Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bush Encounter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#61    Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (DeathlokTheDemolisher @ Sep 21 2003, 04:52 PM)
I have arrived for a short tour of duty, and what do I find?

A potentially decent political discussion on citizens' rights, turned into a useless catfight because of a simple broken link by the originator, and the membership of a buffoon with no political awareness whatsoever, both of them engaged in off-topic banter with the latter supported by a group of arselicking Bush sycophants who consider that a lynch mob is their answer to their country's decline to levels of stupidity unwitnessed before in its history.

If you want to post on this topic again, be prepared with ALL information about how these actions by the Bush admin will be increasingly common under the USA PATRIOT and Victory Acts, and also be aware of the Executive Order provisions for no-protest zones (uniquely engineered under this administration) so that retarded idiot George W Bush doesn't have to face any dissenters in person.

I cannot believe my countrymen can be such fools as the Bush sycophants who have reared their ugly heads in this Forum.

Cease your lives of video gaming and indolence, and get an education, fools.

thumbsup.gif
Cease your lives of video gaming and indolence, and get an education, fools.

I couldnt have said it better.

Attached Images

• screw_un_thumb_4.jpg

“In the 1980s capitalism triumphed over communism. In the l990s it triumphed over democracy. ”
– David Korten, The Post-Corporate World

“The greatest purveyor of violence in the world today - my own government.”
– Martin Luther King Jr., April 4th 1967, exactly one year before he was assassinated

#62    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 22 September 2003 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Infowarrior @ Sep 22 2003, 02:50 PM)
Bush shoulda been arrested for violating his 1st amendment rights!

.....okay,suit you then original.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#63    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 05:51 PM

You know, this is ridiculous.  Saruman or someone, can you please take down the picture of Bush with his mouth taped.  I am really mad.  I am all for expression.  But, that is OUR leader, and I do respect him, seeing him like that, is insulting. Please take it down...

Reese

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#64    Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (reese2 @ Sep 22 2003, 05:51 PM)
You know, this is ridiculous.  Saruman or someone, can you please take down the picture of Bush with his mouth taped.  I am really mad.  I am all for expression.  But, that is OUR leader, and I do respect him, seeing him like that, is insulting. Please take it down...

Reese

He's your leader not mine. thumbsup.gif  

Attached Images

• Doofus.jpg

“In the 1980s capitalism triumphed over communism. In the l990s it triumphed over democracy. ”

– Martin Luther King Jr., April 4th 1967, exactly one year before he was assassinated

#65    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 05:59 PM

Yes he is, and that doesn't matter.  You should post your propaganda somewhere else.

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

#66    Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (reese2 @ Sep 22 2003, 05:59 PM)
Yes he is, and that doesn't matter.  You should post your propaganda somewhere else.

No he isnt... he lost the popular vote by 500,000   And if was ever in my town I'd give him the middle finger salute,and by the way Shrub,Cheney,rumsfeld and Wolfowitz are the propaganda spreaders not me.

Attached Images

• alex_banner1.jpg

#67    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:06 PM

I am not getting angry about this, because that is what you want.  Instead of coming to this board, and giving any well thought out posts, you have now turned it into a 'turn this place upside down' mentality.  Call this a hunch, but you won't last long here.

#68    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,386 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:07 PM

All right I think you've made your point, infowarrior - I think everyone would appreciate it if you'd stop the flow of anti-US Government picture attachments and one-liners now, thanks. Protesting against George Bush is not the purpose of this forum.

#69    Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (SaRuMaN @ Sep 22 2003, 06:07 PM)
All right I think you've made your point, infowarrior - I think everyone would appreciate it if you'd stop the flow of anti-US Government picture attachments and one-liners now, thanks.

Well if everyone wouldn't attack me right off the bat,there wouldnt be a problem...i guess this place doesnt believe in freeom of expression

#70    Pale_Horse

Pale_Horse

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:21 PM

You see this a lot if you peruse other message boards on the 'net.  
This board is not a publicly owned entity and as such is not subject to the cries of "freedom of speech/expression".  The owner/admin has every right to set rules and guidelines for use.  When I come here I do not expect "freedom of speech/expression".  This is Saruman's board, he owns it, he operates it and as such I will respect his rules.  The day Saruman comes to your house and "represses" you for your thoughts, then and only then, has your "freedom of speech/expression" been violated.  It baffles my mind that people don't grasp this concept.  We are only guests here.  Play by the rules.

BTW, reese2, I totally agree, that picture is extremely tacky.  Just student politics as usual.

My hair's turnin' white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue.
We've always been here tryin' to sing the truth to you.
Guess you could say we've always been red, white and blue.

Let's do it again!

#71    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:25 PM

You know, I think years ago, before I started coming here, I did check out other places on the web, but this place for some reason is the one I have always liked best.  I guess because we are all like family, and everyone is so insightful.  Ever since being spoiled here, I don't think ANY other place would compare.

That pic, just bothered me for some reason.. I guess it was the last straw.  After all, there were many others, attached with every post of his...  Well, he gets what he deserves.

