaten from the tree of life after they ate of thebtree of knowledge, they /we would forever in sin. The animals choose life, but not knowledge meaning they would live forever in inocence.

This might explain why they evolved over the centuries, as the climate changes ad they expanded into new environment, and man doesn't. Man either takes hi environment weith him or changes it to suit it him.

Acording to science there were no humans when te dinos were here. Perhaps there were only two.

This might also explain, why some religions preach reincarnation. The animals reincarnate due to their choice. And jesus preached resurection.

Thnk about it and let me know what you think. By nice.

Well, I'm an atheist, but I'll respond anyway.

If Adam and Eve had really ever existed, the only knowledge they would have had would have been what god instilled in them. Their sense of right or wrong would also be whatever god put in their brand new minds. Were they even ready to make a decision? Would you entrust a two year old to make a species changing decision?

Decision making comes from experience, not poof, here I am, now I have to make a decision that changes how everything will be?

God should not have tempted them to begin with.

I'm sure Christians will disagree with me........

• Like 3

The part that I don't get is that I am being punished for something I had nothing to do with. I know damn well if I had just been told by God himself not to do something there would be no way whatsoever I would go anywhere near it.

• Like 4

I don't understand why you are spelling wrong on purpose. Iv seen your other post and they are not this misspelled.

• Like 2

Well, I'm an atheist, but I'll respond anyway.

If Adam and Eve had really ever existed, the only knowledge they would have had would have been what god instilled in them. Their sense of right or wrong would also be whatever god put in their brand new minds. Were they even ready to make a decision? Would you entrust a two year old to make a species changing decision?

Decision making comes from experience, not poof, here I am, now I have to make a decision that changes how everything will be?

God should not have tempted them to begin with.

I'm sure Christians will disagree with me........

I don't know what other Christians think, but I know God created Adam and Eve for the purpose of fixing the sin problem he knew they would commit if he gave them the choice. They did have a choice, just like you and I do today. We are as stupid as they were, and we really should know better. Seems like mankind would learn after all these years of misery caused by the consequences of our many sins.

The part that I don't get is that I am being punished for something I had nothing to do with. I know damn well if I had just been told by God himself not to do something there would be no way whatsoever I would go anywhere near it.

God tells you not to sin, but do you sin anyway? I think you and I are getting punished for our own sins, which are many.

I don't know what other Christians think, but I know God created Adam and Eve for the purpose of fixing the sin problem he knew they would commit if he gave them the choice. They did have a choice, just like you and I do today. We are as stupid as they were, and we really should know better. Seems like mankind would learn after all these years of misery caused by the consequences of our many sins.

Why did this god of yours create beings he knew would sin?

I don't think sin is a real thing. I think it was invented by Christians. There are times when what we do is mostly right and times when what we do is mostly wrong, but "sin" (as an offence against God) doesn't exist. God can't be offended. Further, God cannot be thwarted; therefore if He doesn't want me to sin, then it would be impossible for me to do so. I know all about the theory of free will; it makes no sense and is just there to give certain types something to talk about and confuse the issue with.

• Like 2

I've never sinned in my life as sinning is of religious construct. You may have sinned in your mind, and believe everyone else has, but my mind is sin free.

BTW, what were Adam and Eve's IQ's? Did they really have what it took to make a decision, one that god would have known the outcome of beforehand?

We as humans today are vastly superior to Adam and Eve, if you believe in them of course.

Why did this god of yours create beings he knew would sin?

If you were God and wanted someone to live with you forever, would you be willing to teach them what they need to do to make that happen. There will be no sinners in heaven, so how do you think God can make that happen for people like you and me? The person I am now is not good enough to go to God's heaven, so something is going to have to happen to make me change. God will give me the intelligence at that time to be able to understand the harm this thing called sin has caused in this world. I will know like he knows. So I do believe that God knew about all the suffering that was coming, and he created us anyway. A heart surgeon knows he is going to cause a lot of pain before he ever uses the knife on his patient. However he knows that what he is about to do will save their life if he does it.

If you were God and wanted someone to live with you forever, would you be willing to teach them what they need to do to make that happen. There will be no sinners in heaven, so how do you think God can make that happen for people like you and me? The person I am now is not good enough to go to God's heaven, so something is going to have to happen to make me change. God will give me the intelligence at that time to be able to understand the harm this thing called sin has caused in this world. I will know like he knows. So I do believe that God knew about all the suffering that was coming, and he created us anyway. A heart surgeon knows he is going to cause a lot of pain before he ever uses the knife on his patient. However he knows that what he is about to do will save their life if he does it.

Isn't god supposed to be omnipotent? Why does he have to create beings that will suffer, and then send most of them to hell?

• Like 3

I've never sinned in my life as sinning is of religious construct. You may have sinned in your mind, and believe everyone else has, but my mind is sin free.

BTW, what were Adam and Eve's IQ's? Did they really have what it took to make a decision, one that god would have known the outcome of beforehand?

We as humans today are vastly superior to Adam and Eve, if you believe in them of course.

I think all of us are pretty much morons compared to them. The bible says Adam named all the animals. From what I see in the bible they had a good understanding of what was going on. They had what it takes to makes decisions, and yes God knew what their decision would be before it ever happened.

We are all a bunch of sinners, and a good look at the condition of the world today should be enough for anyone to see the consequences of our sin.

Most Christians don't know that the character of God has evolved over time.

And to my interpretation Adam and Eve seemes to be royally duped. They say it was a rebellion against God. I simply can't see that.

• Like 2

I think all of us are pretty much morons compared to them. The bible says Adam named all the animals. From what I see in the bible they had a good understanding of what was going on. They had what it takes to makes decisions, and yes God knew what their decision would be before it ever happened.

We are all a bunch of sinners, and a good look at the condition of the world today should be enough for anyone to see the consequences of our sin.

Monotheistic religion is a major contributor to our problems today.

• Like 3

Isn't god supposed to be omnipotent? Why does he have to create beings that will suffer, and then send most of them to hell?

I shouldn't answer that question, I know I shouldn't. However I'm one of the people who knows that God isn't going to send anyone to an eternal hell. The consequences of our sin can send us to a hell of our own making in this world if we don't learn to avoid it. God knows what sin would do if he allowed it to go on for eternity, so he is fixing it.

• Like 1

I shouldn't answer that question, I know I shouldn't. However I'm one of the people who knows that God isn't going to send anyone to an eternal hell. The consequences of our sin can send us to a hell of our own making in this world if we don't learn to avoid it. God knows what sin would do if he allowed it to go on for eternity, so he is fixing it.

Having created it in the first place.

• Like 1

Most Christians don't know that the character of God has evolved over time.

And to my interpretation Adam and Eve seemes to be royally duped. They say it was a rebellion against God. I simply can't see that.

Most Christians don't believe a lot of things I believe. Perhaps that is because I was an atheist for so many years.

• Like 1

Having created it in the first place.

God didn't create sin, it is something we do. You know when you do things that are just wrong (sin).

• Like 1

God didn't create sin, it is something we do. You know when you do things that are just wrong (sin).

If he created us, then he's responsible.

• Like 2

Monotheistic religion is a major contributor to our problems today.

There can only be one God, everything created by him are just things and no gods at all. People create things and call them gods, but they really have no power. Some people think they are god, but when they are old and sick they realize they really were never a god.

• Like 1

The sheer size of universe makes me think monotheism isabsurd. At least most people in one of the most populous nations tend to lean toward similar reasoning.

I think all of us are pretty much morons compared to them.

And you think this based on.....what?

The bible says Adam named all the animals.

With millions of species, that would have taken awhile.

From what I see in the bible they had a good understanding of what was going on. They had what it takes to makes decisions, and yes God knew what their decision would be before it ever happened.

Again, I'm not a sinner! Keep sin to yourself please!

I know it's just a cliche, but the bible is just a book.........nothing to take seriously......

If he created us, then he's responsible.

Yes God created us, and in that way he is responsible. When two people who love each other and have children they know their children could possibly grow up to do some things that disappoint them, but they aren't responsible for children's their stupid decision to rob a bank.

God created us knowing that the intelligence he gave us would allow us to make some wrong decisions, but he knew we were worth the trouble of teaching us how to avoid our wrong decisions. Forever is a long time and requires a lot of teaching to change the minds of rebellious people like us.