Hope your well rested and hurricane damage free now, PH..............   whistling2.gif

Reese

#72    DeathlokTheDemolisher

DeathlokTheDemolisher

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 12:22 AM

The country is at one of its most divided stages of all time within its people, and the Bush admin has to silence dissent.

Homeland Security, TIA, the PATRIOT Act and the Victory Act are all already being used to encompass crimes, misdemeanors and even basic expressions of freedom of speech in disagreement, to incarcerate people in the name of 'anti-terrorism'.

How many people are really happy to speak out against the government in public? Why are the tactics of fear and terror necessary at all?

Most people I talk to around the world actually believe 9/11 would not have happened if the the puppet Bush had not been appointed in the post-election coup.

Of course there is going to be more dissent, and of course they will want to shut it up. They don't want the truth in the hands of the people!

#73    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 12:36 AM

What are you talking about now?????????  You rattled on like a poet without rhyme, making no sense.  You claim things, yet have no example of them to give.  What people are in divided stages?  USA?  It's called democracy.  Everyone has an opinion.  But, we pull together just fine when we want to, and we are quite strong when that happens.

It is funny that you are telling us how we are, when if I am not mistaken, you are not even from this country.  How do you know what goes on here?  And what people do you have HERE that even tell you how they feel about Bush?  And, I mean besides what you read on the internet, I want some flesh and blood people that actually speak to you, and tell you what it is like here, with Bush in office.  I can guarantee that if you do talk to people here, they are fanatics, not level minded people.  Which takes away from your whole point.

And one more thing, why are you going out of your way to try and get your self attacked here?  You moan about how you are being treated here, even using that as your excuse to act idiotic, but don't you think you are leaving yourself wide open for what you get?

Reese

#74    DeathlokTheDemolisher

DeathlokTheDemolisher

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 01:46 AM

Yes, you're mistaken.

I don't care about being attacked by you, I am waiting to see if there is anybody with some substantive knowledge of US or world affairs to take your place. Real people know what is being said, and it sure isn't pretty poetry.

Examples of abuses of the PATRIOT Act and all the enabling legislation already through the Court are more detailed scrutiny of library and bookstore records, classifying someone caught with a pipe bomb as being in possession of a WMD, and classifying meth manufacturers as manufaturers of WMDs. It is just all encompassing garbage. Not to mention the no-protest zones when Bush is in town.

I get the feeling you are in the wrong place, not me. Government conspiracies seem to be the title at the top of the page, you misread the sign for a Denial room.

Is there anyone here who actually has read the PATRIOT act and its extensions?

#75    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 23 September 2003 - 05:04 AM

"The country is at one of its most divided stages of all time within its people, and the Bush admin has to silence dissent."

Not even close, Einstein. The Nixon administration of the Vietnam era holds that inglorious distinction. The US hasn't even come close to encountering that level of divisionism and dissent.

"Examples of abuses of the PATRIOT Act and all the enabling legislation already through the Court are more detailed scrutiny of library and bookstore records, classifying someone caught with a pipe bomb as being in possession of a WMD, and classifying meth manufacturers as manufaturers of WMDs. It is just all encompassing garbage."

Choosing to make a generalized statement regarding a massive piece of legislation is hardly objective, is it? True, much of it was rammed through Congress on the heels of a soul shaking tragedy, but it isn't the first time. Does Pearl Harbor ring a bell with you? You're such a knowledgeable history buff, I suggest you go back and refresh yourself to the laws that were enacted after that event. Many of those dealt with 'restricting' our freedoms and which also ostracized an entire race of people. They were measures deemed to be necessary at the time, similar to the laws being passed today. What's important to remember, however, is that many of them were later stricken and/or expunged, due in large part to the vocal opposition from the citizenry about their inherent unjustness and violation to constitutional freedoms. That is the beauty of democracy, flawed as it may be, but ever changing and adaptable.

There is already increasing opposition to portions of the Patriot Act, the perceived abandonment of individual freedoms does not sit well with your average American, however, there is still the need for greater security. Hard as it is to accept for some, long gone are some of the overly relaxed freedoms we've enjoyed and let make us complacent. Sacrifices have to be made, and will be allowed to a certain extent as long as the focus remains on justifiable threats. What won't be tolerated would be the dissolution of the basic tenant's of freedom, all those things the conspiracy crackpots claim to be extolling for our benefit. This particular stick only has so much bend to it, and the backlash that can and will occur if pushed beyond its limit would be a terrible thing to behold. There wouldn't be enough police or National Guardsmen available and/or willing to stand against the resultant demonstration or revolt.

"I get the feeling you are in the wrong place, not me. Government conspiracies seem to be the title at the top of the page, you misread the sign for a Denial room."

No, you are mistaken. This is a forum whose primary focus is the paranormal. The 'conspiracy' category was intended to address those issues that deal with UFO's, aliens and other subjects related to the genre, not a political platform for those interested in spewing strongly biased, extremist political rhetoric (thanks Cuff). As has already been stated by the administrator, bashing George Bush (or any other specific government official) isn't the purpose of this forum.

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users